Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Would you like the new packaging style?
I hate our packaging style now, so i would love any change 8 13.33%
I really don't care as long as they make good units 45 75.00%
NOOO!! The packaging style is perfect!!! 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:33 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Only problem I have with the packaging is the difficulty of getting the army cards out. Other than that it's fine.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:46 PM

Adam has disabled reputation
At first that was my big issue. I hope they mean "put the cards in better places" when they say "new packaging style"

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
At first that was my big issue. I hope they mean "put the cards in better places" when they say "new packaging style"
The cards are in a perfect place, IMO. Between the back on the cardboard ensures all my cards are in perfect condition. I've gotten some pretty beat up expansions but not ONE bent card. It's really not hard to open them either. Just cut the bubble off, then peel back the two hex holes to reveal the cards. I actually have more trouble remembering not to throw out the glyphs in the Wave 1 packs. Actually, I do have one bent card now that I think about it. Laglor's card was sticking out of the top of his box and the tip is bent a little. Definitely not the kind of packaging I'd like to see in the future.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
If they got rid of the flap but incorporated a small plastic hook, the expansions could be hung on a peg-board, freeing shelf space, as well as fitting into a smaller shipping box (or fitting more into the same box?). Target and Wal-Mart and some other stores stock Heroscape near pegboards, so they could just slide it down, hang the expansions on a peg, and boom, many many expansions can go vertically.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
If they got rid of the flap but incorporated a small plastic hook, the expansions could be hung on a peg-board, freeing shelf space, as well as fitting into a smaller shipping box (or fitting more into the same box?). Target and Wal-Mart and some other stores stock Heroscape near pegboards, so they could just slide it down, hang the expansions on a peg, and boom, many many expansions can go vertically.
Awesome Idea. I hope Craig is reading this.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:54 PM

TyrionXavier has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
No updates. And I don't think many people will care how stuff is packaged.
I care. It'd be nice if they made the Wave packs actually openable without having to have a masters degree in openology. There has to be a better way to put the army cards in the packs.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:19 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
I think there are a few faults with the packaging. First off, the cards need to be in an easily accessible place that doesn't take precision to take out in 1 piece. The flat piece at the top is virtually useless, except for unit description. Thirdly, the bulkiness can be cut down. If you look at the space between the figures and the front plastic, there is about a good inch of blank, open space. Keep the plastic the same height, and width but slim down front to back and we could see more packages per case. done ranting.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM

Adam has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac
I think there are a few faults with the packaging. First off, the cards need to be in an easily accessible place that doesn't take precision to take out in 1 piece. The flat piece at the top is virtually useless, except for unit description. Thirdly, the bulkiness can be cut down. If you look at the space between the figures and the front plastic, there is about a good inch of blank, open space. Keep the plastic the same height, and width but slim down front to back and we could see more packages per case. done ranting.
Yeah!!, and what the heck is that stuff they stick it with, superglue?!?! It's like a wrestling match "NO THESE CARDS ARE MINE, ADAM!!!" "No, I paid for you, hand 'em over, small expansion!!!"

I actually acidentally ripped my Monks/Hounds cards a little. Now I'll never know if the third hound's tail can be shot at!!

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:12 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I could stand to see a package change. I don't have much trouble with the packaging now, but if they cut down on the packaging all together (Top flaps, extra plastic space, as others have said) I'd like it better. A smaller box so more stuff can be shipped at a time, while reducing waste.

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
As someone that keeps an entire set of Heroscape releases on display I would have reservations about new packaging. I'd have to see it to make any kind of judgment on it.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
We can rule out a change of packaging making things cheaper - Sandra has already warned us that Hasbro's prices have gone up recently.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old March 3rd, 2007, 05:10 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
I quite liked the Flagbearers boxes - maybe something like that for the wave boosters? I think that would be an improvement... unless, or course, it made the individual booster packs heavier than before, in which case I would get stung for higher postage charges! Bleurgh!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion