Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 6th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Here was my first test board to learn the castle rules:

A snowed in fort:

I only had access to some snow sets and custom made snow tiles along with two castles, so it was a limited build, but it was fun.
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:12 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Hrm. I seem to have missed this thread. It was a nice surprise to see all your old maps back up. I love the snow fort. Its quite artistic and I like how the sieging units are surrounding the castle. Also nice to see I am not the only one who plays on the carpet! I would guess that is only temporary though since you just moved.

Also what is the blue thing at the head of the lake on the map your wife made?

I've tried to figure it out but I cannot tell. It is a little small in the picture and does not have too much contrast since its mostly uniform blue.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Hrm. I seem to have missed this thread. It was a nice surprise to see all your old maps back up. I love the snow fort. Its quite artistic and I like how the sieging units are surrounding the castle. Also nice to see I am not the only one who plays on the carpet! I would guess that is only temporary though since you just moved.

Also what is the blue thing at the head of the lake on the map your wife made?

I've tried to figure it out but I cannot tell. It is a little small in the picture and does not have too much contrast since its mostly uniform blue.
That is a Time Traveler sarcophagus from the Micronauts toy line. It was an innovaitive line of toys (and a great comic) that first came out in the mid to late 1970's. I've had it since I was a kid. My wife thought it would look cool in the Wellspring map.

That map is going to get revisited now that the castles are out. Her original concept was to have high walls all around it with walkways. Now she'll be able to make it correctly.
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great maps and that Micronaut Sarcophagus brings back so many memories.

Newb.
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
I really like the inclusion of your snow tiles intermixed with the official snow tiles. The brown makes the snow look trodden and worn, adding a little more flavor to the look of an all snow map. Really makes it more of a 'frozen wasteland'.

Now what you need to do is mod some snow covered trees and add them to the mix! Perhaps taking out some of the smaller single hex glaciers to replace them with the trees.

Cool map, though.
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
I really like the inclusion of your snow tiles intermixed with the official snow tiles. The brown makes the snow look trodden and worn, adding a little more flavor to the look of an all snow map. Really makes it more of a 'frozen wasteland'.

Now what you need to do is mod some snow covered trees and add them to the mix! Perhaps taking out some of the smaller single hex glaciers to replace them with the trees.

Cool map, though.
Yeah, there would have been snow covered trees on there if I could find my trees!

I am definitely making some of those. I liked the photos Truth and others have posted with the snowy trees. I am keeping my eye on some road sets that are slowly being marked down at a local Wal Mart so I can get them for this purpose.

I think the custom snow integrated nicely too. I knew it would not go to waste. We use it as the no penalty light snow and keep the all white for heavy snow.
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The custom snow looks like areas of heavy travel where the mud and snow have become mixed. Looks really cool.

Newb.
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:48 PM

Fsiv330 has disabled reputation
nice maps

~ ~ROCK ON~ ~
Old March 20th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Master Custom Creator

One my latest battlefields set outside Valhalla. This one was used for testing Aliens and a Predator custom. I wanted to do a sci-fi map with no green or sand anywhere. It a geothermal research station on some forsaken planet.

There are lots of places to hide and small scenic bits here and there to make things interesting. Plus, a big Hexagon custom terrain piece that serves as one of the focal points.

I've had this one built for a couple of weeks and its being torn down soon, so I thought I'd document it. Check out the AvP thread if you are interested in a battle report:

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...t=85&start=195
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:42 AM

heroscapewanabchamp has disabled reputation
Them are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the design of the boards, got to give you prop's.

If you dont have a ps3........... buy one.
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:52 AM

Hedge Knight Woo who?
Glorious, wonderful stuff. This is yet another thread packed with awesomeness that I haven't seen before. Glad you bumped it with your latest pics!

Do you have any problems counting movement on non-hex custom terrain? Seems like there could be challenges there.

Man, I'm jealous that your wife is into making maps. If Hedge Wife was down, that would rule.

Cheers!
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedge Knight
Glorious, wonderful stuff. This is yet another thread packed with awesomeness that I haven't seen before. Glad you bumped it with your latest pics!

Do you have any problems counting movement on non-hex custom terrain? Seems like there could be challenges there.

Man, I'm jealous that your wife is into making maps. If Hedge Wife was down, that would rule.

Cheers!
Thanks!

The custom terrain piece does have some delineation of where you can move due to the small clips that you use to put it together. You can't really see that in the photos, though. It does take a brief explanation, but it works ok. I gave +2 movement to any figure that moved on it exclusively.

It only becomes a little more interesting if someone decides to jump off it or climb it and you have to count the hexes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios