Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 4th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Mr. Bistro's Maps

So I'm going to start uploading some of my map .pdfs. Most are standard fare but offer solid play. To start off here's a solidscape pic of one I made this morning. It's much more dynamic then most of my other maps, and I'm very excited to play on it. It takes 4 MS, 4 RttFF, at least 1 VW, and a whole mess of the bits found in Waves 1-4.

In Carvaggio's thread (I'm going to be Carvaggio when I grow up) he mentioned victory points via location capture. Because most of this map is located on the tower itself, it calls for special rules or otherwise both armies will meet at the foot of the tower and never go anywhere else.

Instead of location capture, I think I'm going to go with a peace spell that prevents anyone from fighting. The two opposing armies have to search the tower to find the glyph which will end the spell. This lets everyone explore the four sections, position their troops, then beat the snot out of each other.

EDIT: It is worth mentioning that I intend to replace the ruins on top of the tower with a castle, assuming those sets ever make it to retail. So it's gonna get bigger.

EDIT: Here's another: Bridge Over the River Mor, 2MS, 1RttFF, some others.

EDIT: This is one I made for Mech Fight, my homebrew fighting robot game. There are no trees on the map because HS trees don't fit the scale. It requires 4 MS, about 3 RttFF, and Waves 1-4.

Here are the links to download the maps:

The Bridge Over River Mor
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=59

The Ruins of Stag Road
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=60

Ruins of the Sorcerer's Palace
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=61

Jandar's Hammer
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/?dlid=151

The Curse of Gerva Castle
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=199

Thaelenk Wastes
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=198

Castle Falnir: The Southern Gate
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=197

The Lookout on Mor
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=211

The Spring at Thades
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=212

Battle at the Reflecting Pool
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/?dlid=533
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:44 PM

bobofett has disabled reputation
wow that is awsome can't wait for the .pdf file

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:51 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Very cool map, the only thing I see is that it might lean a little heavy torwards flyers, Theracus or Saylind could put range up on that platform and make them next to impossible to get down. Granted there are ways but I always like to leave steps or something for Krug :P This is why on all of my maps I never do single steps for very long. I put in a double step every 3 steps so that big guys can waddle their way up as well. Still though it is a very creative and well thought out map. Nice job!
Old June 5th, 2006, 06:04 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I like the idea of the bridge on its own in the first, i think the second map layout is cool...but i love your last one!
Old June 5th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
Very cool map, the only thing I see is that it might lean a little heavy torwards flyers, Theracus or Saylind could put range up on that platform and make them next to impossible to get down. Granted there are ways but I always like to leave steps or something for Krug :P This is why on all of my maps I never do single steps for very long. I put in a double step every 3 steps so that big guys can waddle their way up as well. Still though it is a very creative and well thought out map. Nice job!
Normally I'm content to let armies be built around a map, but in this case I think I'll extended the stairs. I'd hate to see Krugley miss out. I'm not worried about flyers getting too much advantage, as the pre-fighting rules should melee figures plenty of time to find good positions. I'm going to test this out tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
I like the idea of the bridge on its own in the first, i think the second map layout is cool...but i love your last one!
Thanks. That's Bronson's Marsh, and despite its fairly level structure I suspect it might make a fun Heroscape map as well.
Old June 7th, 2006, 11:00 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
Hey mrbisto! Where have all you're maps been? Is this your first time posting 'em, because I never saw them on .net or HQ. They look really nice!

Old June 8th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberish_47
Hey mrbisto! Where have all you're maps been? Is this your first time posting 'em, because I never saw them on .net or HQ. They look really nice!
Thanks! I think I only ever posted one on HQ, and it was more of a novelty then anything else. Don't know why I didn't post more. I'm putting the .pdf's of all of these up this coming weekend.
Old June 11th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

Okay, I've uploaded three map .pdf's: River Mor and Bronson's Marsh (shown above) as well as Stag Road (shown below). I'll be testing out the ruined tower today, and hopefully posting a .pdf for it later. If you play on any of these please let me know how it goes.

Old June 11th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

Here is a refined version of the ruined sorcerer's palace. First, I improved the structural integrity quite a bit. I also made sure each level could be accessed by figures with double-sized bases. Super tall ones like Jotun won't fit inside the structure, but that's to be expected. Oh, you'll need about 15-20 binder clips as well, depending on how secure you like things. Here are some solidscape pics.

The .pdf is available for download above. I hope to have live pics later on today after the game.

EDIT: Pics are in. I didn't think to take photos during the game, so these are all staged, but they give a pretty good idea of what the map looks like.

This is a shot of the action on top.

Here's a shot of things around the other side.

A kyrie battle on a ruined bridge, and vipes coming out of the well.

A slightly larger view of the map. You can see the top of my Heroscape storage underneath the table. The base of this structure was modeled off of a classic Heroscape map. Ultradoug will pay $50 to the person who figures that out first.
Old July 10th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

For those of you who have been around since the old days, you might remember my map the Beaches of Lerrin. It was a beach assault scenario that was a little lacking (it was before any terrain packs were released, and I only had two MS). I updated the map this weekend, and then ended up updating the scenario too. It's now a clash between two armies composed entirely of commons. Both sides get to continuously recycle dead troops, resulting in wave after wave of combat.

The red and orange lines on the map are markers for the invading army. If they can get a figure past one of those lines, they may then deploy new units from that line as opposed to deploying them back in the water. It represents the invaders swarming across the beach and gaining ground. Once I have the scenario tested to satisfaction, I'll post it here. Here's a pic.

Old July 10th, 2006, 10:31 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro

I LOVE THAT FIELD!

damn you and your 1 MS and 2 RttFF more than me! DAMN YOU, mrbistro! i am jealous!
Old July 10th, 2006, 10:35 AM

0rbital has disabled reputation
Very cool!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios