Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old June 5th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: White Knight's Custom 3D Printed Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Maybe I should use the raft option?
Clean the bed with acetone. I use it for both PLA and ABS.

Try that before you try the raft.
You might also want to increase your bed temperature to 60C or higher.

Have you tried to reprint one of the first parts you printed to see if it's the printer or the new print?
I cleaned the bed with alcohol and went into the custom settings and raised the temp to 65 then 60 after the first layer. That did the trick. I printed out a baby groot and a mario figure. Worked out beautiful. I loaded up some of your knights and they were super tiny. How do you scale them the best way? I have a scale tool and can get ballpark. Would a pair of calipers be the best way to measure.
Scale
or

The knights are in inches, but my printer reads measurements in mm, so I have to multiply them by 25.4.

If yours printed about half scale, I'd use 2.54.
Old June 5th, 2018, 11:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks WK, I'll try some of those. I found out I had to recalibrate, it had moved on me and was bumping the model. I kept the raft and supports on this next one of 28mm Groot. Here's one I printed, modded, and based. Its a protoss unit named artanis from starcraft the computer game.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=133

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 7th, 2018, 08:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe I should use the raft option?
Clean the bed with acetone. I use it for both PLA and ABS.

Try that before you try the raft.
You might also want to increase your bed temperature to 60C or higher.

Have you tried to reprint one of the first parts you printed to see if it's the printer or the new print?
I cleaned the bed with alcohol and went into the custom settings and raised the temp to 65 then 60 after the first layer. That did the trick. I printed out a baby groot and a mario figure. Worked out beautiful. I loaded up some of your knights and they were super tiny. How do you scale them the best way? I have a scale tool and can get ballpark. Would a pair of calipers be the best way to measure.
Scale
or

The knights are in inches, but my printer reads measurements in mm, so I have to multiply them by 25.4.

If yours printed about half scale, I'd use 2.54.
I X them by the 25.4 on mine to see if that would work after I used my calipers and noticed it was still a hair small. I am testing it on the peanut bases. I made a beautiful large peanut base that is closer to a small peanut base before figuring out how exactly it shows up on my printer program. I had to size them to 25400 their original size. It looks like that is the magic number. Awesome!!!! As soon as you get that WoSaGa file up I'll make some for some tournament prizes coming up. Thanks again for all your hard work. I cant rep you. It wont let me. It says spread it around first and all that. I have a few of the Utah guys that would like a WoSaGa apparently.

Old June 7th, 2018, 08:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I gave him some rep for ya. He certainly deserves it for being such a great resource on 3-D printing.
Old June 7th, 2018, 08:50 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I gave him some rep for ya. He certainly deserves it for being such a great resource on 3-D printing.
Thanks YK. I can't Rep you either apparently. That new large peanut is dead on. Its beautiful.

Old June 7th, 2018, 08:56 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks YK. I can't Rep you either apparently. That new large peanut is dead on. Its beautiful.
Wo-sa-ga

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=129
Old June 7th, 2018, 09:12 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wo-sa-ga

AWESOME!!! @Flash_19 , enh.

Thanks WK. He's next.

Old June 7th, 2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wo-sa-ga

Thanks WK. He's next.
If you figure out how to paint him well, let me know.
Old June 7th, 2018, 09:29 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wo-sa-ga

Thanks WK. He's next.
If you figure out how to paint him well, let me know.
Will do. Did you use any supports on this guy?

Old June 8th, 2018, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Did you use any supports on this guy?
Yes. If you have trouble separating the supports, I can give you my support settings or my g-code and see if it prints better.
Old June 8th, 2018, 12:53 AM

Dewback Rider no supports

Dewback Rider with arm supports

Isamu
Old June 8th, 2018, 01:56 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Did you use any supports on this guy?
Yes. If you have trouble separating the supports, I can give you my support settings or my g-code and see if it prints better.
I added supports through my snapmaker software. Its looking pretty good. I think it should be done soon. With my settings its taking 4hrs and 41min to print. Thanks again for the help and e sweet stl files.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards