Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!
Help! My father lost his job, He can't get a new one!

My father lost his job recently and is unable to get another. He has a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and we desperately need this job. In about 3 weeks, we'll be out of the house and into our van. Please, help a scaper in need...

I'm a F18, bro.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Help! My father lost his job, He can't get a new one!

Sorry to hear about your family's troubles. I'm not sure what sort of help you could be looking for.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:25 PM

Gypsy has disabled reputation

Honestly, it would help if we knew where you are located. Then maybe we could see if poeple we know have any ideas.

"Finally, a New Exit from the Underdark..."
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Job help. If you know of a Job, please post here or pm me. We're located in Richton Park, Illinois.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM

Gypsy has disabled reputation

Try careerbuilder.com, it lists 30 some Mechanical Engineering jobs in Joliet. I was born & raised in Illinois, last place I lived there was Aurora. I know it's not exactly where you live but it's the closest place with that many of that type of job.

PS, make sure you lookup the site like you're looking for a mechanical engineering job. It will save some time.

careerbuilder.com/mechanical engineer

"Finally, a New Exit from the Underdark..."

Last edited by Gypsy; June 3rd, 2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:24 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Indeed.com is another good jobs agregator site. Lists jobs form many differnt sites. Sad fact is if the job is listed online it is more than likly already filled or a job you don't really want. most jobs come form people you already know in your network of people.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Midol, King of PMS

My father knows about a lot of local jobs, it's just they all have either not replied or flat out rejected him.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This might help.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Tell him, "Welcome to the Club"... Oh so many unemployed right now, including me and my parents.
Engineering jobs are the worste... since a great deal of them went to India, or some where over seas.

Companies cannot afford to hire anyone at this time... it is not nessessarily the employees that are not getting hired.

Find a place that is doing Military related work, it is not always advertised out in the open, and only those with good histories can get said jobs...

Also he may need to seriously concider changing states... and stop paying for the house payments, like we did. You still get 6 months in the house, after it sells on auction, and its taking our house at least 5 to 6 months, and they still have not had time to auction it with all the other houses on the market... and with all the houses on the market finding another house should be cheap when you try to move.
Old June 4th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

About a month or two ago, my dad survived a round of layoffs at his company in which they got rid of 10% of the people, including some he knew. Just hang in there, hope your Dad finds a job. Personally, I don't know how well the internet job finders work, but good luck.
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Yeah! I'm Here View Post
Job help. If you know of a Job, please post here or pm me. We're located in Richton Park, Illinois.
Try these companies on the web:

TRW
Plexus

http://www.globalspec.com/local/3460/IL

Good Luck!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:03 PM
has been BANNED

Blacktor costs too much!

I hope your dad has some repairing skills cause if you choose to work at American Arlines ( my dad works there and can teach ya how to repair airplanes! And to tell you the truth i don't know where Richton park, Illinois (because i live in Tulsa, Oklahoma!) but American Airlines might be close to you......

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General