Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 5th, 2006, 08:09 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Nilfheim and the balrog

scince it has the same stance, and general look, has anyone repainted nilfiem to look like this?

Theophilus.
Old September 5th, 2006, 08:11 PM

Fsiv330 has disabled reputation
good idea, id do it if i could

~ ~ROCK ON~ ~
Old September 5th, 2006, 08:28 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
well, there already is a pre-paionted plastic balrog figure.....
course, it's frickin HUGE!!!

And it comes with a die!
Funny thing is - this huge guy only costs as much as the standard bearers will together. Man, Hasbro's gonna make a killing with them.
Old September 5th, 2006, 09:11 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
[quote="reapersaurus"]well, there already is a pre-paionted plastic balrog figure.....
course, it's frickin HUGE!!! [quote]

What? It's only a nine-hexer

On a serious note, are those hexes near the same dimensions as the HS hex?

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 5th, 2006, 11:39 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
[quote="toddrew"][quote="reapersaurus"]well, there already is a pre-paionted plastic balrog figure.....
Quote:

What? It's only a nine-hexer

On a serious note, are those hexes near the same dimensions as the HS hex?
I believe so.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old September 5th, 2006, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
well, there already is a pre-paionted plastic balrog figure.....

And it comes with a die!
Funny thing is - this huge guy only costs as much as the standard bearers will together. Man, Hasbro's gonna make a killing with them.
Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to say Hasbro will not only make a killing on those standard bearers... they might as well ask us for our immortal souls at that price =(

I really hope there is a reason for those guys to cost so much. Or better yet they can always bring the price down. Then again maybe they saw how much people paid for Nerak and Sir Hawthorne and decided we would still buy the figures even if they did cost us an arm and a leg =(

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Old September 6th, 2006, 01:04 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm afraid they are testing the water to see what kind of pricepoint they can extract with this game.

If so, I kinda hope the standrad bearers don;t sell well, to show Hasbro that HS fans don;t appreciate being price-gouged $10 for one small figure and 1 die.

But I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Regardless of price, I hope the abilities and costs of the figures are balanced and appropriate.
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:11 AM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
It is not just 1 die. It is 12 combat dice with the extra symbol on the blank side, a 20-sided die, and a dice bag. Along with the figure.

I think it is only slightly overpriced.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I don't think they are over priced. People are griping that Hawthorne and Nerak are not available for purchase and easily spend 3 or 4 times as much on those units and they only consist of a figure and a card. These are going to be a real value and nowhere does it say that you need to buy all of them.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:23 AM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
...and nowhere does it say that you need to buy all of them.
I would have to check but, I'm pretty sure all my Heroscape packaging says "You need to buy all of them".

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No that's pokemon...."Gotta catch them all..."

Newb.
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Regardless of price, I hope the abilities and costs of the figures are balanced and appropriate.
Agreed. The last thing we need is an overpriced figure with unimaginative and unbalanced abilities. Oye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
It is not just 1 die. It is 12 combat dice with the extra symbol on the blank side, a 20-sided die, and a dice bag. Along with the figure.

I think it is only slightly overpriced.
Have we confirmed those are actually dice in the picture and not just the background printed on the box?

Either way it is overpriced. If you buy all 5 standard bearers you have to pay for those 12 combat dice each time and I think I have enough already. Honestly I think the designers just added the combat dice so people will say: it is only slightly overpriced :P

Besides for the price of all 5 standard bearers you could buy an extra master set with 30+ figures and terrain. Not to mention a good number of dice and probably a booster too.

I still want the standard bearers. I'm just not sure I will have the money to buy them.

Sorry for the threadjack but I think it is the market plan for Heroscape to turn it into a collectible game while claiming it is not in order to draw the most fans possible. So far we have exclusives, plus standard bearers which will go for the price of collectible rares from other random-purchase games, and a really bad distribution scheme which makes most of their figures really hard to find! =P

Plus has anyone else wondered why they release their boosters in waves which are not replaced on the shelves once they are sold? It really seems like they have followed the limited release pattern of most miniatures collectible games.

Obviously I cannot be certain that is their market plan but I think it is possible. Either way I'm happy the figures are very popular and sad they are so expensive though I guess those two facts go hand in hand, now don't they? :P

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards