Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 5th, 2006, 07:33 PM

kennylibido has disabled reputation
Scenario ideas for the taking

Looking at the castle and being a long-time roleplayer, I thought it would be interesting to have a scenario that entails a "rescue the fair maiden/sissy boy" theme. You know, the King sends mercenaries to the evil Wizard's keep to rescue his boy/girl/cat.

The idea is to set aside the big-bad figures so the players only use "heroic" figures to make a foray into the keep while gunning for the other player. Once inside, some sort of randomization mechanism is used for monster placement consisting of the big-bad figures. Targeting priority for the monsters would need to be worked out - maybe closest target, random target, or otherwise.

Perhaps the randomization could include a list of single creatures and combinations of two or more. The monsters are controlled by the player not being attacked. The scenario goal is, of course, to free the prisoner.

I also thought it would be cool to have a scenario involving two or more keeps that act as "safe-houses" where reinforcements are made available from the pool of killed figures with some sort of handicap reducing the hit points or powers of the reinforcements - maybe an extant unit on the board would travel back to the keep to rally his or her reinforcements. This would, obviously, make for a longer game, but certainly would add a different dimension to the game.

Feel free to steal/adapt these notions if you wish. I don't have enough experience with the game to understand the subtleties of balancing these scenarios. Oh yeah, I'm lazy too.
Old September 5th, 2006, 07:39 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Scenario ideas for the taking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylibido
Once inside, some sort of randomization mechanism is used for monster placement consisting of the big-bad figures. The monsters are controlled by the player not being attacked.

Oh yeah, I'm lazy too.
Don't you mean "indolent"?

I like this idea, and is a monumental, but cool, challenge to make a scenario for it.
It reminds me of my only scenario idea that is free for any interested party to make:

Jurassic Park, where the heroes (only heroes can be played) have to get off the island, past different regions that are controlled by different species of dinosaur.
That's what the Hunting Raptors and the Neutral Unit mechanic was inspired for (see my customs thread)
Old September 5th, 2006, 07:41 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Did anyone play Warcraft 3? The dungeon scenarios required a small force to carefully fight or avoid numerous strong enemies. If you were observant, you could liberate reinforcements (usually prisoners of the enemy) along the way. Often the reinforcements would counter the next foe that you would come across.

Combine Kenny's idea, with Warcraft 3, with Grishnaks Dungeon idea, and the single player quest map I saw in one of the codex's, and you have a fun little dungeon/castle raid romp.
Old September 5th, 2006, 07:45 PM

Buffrat has disabled reputation
Hey Corpuff, I don't know if you know this, but...

I actually posted that EXACt idea a while ago on here .

But, somebody said it was too confusing, so everybody forgot about it,...

So, did you get the idea from me?

"Illidan has mocked the Scourge long enough. It's time we put the fear of death back in him." --Arthas

Old September 5th, 2006, 08:34 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
I don't have a castle yet, but you gave me a good diea. From what I've heard, the defenders of the castle usually win, so... you could have prisoners that somehow escape and have to fight their way out of the castle, while their allies are trying to break in at the same time.
Old September 5th, 2006, 08:38 PM

Khanbob42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger
I don't have a castle yet, but you gave me a good diea. From what I've heard, the defenders of the castle usually win, so... you could have prisoners that somehow escape and have to fight their way out of the castle, while their allies are trying to break in at the same time.
I really really like that idea. This could definitely make some castle games a bit more balanced.
Old September 5th, 2006, 08:52 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Hah! You know what they say about smart people thinking alike or whatever.

Seriously Buffrat, I never saw that post, but I do like your idea

I think a lot of ideas get poo pooed on thesee boards, only to have somebody else come up with the same idea later with a lot of attention. Just think of it as being ahead of your time
Old September 5th, 2006, 09:13 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
Did anyone play Warcraft 3? The dungeon scenarios required a small force to carefully fight or avoid numerous strong enemies. If you were observant, you could liberate reinforcements (usually prisoners of the enemy) along the way. Often the reinforcements would counter the next foe that you would come across.

Combine Kenny's idea, with Warcraft 3, with Grishnaks Dungeon idea, and the single player quest map I saw in one of the codex's, and you have a fun little dungeon/castle raid romp.
WCIII is my favorite computer game EVER!!

oh yeah and i geuss that a good idea to

GO WARCRAFT 3!!!

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:56 PM

Fsiv330 has disabled reputation
cool idea

~ ~ROCK ON~ ~
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:37 PM

Yup, and a matter of fact, me and my friend like my Warcraft 3 Version of the game WAAAAAAY better.

I'm GM, so I design the campaigns for him, and control enemies, but yeah, its pretty sweet, you should try it.

"Illidan has mocked the Scourge long enough. It's time we put the fear of death back in him." --Arthas

Old September 6th, 2006, 10:33 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
theres a WCII varient of HS?
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:49 AM

Not an official one, just a one that I made just for me and my friends to play.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios