Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2019, 05:46 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I didn't think the power names would be such a road block. Are you saying that the mechanical power of tenacity is overdoing it, or just that the name is not representative?

I'll move to the pre-SoV for now.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 05:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Power names *matter*. Everything matters. But power names communicate theme, so they are very important.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 22nd, 2019, 09:45 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Are you saying that the mechanical power of tenacity is overdoing it, or just that the name is not representative?
Mainly the name, though any power that gives a boost to both attack and defense makes me wary.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 09:53 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Metal minis? I'm the only one with a problem with that?
Old September 22nd, 2019, 10:26 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I asked about... I'm sure, 6 month ago? in the C3V question dump, if metal minis would be acceptable, so long as they were prepainted. I was told at that time, that they would be acceptable.

I generally don't like metal miniatures either, but these guys are pretty good. I've dropped them several times, and they haven't broken themselves, nor have they broken anything else.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 10:24 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I asked about... I'm sure, 6 month ago? in the C3V question dump, if metal minis would be acceptable, so long as they were prepainted. I was told at that time, that they would be acceptable.

I generally don't like metal miniatures either, but these guys are pretty good. I've dropped them several times, and they haven't broken themselves, nor have they broken anything else.
I'm not sure I understand; what's the concern about metal minis? Is it just that they might break stuff when they're dropped? I don't really have experience gaming with metal minis, though I do have the dwarf minis in question.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 23rd, 2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 01:46 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Metal minis just have a different feel than all existing Heroscape figures. Quahon's bath toy plastic feels substantially different from the standard miniature plastic to get noted often. Metal minis are a more substantial change to weight and texture for Heroscape figures that can just make a design feel more "custom". Not that this has to be a dealbreaker, that's for you judges to decide
Old September 23rd, 2019, 02:38 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'll move to the pre-SoV for now.
I'll take this to mean that the Great Axes of Ironstone and Dalmar Stonewall have been removed by the submitter's request.

BTW, I couldn't tell from the submission post if they were supposed to be a faction submission or separate.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 03:29 PM

I should have been clear about that. Sorry. They were meant to be a faction, since they come together as a set.

At this point, I'm just going to scrap the entire design. You will not be seeing it again. Too many aspects of the design are bothering people, and if the minis being metal minis is going to be a problem as well, the design doesn't really matter in the first place.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 04:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, that's up to you.

As I said months ago, my own personal feeling is that suitable metal minis, provided the quality and price were acceptable, would be ok. And you seem to have found such a thing. For myself - and my vote doesn't matter now, but this is the same thing I said months ago - the minis themselves (because the quality and price are right) are not a problem. I'm not in the SoV, and I don't know whether it would be a problem for other people.

I glanced at the discussion in the pre-SoV thread, and it looked like a good direction. I wouldn't assume you'll get a no just because they're metal. I mean, there would be a discussion, but I don't know how it would end.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 23rd, 2019, 04:31 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Metal minis just have a different feel than all existing Heroscape figures. Quahon's bath toy plastic feels substantially different from the standard miniature plastic to get noted often. Metal minis are a more substantial change to weight and texture for Heroscape figures that can just make a design feel more "custom". Not that this has to be a dealbreaker, that's for you judges to decide
Well for that matter the hard brittle plastic of the Confrontation minis feel somewhat different as do Mage Knight's heavy and thick plastic monsters and such. Only difference is that they are plastic. Meanwhile the D&D and Star Wars miniatures are more rubbery. As small as these metal minis are I'd say it's unlikely they feel that much different or weird, just a tad heavier.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 23rd, 2019, 05:20 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Like @robbdaman said, plenty of other VC units don't have the same feeling as classic HeroScape units. I don't anticipate having any personal issues with these metal ones, since you mentioned that they aren't too heavy and haven't broken anything when dropped before. It'd still likely warrant discussion behind the scenes as to whether the miniatures are fitting enough, but I wouldn't take that as an absolute either way.

Most of the other issues are addressable, as is being discussed in the Pre-SoV Workshop. Whether you want to work them out and still try for a submission is ultimately up to you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs