Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 16th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Azurite Warlord

You can buy a belt sander for less than 40€ here in France... might worth it following your hobbies... ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old August 16th, 2017, 10:05 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

You can get some low-grit sandpaper (25-75) for a couple bucks (sanding block optional), and just use some "elbow greese" - I can still get this online for <$5
Old August 16th, 2017, 01:49 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
You can buy a belt sander for less than 40€ here in France... might worth it following your hobbies... ^^
Not to hijack the thread but if you do any kind of hobby wargaming terrain the belt sander is a god send for quick and easy terrain.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 16th, 2017, 04:18 PM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker

For me personally I used a flat head screwdriver to pop the inner base out which is close to the size of a Heroscape base.
Old August 16th, 2017, 04:19 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankyteemo View Post
For me personally I used a flat head screwdriver to pop the inner base out which is close to the size of a Heroscape base.
By inner base, is that meaning the inner ring on the bottom of the base?
Old August 16th, 2017, 04:25 PM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker

As far as I remember the original figure is sitting on a fairly thin round base that is glued inside of a larger round base. I pried the smaller one out of the bigger one. This is what he ends up looking like.
Old August 18th, 2017, 05:17 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Xotli has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Well, I'm keeping him on his current base, so I'm all good anyway. ^_^
Srsly?

That base is stupidly large. 3rd worst bases of HS-sized figures, after Dreamblade and Sabretooth. But, hey, if it's working for ya ...
How'd you do it?
You know, it's been a long while since I rebased him, but I don't recall having any trouble getting any of the WoW figures off their bases. D&D Minis figures are always a giant pain, and Dreamblade minis can be annoying; at the other end of the spectrum, 'clix can generally be pried off more than cut, and Sabretooths practically pop off with a little judiciously applied pressure. WoW minis are pretty much right in the middle, IIRC. A pair of strong pliers with a good grip to hold the base, take a good metal utility knife, extend the razor blade as far as you can, lay it flat on the top of the base, and cut towards the pliers (that way, if you slip, the worst you do is blunt the razor against the pliers instead of slicing the pad off your thumb ). Rock the blade around a pivot point instead of sawing or jabbing at it. Every once in a while try twisting the blade slightly to see if the mini is starting to come loose from the base; if it is, you'll feel the mini give slightly, and you can start prying instead of cutting. Go back and forth between the two until the figure pops off, or until the knife slices through to the pliers. Voilà: all done.

(Side note: I rebase everything, except for Rackham (Confrontation/AT-43). Rackham bases are so close to proper Heroscape bases that it's not worth the effort to rebase. You can even get most Rackham figures onto a ladder, although you may occasionally have to sand the bottom of them a wee bit. No belt sander necessary for that—just a regular old piece of fine-grained sandpaper, or the sander head for your Dremel, will do the job just fine. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 28th, 2021, 07:43 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It seems this guy barely fits as a medium sized figure imo. This was noticed when he was carried by Theracus. Comparing his model to other models, he is bigger than some heftier mediums and on par or bigger than other large figures. Was there a reasoning for this?
Old June 28th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
It seems this guy barely fits as a medium sized figure imo. This was noticed when he was carried by Theracus. Comparing his model to other models, he is bigger than some heftier mediums and on par or bigger than other large figures. Was there a reasoning for this?
I wish I knew as well. He certainly should be a large figure.
Old June 28th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I think we really dropped the ball on this one. I blame myself as much as anyone in the C3V; I could have seen the problem at the time and spoken up, but I didn't. FWIW, I think there are precious few mistakes made with the 100+ units created by the C3V. The only other one that comes to mind is the Cathar Spearmen - they should cost more.

Old June 28th, 2021, 09:02 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Pretty sure the reasoning was that VW is also Medium 6.
Old June 28th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Pretty sure the reasoning was that VW is also Medium 6.
Understood. But I've seen him on the battlefield and he really looks big.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs