Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 16th, 2021, 08:11 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Statesman (Breathing Period)

I feel like there's plenty of designs where they're taking just one wound, even from someone like Godzilla. Superboy, Luke Cage, Magical Defense people, Omni-Man Invincible, and more I'm sure. I feel like it's not too crazy if he's covering Manticore and Positron, and just repositioning for other figures. I do like the non-adjacent restriction, I think that let's him swoop in for the defense, but you can't just park him beside his buddies. I'll cut the "Statesman is not engaged" text here, since being non-adjacent is enough of a restriction IMO.

I do like the direction of what you suggested! If there's more pushback on what I suggested I'm open to going the "absorb a wound" route. I do want the main theme here to be "Really durable guy that knows it, and will take hits to protect his teammates", and I don't think taking one wound really gets that across so I'd probably fiddle with it a bit, but the power is really cool. Here's what my Tanker is looking like right now ;

Quote:
TANKER
If a non-adjacent figure you control within 3 spaces of Statesman would receive one or more wounds from a normal attack and Statesman is not engaged, you may move Statesman adjacent to the defending figure. If the defending figure has the Freedom Phalanx special power, instead of placing wounds on the defending figure, you may place one Wound Marker on this card.

Quote:
TANKER
If a non-adjacent figure you control within 3 spaces of Statesman would receive one or more wounds from a normal attack, you may move Statesman adjacent to the defending figure. If the defending figure has the Freedom Phalanx special power, instead of placing wounds on the defending figure, you may place one Wound Marker on this card.
I appreciate all the support Jekyll!
Old April 17th, 2021, 09:47 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like that change to make him factional rather than a generalist pod helper.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 18th, 2021, 10:42 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Updated the SP. Happy with how he’s looking, I’ll let this sit for a day before moving forward with checklists and all that.
Old April 19th, 2021, 11:46 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Before moving forward to checklist and initial voting (Which I will gladly take care of the initial) I just want to clarify this. As it's written, Statesman is not required to move to save his buddies. I would suggest adding the "if you do" phrase just to clarify that he must move to give the bonus. Otherwise he could just stay within 3 spaces and just take all the hits. Let me know if I'm missing something though, or if that was your intention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
TANKER
If a non-adjacent figure you control within 3 spaces of Statesman would receive one or more wounds from a normal attack, you may move Statesman adjacent to the defending figure. If the defending figure has the Freedom Phalanx special power, instead of placing wounds on the defending figure, you may place one Wound Marker on this card.
Two options here for you if you want them.

Quote:
TANKER
If a non-adjacent figure you control within 3 spaces of Statesman would receive one or more wounds from a normal attack, you may move Statesman adjacent to the defending figure. If you do, and the defending figure has the Freedom Phalanx special power, instead of placing wounds on the defending figure, you may place one Wound Marker on this card.
Quote:
TANKER
If a non-adjacent figure you control within 3 spaces of Statesman would receive one or more wounds from a normal attack, you must move Statesman adjacent to the defending figure. If the defending figure has the Freedom Phalanx special power, instead of placing wounds on the defending figure, you may place one Wound Marker on this card.
Old April 19th, 2021, 12:02 PM

Ahhh ok, I see the issue. I like the first one that keeps the option of moving if you want to. Will update the SP with this one!

Quote:
TANKER
If a non-adjacent figure you control within 3 spaces of Statesman would receive one or more wounds from a normal attack, you may move Statesman adjacent to the defending figure. If you do, and the defending figure has the Freedom Phalanx special power, instead of placing wounds on the defending figure, you may place one Wound Marker on this card.
Old April 19th, 2021, 04:49 PM

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

CONSISTENCY CHECKLIST (LONG FORM)
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 19th, 2021, 05:03 PM

I propose we move to initial testing.
Old April 19th, 2021, 05:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Statesman (VOTE for initial playtest)

Yea
Old April 19th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old April 19th, 2021, 05:11 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

yea

I'd consider trying to reuse a personality if there's an existing one that fits (browsing the sortable index is the best way to find the list of existing personalities). But if Demanding fits especially well then no biggie, as this is a super small thing.
Old April 19th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

My experience with City of Heroes was having a bunch of various superheroes give me quests like "Hey, go kill 30 snakes NOW" so I thought Demanding was kinda funny.
Old April 20th, 2021, 06:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

yea

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library