Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old April 28th, 2008, 09:23 AM

dyerseve is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Went Shopping

I was out and about yesterday doing some errands with the family. I planned the route accordingly, making sure everyplace we went we could stop by a heroscape retail seller.

To my dismay, this is what I found:

Wally world :
Marvel Scape x??
Wave 7 Unique x2, Nakita Agents x2, Microcorp x1.

K-Mart :
Marvel Scape x??
Nakita Agents x2

TrU :
Marvel Scape x??
Nakita Agents x2

Target:
Didn't make it to Target but wife went there last Thursday and they had all of Wave 7.

Friday night we all went to the nearest hobbie store, Hobby Town USA. Asked about HS and they looked at me like I was asking for kim chee and a side of rice. They had a full section of Warhammer.

The folks at TrU said they aren't stocking the HS anymore since it doesn't sell. I pointed out to them that you don't need to buy a bunch of Unique packs and MS. Just buy the common packs.

This leads to me think, for packaging or order forms, should it not list Common/Unique so these folks know (I know it lists on back). Or, maybe send them a flyer explaining what it is that people will need. ie. 1 of each Unique, X amount of commons.

I know if I am out and see a common pack, even if I have 2 or more already, I will most likely buy it.

Very frustrating and disappointing to see Nakita agents sitting on the shelf for months and the stores saying HS doesn't sell. Hey TrU, how about restocking some of your EXCLUSIVE Flags?

Sorry about the rant, had to get it off my chest.

Edit - Lowes and Home Depot do not sell HS at all, seached for hours up and down every isle.

When in doubt, batter and deep fry it.
Old April 28th, 2008, 10:12 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
Re: Went Shopping

Why would you look for heroscape in a hardware store in the first place?

Long live Heroscape.
Old April 28th, 2008, 10:18 AM

dyerseve is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

t'was a joke. Hense the

When in doubt, batter and deep fry it.
Old April 28th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

The WMs around here still have some masters sets (both RotV and SotM) on clearance, for $15--but you have to look for them in the clearance aisle (no where near the toy section). Also, they aren't marked--you have to price scan them. (One had a FotA for $15 as well.)

One TRU has all the flagbearers and lots of VolW as well (the other has almost none).
Old April 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyerseve View Post
The folks at TrU said they aren't stocking the HS anymore since it doesn't sell. I pointed out to them that you don't need to buy a bunch of Unique packs and MS. Just buy the common packs.

This leads to me think, for packaging or order forms, should it not list Common/Unique so these folks know (I know it lists on back). Or, maybe send them a flyer explaining what it is that people will need. ie. 1 of each Unique, X amount of commons.

Unfortunately, HeroScape boosters are not able to be ordered individually. They can only be obtained by the case, and a case contains one of each booster for that wave (I'm only talking about the small boosters here). That is why there are Unique packs sitting on store shelves; they open up a case and people buy the common packs.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM

dmacleod66 Woo who?

well here's the HS report for my area- Rochester, NY

WM- Nakita's, warriors/soulborg's, Zombie packs, all of Wave 7
Marvel MS

TRU- Marvel MS

Target- All of wave 7

K-mart- all of wave 5- minus soulborgs pack.
Marvel MS

local Game shop- all 3 MS
orc's/shades, zombie packs
orm's return.

i just started playing about a month ago and had to go to ebay to get my marro set for less than the hobby shop, sorry not going to pay $50 plus tax for it.and still looking for a cheap valkyrie set.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

dmac..My cousin lives in Rochester and I got him and his 2 boys into playing the game (not sure how much they still play)

unless you are him then that would be freaking weird
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:46 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacleod66 View Post
i just started playing about a month ago and had to go to ebay to get my marro set for less than the hobby shop, sorry not going to pay $50 plus tax for it.and still looking for a cheap valkyrie set.
If you're okay to purchase the sets online, there are a couple online vendors with decent prices when compared to you FLGS.

http://housemousegames.com/hemaseofvaed.html

http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com...aster-set.html

Personally, I wouldn't sleep too long on purchasing an RotV set if you've yet to pick one up. Of the two Master Sets, I think it is truly the better of the two in terms of variety and terrain. And the units in the set are still very much playable in games now as they were four years ago.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM

its me lol is surprisingly tart

dyerseve, I also went to hobbytown usa, and asked about heroscape, the dude wrote it down and said he would call in about it, so every one log out grab your keys/nag your mom to go to hobby town and ask about heroscape! My hobby town also had warhammer. Have you seen the prices?!? There was a dragon, that somewhat resembled Braxas. 50 bucks! I also heard you have to paint them yourself. I much prefer heroscape.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales