Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old January 26th, 2017, 10:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 26 - Round 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
jcustar and I got to play the fun format Chaos of the Battle. He selected his Dwarves and I was left with his Elementals. Kurrok ran towards the battle while the Elementals got killed. Good game jcustar, good luck in the rest of the event.
Once again, you've proven that army selection dosn't matter in take 2 events. Bravo, sir, bravo.
Old January 27th, 2017, 12:27 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
jcustar and I got to play the fun format Chaos of the Battle. He selected his Dwarves and I was left with his Elementals. Kurrok ran towards the battle while the Elementals got killed. Good game jcustar, good luck in the rest of the event.
Once again, you've proven that army selection dosn't matter in take 2 events. Bravo, sir, bravo.

Last edited by superfrog; January 27th, 2017 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Gotta love passive aggressive dramatic posts
Old January 27th, 2017, 10:50 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Superfrog and I played last night

I deferred and he took: Ashi-Dhulu, Minions of Utgar x3, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marcu Esenwein

I countered with his other army:Urk, Horned Skull Brutes x4, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior

Here was the starting board: Chaos of Battle!
Spoiler Alert!

Round 1: Superfrog wins initiative

-Minions on the top lava all come in at me so 2 get height and they kills 2 Brutes (10 left)
-The Brutes respond taking height and killing 2 Minions (7 left) and then putting 4 hits on Raelin
-The Minions obliterate poor Urk in 1 attack and kill another Brute (9 left)
-The Brutes keep throwing up skull and kill 2 more minions (5 left), but Rae blocks
-Minions move off of lava, no attacks
-Brutes kill Raelin and another Minion (4 left)

Lava: Ashi and Marcu both take a wound

Round 1 Casualties: 5 minions, Raelin, 1 wound on Marcu and Ashi-D for SF. 3 Brutes, Urk for me

Round 2: kevindola wins initiative

-Minions finally block an attack
-Minions kill Brute (8 left)
-Brutes move toward Taelord, no attacks
-Ashi has an attack blocked by a Brute
-Brutes (within Taelord) put 2 hits on Ashi-D (3 wounds)
-Minions kill a Brute (7 left) and take Wanok

Lava: Minion dead (3 left)
Wannok: Taelord (1 wound)

Matchup after Round 2: 7 Brutes, Taelord (4) vs. 2 Minions, Marcu (5), Ashi-Dhulu (1)

Round 3: Superfrog wins initiative

-Ashi-Dhulu gobbles up a Brute (6 left)
-Brutes finish off Dhulu
-Minions kill a Brute (5 left)
-Brutes kill Minion (2 left)
-Brutes block minion attack
-Brutes kill Minion (1 left on Wannok)

Lava: Marcu (2nd wound)
Wannok: a 1......dead Minion (none left)

Matchup after Round 3: 5 Brutes and Taelord vs. Marcu

Marcu killed 1 Brute but that was it. I won with 4 Brutes and a 4 life Taelord.

gg superfrog! The Brute attacks were hot, and it was fortunate that I was able to shift the battle to within Taelord aura in the 2nd round. If Wannok hadn't have backfire it could have gotten interesting.
Old January 31st, 2017, 01:58 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Round 3 is Escape on Platypus.

The I.S.B.3 (2-0) v. Dr.Goomonkey (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Wolves of Badru x3, Morgoloth, Werewolf Lord, Marcu Esenwein
* Capuan Gladiators x3, Spartacus, Retiarius, Theracus
* Command Courier x3, Warforged Soldiers x2, Major X17, Black Wyrmling x2, Siege
* Dumutef Guard, Frost Giant of Morh x2, Heirloom, Ogre Warhulk
I.S.B.3 chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Dr.Goomonkey chooses who places first.

The dok (2-0) v. TheEpicAlpaca (2-0) pool of armies is:
* M-43 Resistance Fighters x3, B-11 Resistance Corps, Jarek Guy, Kira Jax, Akumaken
* Izumi Samurai, Kozuke Samurai, Tagawa Samurai, Tomoe Gozen, Ebon Armor, Eldgrim the Viking Champion
* Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior, Minions of Utgar x2, Protectors of Ullar x2, Isamu
* Phantom Knights x4, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Nilfheim
TheEpicAlpaca chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.

The Dysole (2-0) v. kevindola (2-0) pool of armies is:
* Ashi-Dhulu, Laglor, Gorillitroopers x3
* Zettian Deathwings x3, Minions of Utgar x2, Torin, Drow Chainfighter x2
* Werewolf Lord x2, Seleena, Phantom Knights x3, Marcu Esenwein
* Death Knights of Valkrill x4, Skull Demon x2, Air Elemental x3, Dumutef Guard x3, Otonashi (drop one)
Dysole chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, kevindola chooses who places first.

The mtl1998 (1-1) v. simval (1-1) pool of armies is:
* B-11 Resistance Corps, Major Q10, Phantom Knights x4 (drop one)
* Azurite Warlord, Cyprien Esenwein, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Roman Legionnaires x3
* Tornak, Krug, Heavy Gruts x3, Ashi-Dhulu
* Nicholas Esenwein, Bloodburst Thrall x3, Preyblood Thrall x3, Deathstrike Thrall x2, Asterios, Sonya Esenwein
simval chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, mtl1998 chooses who places first.

The Ixe (1-1) v. superfrog (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Templar Cavalry x3, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Seleena, Kira Jax
* Wolves of Badru x4, Khosumet the Darklord, Isamu, Morgoloth
* Urk, Horned Skull Brutes x4, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
* Ashi-Dhulu, Minions of Utgar x3, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marcu Esenwein
superfrog chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Ixe chooses who places first.

The jcustar09 (1-1) v. Kinseth (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Kurrok the Elementalist, Water Elemental x5, Fire Elemental x3, Air Elemental x3
* Axegrinders of Burning Forge x3, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Migol Ironwill, Ulfrid Hornwrangler
* Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep x2, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Akumaken, Augamo (drop 1)
* Tomb Skeletons x3, Skull Demon x2, Horned Skull Brutes x2, Racheim (drop 2)
jcustar09 chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Kinseth chooses who places first.

The vegies dad (1-1) v. vegietarian18 (0-2) pool of armies is:
* Quahon, Fyorlag Spiders x3, Estivara, Nicholas Esenwein
* Nilfheim, Greenscale Warriors x3, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
* Red Ants of Aunstrom x2, Skeletons of Annellintia, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Sgt. Drake Alexander [RotV], Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior
* Xualtica Fire Ants x2, Tomb Skeletons, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior
vegietarian18 chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, vegies dad chooses who places first.
Send PMs to vegietarian18 to schedule games with his dad

The Chris Perkins (0-2) v. n00b (0-2) pool of armies is:
* Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Marcu Esenwein, Mezzodemon Warmongers x5
* Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Kaemon Awa, Marro Stingers x5 (drop one)
* Laglor, Krav Maga Agents, Major J15, Microcorp Agents x2, Isamu, Guilty McCreech
* Marro Hive, Marro Drones x4, Major Q10, Drow Chainfighter, Otonashi
Chris Perkins chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, n00b chooses who places first.

Sir Heroscape has a bye this round.
Old January 31st, 2017, 02:08 AM

A reminder that we are using the Escape format this round, and that it has been modified from the past event where we used it:
Quote:
  • For this scenario you cannot leave a figure from your army unplaced if it would fit in your startzone.
  • After revealing an order marker and before taking a turn, if you have a figure unengaged in your opponent's startzone, you may remove that figure from the game. That figure "escapes" the game.
  • You score points based on full card scoring of escaped heroes, and partial card scoring for escaped squads.
  • If a figure you control destroys another figure you control after targeting it for a normal or special attack or choosing it for a special power that inflicts wounds, the destroyed figure counts as an "escaped" figure for your opponent.
  • The game ends when one player has no figures left on the battlefield. The player with the most escaped points wins. If there is a tie for escaped points then the player who still has figures on the battlefield wins.

Last edited by dok; February 1st, 2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old January 31st, 2017, 08:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

(not tonight. Trying for Saturday am)

Last edited by superfrog; February 1st, 2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old February 1st, 2017, 08:10 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
A reminder that we are using the Escape format this round, and that it has been modified from the past event where we used it:
Quote:
  • For this scenario you cannot leave a figure from your army unplaced if it would fit in your startzone.
  • After revealing an order marker and before taking a turn, if you have a figure unengaged in your opponent's startzone, you may remove that figure from the game. That figure "escapes" the game.
  • You score points based on full card scoring of escaped heroes, and partial card scoring for escaped squads.
  • If a figure you control destroys another figure you control after targeting it for a normal or special attack or choosing it for a special power that inflicts wounds, the destroyed figure counts as an "escaped" figure for your opponent.
  • The game ends when one player has no figures left on the battlefield. The player with the most escaped points wins. If there is a tie for escaped points then the player who still has figures on the battlefield wins.
So you don't want to destroy an opponent figure with a special attack, correct?
Old February 1st, 2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So you don't want to destroy an opponent figure with a special attack, correct?
NO, that fourth bullet point only applies when you attack yourself. If you don't do any self-kills then you can completely ignore that bullet point.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 12:59 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS Season 26 - Round 3

Well, that was an interesting game.

1st 3 rounds involved my mezzos and his agents exchanging fire across the middle, I lost all my exos and he lost most of his agents (2 Krav left).

Cyprien then did his thing for the next 3 rounds, killing the rest of the agents and putting some wounds on his heroes, finally escaping with 1 life left.

The next round involved Sonya suicide-charging into Laglor to buy Marcu time to escape. I thought I had lost it when Marcu decided to betray me, but n00b decided to let him escape anyways (mercifully?).

The last 4 rounds were painful, my single Mezzo shadowing his Major j15 so he couldn't escape. After four rounds of my Mezzo missing and him strategically not attacking, the mezzo finally put the 4 wounds on the soulbourg.

Got the win, but long game, not entirely sold on the format. The incentives just got weird at times (ex. a single common squad figure beating 3 unique heroes after 4 rounds because they couldn't attack me or n00b would have immediately auto-lost). If the end-game hadn't gotten so long, maybe.

I'm curious if anyone else has had extra-long games due to this format?
Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
The last 4 rounds were painful, my single Mezzo shadowing his Major j15 so he couldn't escape. After four rounds of my Mezzo missing and him strategically not attacking, the mezzo finally put the 4 wounds on the soulbourg.
This is a corner case that we didn't forsee. We modified escape from the last time it was run to essentially force you to interact with your opponent in order to escape. However, it was not the intention to allow you to indefinitely delay the last figure exiting when ahead on points.

This only comes up in one particular corner case, where both players are down to a final figure, player A is winning, and player B's last figure is expensive enough to flip the game back the other way. However, in that case, you can't actually finish the game off in a natural way.

The remedy would be to allow an immediate escape at the end of the game. In essence, the rules would change to:
  • The game ends when one player has no figures left on the battlefield. When one player has no figures left on the battlefield, all opponent's figures in their startzone immediately "escape", then the game ends. The player with the most escaped points wins. If there is a tie for escaped points then the player who still has figures on the battlefield wins.

We have decided to give players the option of playing with this modified rule for the round. If you wish to use this modified rule, discuss it with your opponent before the game.
Old February 4th, 2017, 11:05 AM
This is merely a joke.

Templars + Yngvild > Wolves - Morgoloth

(Also, I noticed an error in the map image: there's a level 2 ice tile on each side of the map that is unmarked as if it's level 1).
Old February 4th, 2017, 11:13 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
The Ixe (1-1) v. superfrog (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Templar Cavalry x3, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Seleena, Kira Jax
* Wolves of Badru x4, Khosumet the Darklord, Isamu, Morgoloth
* Urk, Horned Skull Brutes x4, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
* Ashi-Dhulu, Minions of Utgar x3, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marcu Esenwein
superfrog chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Ixe chooses who places first.
superfrog and I just finished up. My trap army for the wolves finally paid off (they got wrecked in chaos of battle). Raelin hid behind a glacier and protected my team while Morgoloth and the wolves tried to take her down. The templar put up a shield to stop the wolves from pouncing and her defense boost had them keep the rabble and the demon lord at bay long enough to charge and take down some enemies.

Morgoloth was the real threat and a Dagmar boosted initiative switch had him pounding the kyrie warrior and brought her down by a pouncing wolf that finally found a window. The templar bravely charged to avenge her, finally getting a big attack and sneaking in a small one on a whiffed defense to take down that monster. With their big hitter down, things were much tougher for the wolves. Even without Raelin the templars were able to dismiss the rabble and, after claiming Yngvid, charge around the battlefield with abandon to route the wolves. Soon they were thundering into the start zone and keeping superfrog at the defensive to stop them from escaping. The game ended after they cleared out the last of the wolves, setting up easy escapes and making it impossible for Isamu to make a difference. Good game, superfrog.

Stats
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ixe; February 4th, 2017 at 12:17 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events