Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old September 6th, 2019, 02:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Thanks TREX. Trying to assimilate all this info so I do not get too frustrated.
Troubleshooting my machine problems came to me fairly easily between info on the internet and me being a mechanic also helped a bit since I troubleshoot and fix equipment every day. Hope that info helps.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 6th, 2019, 04:03 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
What did you do to fix the under extrusion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Usually the nozzle is gunked up and needs cleaned or replaced. It could also be a flow rate setting not high enough, filament that doesnt conform to its size standard, or a failing gear that pulls the filament through. Thats just some of what Ive dealt with in the past.
Quote:
Thanks TREX. Trying to assimilate all this info so I do not get too frustrated.
I'm a mechanical/aerospace design engineer, so these things usually come fairly easily to me also. But sometimes the problems are extremely subtle.

My symptoms were A) extreme underextrusion, and B) the filament was expanding in the bowden tube and jamming (leading to the underextrusion)

What I tried (that didn't work)

1) I tried old files that printed well before--had the same underextrusion problem (which rules out CURA issues)

2) Cleaned the nozzle and then switched nozzles after cleaning didn't work (which ruled out the nozzle)

3) Got a new bowden tube, cut it cleanly, and re-attached per instructions. (several times) I wasn't getting a blob between the nozzle and the tube, so it wasn't the tube.

4) Switched to a clean gear on the extruder (same problem appeared with the new gear)

5) Checked for damage to the extruder arm (everything working correctly)

6) Printed out a filament roller guide (to make sure the filament wasn't too hard to pull off the spool)

7) Added washers on the extruder spring to give it more push force

8 ) Inspected the heat sink cooler fan for damage

9) Put a temperature probe on the heat sink to see if it was getting too hot (maybe due to a poorly running fan). The temperature got up to 50C, but not hot enough to melt the filament.

10) Tried to pull the bowden tube to see if it was secure in the coupler to the nozzle assembly--it seemed secure, and it was nearly impossible to pull out the tube even with the tab depressed.

AHHHHHH!

What DID work (even though it wasn't obvious at first)

11) After much reading/videos online, I finally broke down and bought some replacement couplers just in case #10 was wrong and the bowden tube was moving a bit in the nozzle.

After installing the new coupler, I ran the Kaadu Rider--but it failed 1/2 way through the print two times in a row (at the same place). However, it seemed like the figure was coming loose from the bed. The figure itself was rock-solid--no underextrusion.

Long story short--TREX is right--the lance is lower than the figure base, causing the base to detatch from the bed as the nozzle contacts the upper parts of the body. Seems to be printing well now. I just need to fix the file (and fix my print bed height, since I adjusted it to get a contact with the base).

SOLUTION
Changed out the bowden coupler.
Old September 6th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks WK.
Old September 6th, 2019, 07:51 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@White Knight , the reason my kaadu models turned out still pretty good is I added additional supports. Thats also what turned my attention to the differnt heights with the lance and the rest of the model. I hate when I overthink my troubleshooting. Keep up the good work WK. What you do for the community is amazing and is game changing for folks that cant afford the originals.

Old September 6th, 2019, 10:31 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@White Knight , the reason my kaadu models turned out still pretty good is I added additional supports. Thats also what turned my attention to the differnt heights with the lance and the rest of the model. I hate when I overthink my troubleshooting. Keep up the good work WK. What you do for the community is amazing and is game changing for folks that cant afford the originals.
You can try this one without supports:

Gungan Calvary w/supports

It prints out well on my Ender 3, but the front support might need a little more thickness.

You'll need a hot tool to cut through each of the supports before you clip them from the model. The hot tool prevents stressing the rest of the model from the clipper width. After that, they clean up quickly.
Old September 6th, 2019, 10:35 PM
"like" happy

Awesome. Im turning my printer back on now. Since I have 4 kaadu riders Ill probably print a few shield bearers since I only have 1 original. Ill do that new file next to see how good it turns out on my machine.

Old September 7th, 2019, 11:41 PM
"like" happy

@White Knight , Both the Kaadu riders and the shield bearers turned out super smooth. The details on them are pretty awesome. Each of the models took easily an hour and a half each with 99% infill but it was worth it. Now to tediously pull all the support material from them.

Old September 11th, 2019, 11:39 AM

I normally like to post complete squads, but I haven't posted in a few days. Some new files:

Warrior of Ashra 1 (matte)
Warrior of Ashra 2 (matte)
Warrior of Ashra 3 (matte)

Blue Wyrmling (matte)
Red Wyrmling (matte)

Deepwyrm Drow 1 (matte)
Deepwyrm Drow 2 (matte)

Fyorlag Spider 1 (matte)

Goblin Cutter 1 (matte)

Ninja of the Northern Winds 1 (matte)

Warforged Warrior 1 (matte)
Warforged Warrior 2 (matte)

Wolf of Badru 1 (matte)
Wolf of Badru 2 (matte)
Old September 12th, 2019, 12:39 PM

Zarqueam is surprisingly tart

Awesome and amazing! Printing the warforged today.
Old September 12th, 2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarqueam View Post
Awesome and amazing! Printing the warforged today.
The last warforged will be coming soon.
Old September 16th, 2019, 03:38 PM

Arrow Gruts

Arrow Grut 1 (matte)
Arrow Grut 2 (matte)
Arrow Grut 3 (matte)
Old September 16th, 2019, 04:41 PM
"like" happy

@White Knight , what is the easiest way to cut off the bases on these in blender? I dont mind the base attached, its just sometimes more of a pain to emove the supports between the figure and base. Also printing the separate allows for stickered bases. Even printing them solid I still get more breaks with ones that have the base attached. Im going to give printing a bunch of these another go since you are making the really great matte files.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing