Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Looking for a better Migol's Tomb

Maybe I'm crazy, but didn't someone at some point post a map that was basically Migol's Tomb, only better constructed? I actually like the Migol's Tomb map (well, the tomb part of it, anyway), but it's not very sturdy. And I swear I saw a better version of it as done by someone here on the boards, but now I can't find it. Am I just misremembering?

My ultimate goal is to make a fairly large map; SSX's friends are coming over tomorrow night for a birthday party and they may want to play some HS. Dunno how many of them might be involved so I thought maybe I'd make a monster map. I'm starting with GaryLASQ's quite excellent Brusymlund (partially 'cause I already have it built, to be honest), and I thought I'd throw in my TT by using GaryLASQ's TT MOP. I still have 2 MS left over tho. So I thought maybe I'd tack on something like Migol's Tomb, to have a nifty thing to get underneath.

Still not sure how I'll possibly stick them all together tho, but I'm sure I can hack together something. Suggestions welcome, of course.
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
If it's sturdy you want, you could redo the supports with castle wall pieces.
Old September 8th, 2006, 09:19 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I built a Migol's to variant where I completly closed the tomb with castle walls and a door , I also put a castle on top.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old September 11th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
I've redone Migol's Tomb using 1 Master Set, 1 Tundra, 1 Castle, and 8 additional 2-hex snow pieces (1 copy of each set from Wave 5).

The .zip file is too big to upload so you can grab it here: http://homepage.mac.com/vigprints/FileSharing6.html

file name: "Winter_at_Migols_tomb.pdf"

It's my first posted map so go easy on the criticism.
Old September 11th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
As mentioned in another thread, putting a ladder up the single-hex pillar will give it much more stability (as well as an interesting alternative way to get to the top)

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old September 12th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
I built a Migol's to variant where I completly closed the tomb with castle walls and a door , I also put a castle on top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah
As mentioned in another thread, putting a ladder up the single-hex pillar will give it much more stability (as well as an interesting alternative way to get to the top)
Alas, I'm still waiting (very patiently!) for my castles to arrive from HouseMouse. So I couldn't use castles as an option.

I eventually just used the actual Migol's tomb map (well, half of it) only I used two hex pieces most of the way up for that single hex column. It was stable enough. I probably could have done better if I didn't totally suck at maps.

I will try to get a picture of the final combo map and put it up for anyone who's interested. I actually had quite a cadre of young ones (7-10 yo boys) drooling over the map and figures ... we played HS till past 2am, and then they got up at 8 the next morning, some of them started playing again.

Quote:
I've redone Migol's Tomb using 1 Master Set, 1 Tundra, 1 Castle, and 8 additional 2-hex snow pieces (1 copy of each set from Wave 5).
:
:
It's my first posted map so go easy on the criticism.
Hey, I'm no one to criticize anyone's mapmaking skills.

I took a quick glance and it looks pretty cool to me ... once I get my castles I'll have to try it out (and I'm also getting another TT, so that'll be handy).

BTW, your presentation is definitely pretty slick ... what software did you use to create the map?
Old September 12th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli
I took a quick glance and it looks pretty cool to me ... once I get my castles I'll have to try it out (and I'm also getting another TT, so that'll be handy).

BTW, your presentation is definitely pretty slick ... what software did you use to create the map?
Thanks for the praise. Because I'm a Mac user and can't use programs like VirtualScape (or whatever it is everyone uses), I had to draw it myself using Adobe Illustrator. And figured as long as I was making it, I might as well do it right.

A few things about the map; I kept the contour of the map as best as I could. I could have replaced the ground supports with castle pieces, but felt it looked cool and more natural with the original ground supports in place.

I also did away with the door which I tried to include, but the map and the room inside was simply too small. If I had a second tundra set, I would have enjoyed doing the whole map in snow.

Old September 12th, 2006, 08:40 PM

Fsiv330 has disabled reputation
cool map

~ ~ROCK ON~ ~

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios