Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 24th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus

Why are so many people SO afraid to make even obvious changes to official units so that they work BETTER?
Having HS units that are fundamentally flawed and weak is a waste of an official release. Why not change it and make it useable again?
The worst thing that can happen is that he is played, theme is better, and people find it to be a solid combo and will start targetting Khosumet and taking him out like they do Raelin.
In most of the games I've played there have been strong arguments for and against Official vs. Unofficial changes to rules and units. I think most people wouldn't mind using "fixed" official units for friendly games but want to keep those same units official (i.e. unchanged) for tourneys and such. It would be a big disadvantage to someone who shows up at a tourney unaware that the group running that tourney has made some unofficial changes to official units. Even if it is posted ahead of time and people are made aware, the chance that someone does not know about those changes exist and can impact the enjoyment of the tourney for all participants. Since we have seen a larger occurrence of tourneys taking place (YAY!!), I think people are more reluctant to force unofficial changes to units (even if they are needed.) Just my .02.

Newb.
reap I think you are spot on with your Khosumet fix. I use it when I'm playing at home. If someone at a gathering wanted to use the same rule I'd be down with that too. But I agree with some of Newb's points about the situation as it applies to tournies. Even a casual rules lawyer could make a stink and everyone is generally just trying to play it friendly, so why rock the boat?

As to why the designers haven't seen fit to implement the change...I dunno. Have any of them ever talked specifically about Khosumet? If they have, what did they say? If they haven't, then maybe they don't think he's broken.

Old August 24th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I also want to add that I am not averse to the change proposed (Darklord Bonding). It's a great way to help boost the Darklord and fits the theme very well. It would also be great to see an official fix for him but I have used him in games as he is now and have not been dissapointed with the +1 to the Fury rolls (it saved 3 wolves from being consumed.)

Newb.
Old August 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
And those wolves families thank you for selecting the Dark Lord, LilNewb. :P

Old July 26th, 2008, 05:43 PM

yari commander Woo who?
Re: Khosumet's Unleashed Fury Enhancement

Omg I Dont No How He New But He Did Wave 8 Helped Him Out

Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.
Click it please
Old July 26th, 2008, 05:48 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Khosumet's Unleashed Fury Enhancement

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units