Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 28th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Kahrma's Maps. *NEW* Myrkr Spring

Thought I'd post some of my maps for others to try out. I'll be adding more as I go along, so be on the lookout for updates! Hope you enjoy these as much as I have. Constructive criticism is always welcome, so feel free to comment!

1 Masterset

Myrkr Spring

This is a semi-symmetrical map using 1 SotM and 2 TJ. Jungle terrain directs movement out of the 24-hex start zones for non-flyers. A generous helping of jungle brush and palms should provide ample cover for melee assaults. The single glyph location should help lure units away from the central island.

Grenmyrr Keep

Grenmyrr Keep is a semi-symmetrical map using 1 SotM, 1 FotAK, and 1 TJ. A small keep dominates the center of the map, hiding several useful glyphs behind its closed door. Rannveig glyphs in each starting zone should keep flyers out, though the AE, monks, and Drake cannot be thwarted! There are no ladders inside the keep, so the walls should be unreachable for ranged units - short of using AE, Saylind or Jotun. Jungle terrain below should give units on the ground a helpful boost, while road tiles provide a fast means of engagement.

Dreyrugr Holr

Dreyrugr Holr is a semi-symmetrical map using 1 RotV MS and 1 RttFF expansion. No tiles from small expansions were used. The map features a wide, level 1 road along one side of the map. There are two elevated areas running parallel to the road, with a valley in between - home to two random glyphs. A glyph of Kelda is tucked onto a 1-hex island protected by a stream. Download is in PDF format.

Turret Rocks

This is my latest version of "Turret Rocks", and the one accepted to the BoV. "Turret Rocks" is a somewhat symmetrical map using 1 RotV Master set. No extra tiles or expansions were used, so nearly anyone should be able to build this map. The map features full 24-hex starting zones, decent cover from range, and minimized single-hex landings. The "Turrets" were designed such that getting single-spaced non-flying figures (ie. most ranged units) up to max elevation will require a significant investment in movement. This version has been updated with a fixed glyph of Astrid - I thought some previous glyph placements were imbalanced. Download is in .PDF format.

Spring Thaw

Spring Thaw has been significantly revised based on suggestions made following the original's use at Gencon 07'. It remains a semi-symmetrical, 2 player map using 1MS, 1TT, and no tiles from small expansions. Spring Thaw features full 24-hex starting zones, minimized single-hex landings, range cover, and 2 suggested glyph locations. While it was made to be played with "Light Snow" and "Normal Ice", it is now navigable using "Heavy Snow" rules. Download is in .PDF format.

The Keyholes at Wolf Swamp Road

This is my entry for Nether's Meta-Map contest. It is a semi-symmetrical map using 1MS, 1RTFF, and no tiles from small expansions. Just about anyone can build this map! The terrain forces you to make some strategic decisions - do you rush through the keyholes and engage the opposition, or clamor for high ground? Should you skirt the edges and grab the glyphs? One of my favorite maps, small or large!

Blind Date

"Blind Date" started as a re-mix of my meta-map "Keyholes" (featured below). While maintaining the same core architecture, "Blind Date" is more stable and plays quite differently. This is a semi-symmetrical map using 1MS and 1RttFF. No tiles from small expansions were used - you should actually wind up with a few unused single-hex grass - so no worry of coming up short. This remix boasts full 24-hex starting areas, ranged cover, further minimized single-hex landings, and 2 suggested glyph locations. Download is in PDF format.

Frost Heaves

This is a semi-symmetrical map using 1MS and 1TT. The outer portions of the map are symmetrical - the inner portion is not. No tiles from small expansions were used, so there should be no danger of coming up short! The map features 24-hex starting areas, ranged cover, minimized single-hex landings, and 3 suggested glyph locations. Snow tiles should be treated as "Light Snow", ice tiles as "Normal Ice". Download is in .PDF format.

Redslick Bridge

I originally called this one "Crossings", but it sounded too much to me like a prime-time teen drama series or something. This one is a 2 player (mostly) symmetrical map using 1MS and 1RTFF. No tiles from small expansions were used. Features 24hex starting zones and minimized single-hex landings. Should easily support 400-600 point armies for "Kill'em All" or "Capture the Flag" scenarios.

Eruption at Durgeth Keep

My first attempt at a VW map. It is a non-symmetrical map using 1MS, 1 RTFF, and no tiles from small expansions. You might recognize some cues from Soulrazor Canyon. I tried to balance the advantage of high terrain by making most of it with Lava Field tiles.

2 Mastersets

Swamp's Edge

This is my first attempt at a SotM map, and takes cues from "Ternion Shelf" below. Swamp's Edge is a non-symmetrical map using SotM and RotV, featuring prominent shelves, 24-hex starting zones, and two fixed glyph positions. This map was designed in VirtualScape and has yet to be playtested.

Ternion Shelf

This is probably my favorite of my 2MS maps. I used 2MS, 2RTFF, and tiles from several small expansions. I used no road tiles from RTFF. The "Ternion Shelf" link includes a tile count for those interested. This map is non-symmetrical and features overhangs covering most of the middle of the map. Water covers a good portion of the terrain beneath the overhangs, but there are plenty of dry paths through. Marrden Lair at Ternion Shelf is simply a scenario using the Marrden Hounds in conjunction with the Ternion Shelf map.

Gate to Borg Dalr

A 2 player, semi-symmetrical map featuring a river passing through a mountain pass. Roadbuilders were forced to bridge the river in order to complete the road into/out of the valley. I used 2MS, 2RTFF, and tiles from about 22 small expansions for this one.

Cerulean Pools

A 2 player, non-symmetrical map featuring roads, bridges, and hidden glyphs. I used 2 MS and 2 RTFF, with no tiles from small expansions. No danger of coming up short! I've made a couple of minor changes (glyph placements) for the sake of balance since the screenshot was made. Not terribly balanced, but still fun to play on!

Last edited by Kahrma; June 17th, 2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: New Map
Old August 28th, 2006, 04:56 PM

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Just thought I'd post to say that I'm done for now :banana: so here's a dancing banana.
Old August 28th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice maps! Thanks for posting. I especially like Cerulean Pools and Gate to Borg Dalr.

Newb.
Old August 29th, 2006, 01:57 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Nice maps and nice avatar!
I like the small map (The Keyholes at Wolf Swamp Road). Will try it someday, when I finally get RTTFF...

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old August 29th, 2006, 08:25 PM

Fsiv330 has disabled reputation
nice maps

~ ~ROCK ON~ ~
Old August 29th, 2006, 08:27 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
aranas, i thought you had RttFF?
Old August 29th, 2006, 10:34 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
aranas, i thought you had RttFF?

Well, It has been ordered from HouseMouseGames in a joint order with ArchonShiva including castles. Since the point of this joint order was to save on shipping, I have to wait for the castles before I get my RTTFF.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:25 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
i like the cerulean pool one!
Old September 5th, 2006, 09:05 PM

HokshilaTo Woo who?
We built "Gate to Borg Dalr" and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the great map. Although we didn't play your scenario, we had alot of fun.
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM

Fsiv330 has disabled reputation
i ike the cerulean pools!!!!

~ ~ROCK ON~ ~
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokshilaTo
We built "Gate to Borg Dalr" and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the great map. Although we didn't play your scenario, we had alot of fun.
Thanks! That's so friggin cool - seems surreal to imagine one of the maps that grew on my kitchen table, materializing 3 states away in Utah. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:21 PM

Just added "Spring Thaw" to the front page, and to the downloads section. Lemme know what you think!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios