Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old December 30th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A Collection of Ideas

Added:
Quote:
Darrak's Combat Brew:
At any time if this character were to take multiple wounds from a single attack this item may be discarded. That character only suffers 1 wound as a result of the attack. Use only after defense is rolled, if applicable.
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:57 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
If you make tourney of interconnected rooms you could have a different rule active in each room. Scape will never be the same!
Correct me if I'm reading your idea wrong, but do you mean you have a tournament where you have one big map (made of interconnecting rooms) and players roam around from room to room and fight each other? Sounds interesting if done correctly...

Now for a few ideas:
Traps:
Spirit of the Wild
Remove all order markers from the hero's army card. For the rest of the round, all players may immediately take a turn with that hero after revealing an order marker.

Accidental Necromancy
(This one might be a tad overpowered in the right situation...)
Roll the twenty sided die. On a roll of:
1-14: Your opponent(s) place all of their previously destroyed undead figures in their respective starting zones or adjacent to the hero that triggered the trap.
14-18: Both you and your opponent(s) place all of your previously destroyed undead figures in your respective starting zones or adjacent to the hero that triggered the trap.
19-20: Place all of your previously destroyed undead figures in your starting zone or adjacent to the hero that triggered the trap.

Treasure:
Echo Helmet
(This is meant to be a somewhat weakened version of Evil Eye)
If the figure holding this treasure rolls defense dice against a normal attack by a non-adjacent figure, after defending you may immediately attack the figure that attacked that figure. Roll one attack die for every skull the figure that attacked you rolled. The defending figure rolls defense die normally.

Tough Armor
When the figure holding this treasure rolls defense dice, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Power Gauntlets
When the figure holding this treasure rolls attack dice against an adjacent figure, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:10 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Correct me if I'm reading your idea wrong,
Your not wrong.

You can use these ideas any way you choose. If you want to have a series of maps that represent rooms that's fine, connected or disconnected. If anything here doesn't even get used in original form, but merely inspires something else I think it was worthwhile to put it up. You never know if someone else is looking for, or if you already had the answer to their question but not the question.

Thank you for contributing to the idea pool!
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:25 AM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

That's an interesting way to think about it. Well, seeing as how I'm fine putting up more, I might as well elaborate on a few thoughts of mine:

If someone were to set up a "free roam" sort of tournament, it might be a good idea to have some way of regenerating units after a battle (unless you're planning on having a really short tournament). Turtling might become an issue, so treasure Glyphs will have to be scattered across the entire map to encourage moving around. An interesting variation would be to allow players to form alliances...

To keep the game moving at a reasonable pace, each room will have to have its rounds take place independently of the other ones (which could lead to a little time distortion, but probably not anything major). If a player moves to a new board that has other player(s) on it, they will have to wait until the end of the round to place their figures.

Quote:
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...

Last edited by White Noise; December 31st, 2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:26 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Quote:
If you make tourney of interconnected rooms you could have a different rule active in each room. Scape will never be the same!
Correct me if I'm reading your idea wrong, but do you mean you have a tournament where you have one big map (made of interconnecting rooms) and players roam around from room to room and fight each other? Sounds interesting if done correctly...
Whoa.

This idea seems very simple, yet I've never seen it talked about before.

It would be very interesting, for sure, but you would need a really big table. And how would it play? Just basically a one round, gigantic free-for-all? Maybe players that begin the round in the same room roll initiative against each other only, and can only attack each other that round, no matter what new room they move into?

You'd also need a way of keeping track of your own figures, in case 10 people play Raelin. Hmmm...

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:46 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Jexik talks about map specific rules in this thread.
He hosted a tournament based on the idea.

It's actually a small leap to go from a series of maps with specific rules to a series of interconnected maps with specific rules. The trick is how you connect them.

If your running a large tournament you may want to break it up in to smaller 2-3 map connected segments. That way the whole room isn't waiting on one slow player to finish his turn. Your right, team play can make this system much more interesting for the other people involved. There are many types of team play so the TD would have to work out which one to use.

Another way to do it is to play each map as a separate room, much like the official dungeon crawl released in the new master set 3. Have each battle map use the same arrangement for start zone and you can mentally make the connection that is just one map. Now you completely subvert the issues of waiting for someone to finish their turn.
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Another way to do it is to play each map as a separate room, much like the official dungeon crawl released in the new master set 3. Have each battle map use the same arrangement for start zone and you can mentally make the connection that is just one map. Now you completely subvert the issues of waiting for someone to finish their turn.
^This. That would make things move much more quickly. Another nice feature of this layout is you could make huge elevation changes over several individual maps without using up a ton of support hexes, because you could have a height 3 start zone connect to a height 1 start zone (which hypothetically starts at a height of 3, with imaginary support hexes).

Depending on the size of the entire world map (which will probably have to be changed based on the number of players), you'd need a fairly big space to set everything up at once. However, assuming each individual room is kept seperate (which it'd almost have to be to make playing in the middle feasible), I see no reason why they can't be put on tables. Think Gencon, but instead of being bound to one map, you're able to move around (and you'd probably have a much lower person to map ratio).

Keeping track of figures might still be a bit of a chore. Perhaps stickers on the bases might be in order? Granted, for the sake of simplicity (and not holding other people up) there might have to be a rule that a player cannot be on more than one map at a time, so that'd probably help a little.

Quote:
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:03 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

TRAPS

Addiction: Write the name of any type of tile on a piece of paper. Place the piece of paper on the Army Card of the figure who tried to activate this glyph. At the end of every round that figure is not on a space of the chosen terrain, it receives one wound.

Demotion: Place a demotion marker on the Army Card of the figure who tried to activate this glyph. If that figure is in play, the player who controls it is considered to have 150 points fewer. (this might actually be a good thing if your opponent has NGS and favor with the dice gods)

TREASURES

Promotion: If this glyph is in play, the player who controls the figure holding it is considered to have 150 points more.

Blackout: All friendly figures within 3 clear sight spaces of a figure holding this glyph have no visible hit zones.

Entitled Immaturity: If you scream and flip the board over, you have the right to think you won the game.
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM

Umm... when would promotion/demotion have any real impact on gameplay?

Quote:
Old January 7th, 2010, 09:46 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Two competing armies of XXX points fight on a series of maps.

You could insert monsters controlled by a neutral third player or a mechanic like Zombie Island's. You could have a dragon, chained to limit his range, on each of 4 maps, for example: Othkurick, Nilfeim, Charos and Braxas.

Think of it as an open air dungeon crawl. Terrain and glyphs from all master sets and expansions may be used. Choose a mechanic for healing and/or reinforcement (from a pool, perhaps) between maps.

I don't mind the dungeon crawl thing, I just want to be able to choose my army, rather than have it chosen for me by the scenario, which I think, in Master Set 3, is done so beginners can jump right into play, as in the previous master sets. Also the master sets' included scenarios presume that the players do not have figures from any other set or expansion. I crave more freedom in my army creation than this kind of scenario permits.
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
TRAPS

Addiction: Write the name of any type of tile on a piece of paper. Place the piece of paper on the Army Card of the figure who tried to activate this glyph. At the end of every round that figure is not on a space of the chosen terrain, it receives one wound.

Demotion: Place a demotion marker on the Army Card of the figure who tried to activate this glyph. If that figure is in play, the player who controls it is considered to have 150 points fewer. (this might actually be a good thing if your opponent has NGS and favor with the dice gods)

TREASURES

Promotion: If this glyph is in play, the player who controls the figure holding it is considered to have 150 points more.

Blackout: All friendly figures within 3 clear sight spaces of a figure holding this glyph have no visible hit zones.
Anitar, Thank you for the ideas but WN made a good point above. Unfortunately there is something else that hurts them. There seems to be an issue of substance with these with these. Traps are generally considered to be brief results that do not require major bookkeeping. It can also be a bit confusing to deal with if the demoted hero was worth less than 150 pts to begin with. Does the figure count for negative points? Does it count as a positive for your opponent? Keeping track is easier to do with the treasures becuase there an equipment glyph that does the bookeeping for you. When the treasure is dropped the benefits are lost. Let me know if you decide to revisit these ideas. Unfortunately I don't think they integrate very well with the current system.
Quote:
Entitled Immaturity: If you scream and flip the board over, you have the right to think you won the game.
Good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Two competing armies of XXX points fight on a series of maps.

You could insert monsters controlled by a neutral third player or a mechanic like Zombie Island's. You could have a dragon, chained to limit his range, on each of 4 maps, for example: Othkurick, Nilfeim, Charos and Braxas.

Think of it as an open air dungeon crawl. Terrain and glyphs from all master sets and expansions may be used. Choose a mechanic for healing and/or reinforcement (from a pool, perhaps) between maps.

I don't mind the dungeon crawl thing, I just want to be able to choose my army, rather than have it chosen for me by the scenario, which I think, in Master Set 3, is done so beginners can jump right into play, as in the previous master sets. Also the master sets' included scenarios presume that the players do not have figures from any other set or expansion. I crave more freedom in my army creation than this kind of scenario permits.
Kolakoski, would you mind fleshing out some of the details on your concept and giving it a label. It sounds good but if you could explain it in a consice format that would be very helpful.
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:41 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

A Trap I made a while ago:

Blaze's Burning Fury

A sudden burst of flame bursts up from under your hero. Roll 5 unblockable attack dice. If you roll all skulls, the figure is automatically destroyed.

Treasure:

Power Maul: range 1 attack 9- you may attack all adjecent figures when equipped with this treasure. You may only attack once per round when equipped with this treasure.

Minotaur axe: range 2 attack 4- when attacking with this weapon, each skull counts as one additional hit.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios