Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old January 13th, 2010, 07:19 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Double post. My bad.

Long live Heroscape.
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:34 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Played my third game tonight and I am now 0-3 against my 7yr old son. I'm very slowly learning the bit of finesse apparently needed to play the elves.

I still can't believe I lost tonight. At one point I had 5 units on the board to his 1 (mid game), and I still managed to lose. Though I suppose it didn't help much when a full life Mealena (end game) fell to the Orc who needs 4s to damage (5 attack dice) and my son rolled 5,5,5,5,6.

Unbelievable.

-insert signature here-
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:57 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Played my third game tonight and I am now 0-3 against my 7yr old son. I'm very slowly learning the bit of finesse apparently needed to play the elves.

I still can't believe I lost tonight. At one point I had 5 units on the board to his 1 (mid game), and I still managed to lose. Though I suppose it didn't help much when a full life Mealena (end game) fell to the Orc who needs 4s to damage (5 attack dice) and my son rolled 5,5,5,5,6.

Unbelievable.
Or are you just losing your gaming talents and fear that the truth will equaled with high pitched giggles directed at you. Effectively reminding you of your childhood and making you cry in a corner for hours on end each day!
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:02 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I have gaming talents to lose?

-insert signature here-
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:42 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

I've played two games with my wife. She's played with the Dwarfs both games (she thinks they are the cutest) and I played once with the Goblins and once with the Orcs. I won both games but they were pretty close, and would have been closer still if the Mrs. would have been more aggressive in trying to attack my Summoner. I am loving this game and hope to sneak in more plays this week between work and homework.
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:47 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

I still can't believe I lost tonight. At one point I had 5 units on the board to his 1 (mid game), and I still managed to lose.
One thing I like so far about this game is the swings. Since killing figures builds your magic, one good round can greatly sway the current state of the game. It really gives a player that's behind a chance to get back in. I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Though I suppose it didn't help much when a full life Mealena (end game) fell to the Orc who needs 4s to damage (5 attack dice) and my son rolled 5,5,5,5,6.

Unbelievable.
I wish I played dice games when I was a little kid - it's like I missed my dice rolling prime. How do little kids roll dice so well?

*killercactus shudders, remembering the 12 year old girl at NHSD that rolled 18-17-17 with Braxas on the first attack of the game, after melting an entire Elf Wizard army the round before*

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:57 AM

Yeah, the swings in the game are great, you're never out of it. To top off that insane roll my son pulled off, he followed it up with a fighter who rolled to move/attack again successfully three times in a row (on the same turn) and wiped out the layer of protection I had on my summoner. It was a sight to behold.

I think it might have to do with believing in magic. Somewhere along the way we lose it as adults, but as long as the kids believe the dice follow suit.

-insert signature here-
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Exactly. The game has a lot fluidity. One turn, it looks like the game is over for you. The next turn, the tables are flipped and you are back in it.

Besides, Colby has some great stuff planned for future releases! Hold on for a great ride!!

Newb.
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:16 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Oops wrong thread
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Exactly. The game has a lot fluidity. One turn, it looks like the game is over for you. The next turn, the tables are flipped and you are back in it.

Besides, Colby has some great stuff planned for future releases! Hold on for a great ride!!

Newb.
Yeah, I was watching a game this morning between two kids. One was frustrated that he had 3 champions in his hand and he felt stuck. He forfeit, handing the game over to me.

On the first turn, I dropped everything in his hand except Ragnor, giving myself 5 magic. Next turn, I didn't actually summon him. Instead, I drew and Ice Wall, 2x Fighters, and Reinforcements. I placed an Ice wall, played Reinforcements (both fighters), and had them leap over to Prince Elien and finish him off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:43 AM

Those Ice Walls are so annoying when they're not yours. Seems like every time I have an opening to go after the Summoner my son gets an Ice Wall card or two, making me spend turns destroying it or going around.

-insert signature here-
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:44 AM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I wish I played dice games when I was a little kid - it's like I missed my dice rolling prime. How do little kids roll dice so well?
It's the other way around for me! The way I roll, I'm invincible. I need to get better at losing without my opponent noticing I'm doing it on purpose.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games