Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 14th, 2007, 01:28 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Tannhauser or Last Night On Earth? I think that I can buy one cheezy miniatures game (apart from my ongoing support for Descent and HS), and it's going to be one or the other. Which?

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old September 14th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Love them both but I vote Tannhauser.

PS the Wolf ROCKS!

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old September 14th, 2007, 06:40 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
A few questions....

1. How is this game for folks with poor "rules memory" like myself? I love playing Heroscape because nearly everything I need to know about a unit is on an official card in front of me, spelled out in plain English. If Heroscape is a 10 on the "reminding you what things do" scale, where does this rank? I grew tired of Memoir '44 because I had to keep looking stuff up.

2. How playable is the game with just the base components? If I never expand, will I grow tired of it or is it variable enough with what's in the box?

3. How dependent is the game on pre-made scenarios? Is it dirt-simple to customize your own scenario or will you eventually play through everything? I'll mention Memoir '44 again...I felt that game was too dependent on pre-made scnearios and found that it was not easy enough to customize my own setups or randomly setup a game.

4. Are the expansions coming to the US?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!
Old September 14th, 2007, 06:51 PM

spacemonkeymafia has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama
Bonus Token!!!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/PDF/eyeofhorus.pdf

The site says they are going to release a new one each month.
Hey thanks Hahn! I read on their forum that Asmodee was doing that and some wondered if FFG was going to do the same. Looks like a good sign of product support from FFG.

Quote:
PS the Wolf ROCKS!
does this mean you got yours and you don't need a pic of the goods, cuz my camera is on the fritz and it might not be til the weekend before I can post any shots of the Wolf.
Old September 14th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Yup I came home today and there was a nice surprise from UPS. Going to play the "God save the Queen" scenario.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old September 14th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Huge Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
A few questions....

1. How is this game for folks with poor "rules memory" like myself? I love playing Heroscape because nearly everything I need to know about a unit is on an official card in front of me, spelled out in plain English. If Heroscape is a 10 on the "reminding you what things do" scale, where does this rank? I grew tired of Memoir '44 because I had to keep looking stuff up.

2. How playable is the game with just the base components? If I never expand, will I grow tired of it or is it variable enough with what's in the box?

3. How dependent is the game on pre-made scenarios? Is it dirt-simple to customize your own scenario or will you eventually play through everything? I'll mention Memoir '44 again...I felt that game was too dependent on pre-made scnearios and found that it was not easy enough to customize my own setups or randomly setup a game.

There is a cheat sheet that has all the weapons on it with there powers.

There are four game modes so you can play a story mode or just kill.

You get new scenarios with every new figure and there are going to be monthly downloads from the site.

Besides the Wolf there are 3 other units for this year and the Big Russian exp is schd for Dec.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old September 14th, 2007, 10:52 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
A few questions....

There is a cheat sheet that has all the weapons on it with there powers.

There are four game modes so you can play a story mode or just kill.

You get new scenarios with every new figure and there are going to be monthly downloads from the site.

Besides the Wolf there are 3 other units for this year and the Big Russian exp is schd for Dec.
Thanks....between this, Last Night on Earth, an XBOX 360, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Bioshock, an azzload of Heroscape, and my normal expenses I'll be going quietly into debt over the next three or four months. Nice knowing y'all....I'll say goodbuy before I hock the computer.
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Tannhauser board NOT too dark

I got my copy of this game today and I feel that the complaints about the board being dark are just wrong. It is easy to see the walls and scenery and especially the movement rings.

You can't play it in the dark, but everything on the board is visible.

I took some figure pics for size comparison...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...r=asc&start=90

I'm gonna read the rules tonight. I'm gonna scan those Wolffe tokens before I punch them out, cause I'll need them when I convert the BPRD...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old September 15th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Huge Fanboy

Played a few games with the Wolf last night. I now now why you have to bid victory points on him. He's badass!

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old September 15th, 2007, 11:31 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Played a few games with the Wolf last night. I now now why you have to bid victory points on him. He's badass!
So, will Wolf be in an expansion in the future? He seems to be a figure that is or can be a big part of the game.
Thanks
Old September 15th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Huge Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac
Quote:
So, will Wolf be in an expansion in the future? He seems to be a figure that is or can be a big part of the game.
Thanks
They are not saying, but he is for sale in Europe right now and the box he came in was a retail display box for hanging on a peg so who knows.

I do know that he ROCKS! I did some serious ass kicking with him last night.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old September 15th, 2007, 04:30 PM
has been BANNED

These expansion tokens....are they actual tokens or do you have to print them out yourself?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games