Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 1st, 2017, 10:02 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Welcome to C3V

Nah, I think GreyOwl's templates are perfectly fine. Nothing that needs "fixing" to my eyes.
Old December 1st, 2017, 10:07 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Nah, I think GreyOwl's templates are perfectly fine. Nothing that needs "fixing" to my eyes.
I agree. They're fan customs, not professional ready for print works. Regardless, you spend a lot of time making sure how the card plays and what it says, so you might as well make it look as good as you can too. Still, to each his own right? You know I love how your cards play!
Old December 1st, 2017, 10:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

If Leaf_It is freely offering us a slight enhancement of our card template, then I see no reason why we should turn it down. As D_S is fond of saying (paraphrasing Pixar), we sand the undersides of the drawers.
Old December 1st, 2017, 10:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. This is not a task I would ask our Art Department to do. Their plate is full.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 2nd, 2017, 05:14 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
If Leaf_It is freely offering us a slight enhancement of our card template, then I see no reason why we should turn it down. As D_S is fond of saying (paraphrasing Pixar), we sand the undersides of the drawers.
As a matter of fact, I would love to. If given the chance, I would make a lot more than just that change. I have an almost finished a template of my own. If the C3V would be willing, I would like to give you that template to work with. However, if you just want the small issue I brought up today, and nothing else, I can do that when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Look at this spoiler to see me say more than I need to about the Valkrill template, and stuff.
Spoiler Alert!

There is one other thing that I really would like to see changed about the C3V's templates. That would be the Valkrill general symbol that you guys use. As you can see in my signature, I made a vector of the Valkrill symbol. I believe this to be more accurate to the original Valkrill symbol, because I used multiple scans of Valkrill cards to make it, as well as comparing it side by side to real cards, to try and get it as close as I could to what WotC used on their cards.

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 2nd, 2017, 10:31 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
As D_S is fond of saying (paraphrasing Pixar), we sand the undersides of the drawers.
Given recent events, it seems like John Lasseter may have been referring to women's panties there.

...Too soon?
Old December 2nd, 2017, 10:37 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That was a pretty good joke right there, Sherman.

= =
Old December 2nd, 2017, 10:47 AM

Thanks - I wish Lasseter hadn't given me cause to make it, though.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 11:17 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Honestly, it doesn’t even register in the horror show that is my news feed. I truly don’t have any care left to give about John Lasseter.

= =
Old December 4th, 2017, 06:41 AM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, with no direct response, I'll assume the proposed changes from me are a no go, but just in case you did want the small change to the initial issue I made that .gif of, I went ahead and uploaded that for you to potentially use.

I think that you guys use a slightly updated version of this template that robbdaman has uploaded. It's uploaded as a .jpg so it doesn't seem to be the same quality as the .pdf files you provide for each official release. This is the version I modified to make this though, so you'll have to get someone on the art team to paste the small change onto the version you actually use. Assuming you decide to do this, It should take about 30 seconds, or less.

For anyone interested in the template I said I was working on, when I opened it to see where I was on it, (it had been a few months since I had done anything with it) I realized I had a bit more work to do on it, so don't expect it for a few days.
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

The jpg is just one uploaded for general use. The actual template is a multilayered Photoshop ready file.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 4th, 2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
The jpg is just one uploaded for general use. The actual template is a multilayered Photoshop ready file.
I figured as much. The template I'm working on myself has about 18 layers I think. I expect that without that file, nothing I would post would ever end up being used by the C3V anyway. Oh well. I brought it to your attention, if you feel the need to fix it, now you know that its there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs