Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old August 4th, 2016, 07:12 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Making the RotV figures into Planeswalker heroes and squ

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces. If you do, you must attack each figure on those spaces who are in Mimring's line of sight.
Can you update to:
FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces. If you do, you must attack each figure and destructible object on those spaces who are in Mimring's line of sight.

And I might just be conditioned from Heroscape but I think rolling attack dice once is probably best. More words but less dice-rolling for a quicker battle. I would then keep him at 4 Power but add something like +1P when attacking figures that he is engaged with.

Titantic Growth would be pretty awesome though. That's why I am wondering if we need to figure out something for Special Attacks not being modified by Enchantments, etc. I'm not advocating that, per se, but wondering if we have a direction one way or another for consistency.
Old August 4th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, you're too conditioned by Heroscape.

The reason for attacking each figure is because of the Senseless Rage enchantment which seems to require a separate attack roll for each figure.

The reason I don't want to do +1P for attacking adjacent figures is that it would require another power and Flying already takes up half the card by itself.

Since AotP doesn't have special attacks, I'd rather not use them.

Man, I feel like Mr. Negativity now.

Switching to another subject you brought up, do we need to specify destructible objects? I'll need to look at the cryptolith rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 4th, 2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Yeah, you're too conditioned by Heroscape.

The reason for attacking each figure is because of the Senseless Rage enchantment which seems to require a separate attack roll for each figure.

The reason I don't want to do +1P for attacking adjacent figures is that it would require another power and Flying already takes up half the card by itself.

Since AotP doesn't have special attacks, I'd rather not use them.

Man, I feel like Mr. Negativity now.

Switching to another subject you brought up, do we need to specify destructible objects? I'll need to look at the cryptolith rules.
You are Mr. Creative right now : P so it is all good.

We're off to a good start.

As for Cryptoliths .. I think including that in the power reflects Mimring's "destroy 'em all" nature. I haven't actually *played* with the 'Liths yet but I am looking forward to it.
Old August 4th, 2016, 09:34 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

In a diferent vein, I expect that the next official AotP set will bring a surprise (like Cryptoliths did) that will cause something to break.

In line with the Cryptoliths, I think that is a good idea to include them. Perhaps change the terminology slightly to targets.

Quote:
FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces. If you do, you must attack each figure on those spaces who are in Mimring's line of sight with -2P this turn.
Quote:
FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line starting from one of Mimring's spaces. If you do, you must attack each target on those spaces who are in Mimring's line of sight with -2P this turn.
The intent would be to make the wording include both friendlies and opponents as well as objects, without using so many words. Also want to make sure that counting starts at the figure and goes 8 from there, not 4 on either side of him.
Old August 4th, 2016, 10:17 PM

I checked the SoI rulebook and they do *not* refer to Cryptoliths as destructible objects. At most, they call them magical ruins, but otherwise it just describes that you can attack and destroy 'Liths.

Since we are doing a "blender" and we might play-test with other Heroscape terrain, I suggest we go with destructible objects as a term and follow those basic rules.

"Target" is a good idea but I didn't see anything in the How to Attack section that mentioned it. It just talks about figures attacking figures.

Target is certainly used for spells but that doesn't imply clear sight or hit zones so I think "attack each figure and destructible object" is cleaner.

--
For Mimring, do you think he is worth 150 points?

When you compare him to Avacyn (who is 100) with her ability to auto-wound each adjacent creature - she seems more powerful than Mimring.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=53125

Could we drop him to 100 points to match then?
Old August 5th, 2016, 10:46 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

I see what you are saying about Avacyn, with almost identical stats. I know how challenging it can be to get multiple figures all into Mimring's fire line for a really deadly attack.

As Squads often have multiple life in AotP, an auto-wound, though powerful, is not instant death for squad creatures like it would be in 'scape. Just as when playing against Mimring I must focus on my figure placement, playing against Avacyn I must also focus on figure placement to avoid losing lots of figures to a power.

Mimring is probably not 150 in AotP, but I don't know that he is as low as 100. However, I am not in any way competent at gauging cost values. 100 might be exactly right.

On the Cryptoliths, I also noticed that the AotP rules book does not categorize them as anything. I'm not as sure that I consider this a blender project, though it certainly could be used in that way. I was viewing this as a set of AotP Custom figures. AotP / MtG players will not have a predisposition to the Destructible Objects term. I'm not sure if there is a MtG term that might cover this sort of thing. I doubt that there is.
Old August 5th, 2016, 10:55 AM

I put an updated sample image for Mimring out on the Planeswalkers site. Does it work to move images into Google Docs to display them on Heroscapers.com? I think I need to be a site supporter to post images directly here otherwise.

For me, I can only see the image here if I'm logged in at Planeswalkers at the same time.

Old August 7th, 2016, 08:26 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Hah! @Targanth

Your picture didn’t show up for me when you first posted it so I decided to break out GIMP after several years and try my hand at making a card. I had it nearly finished when I noticed you had already made one. I didn’t bother finishing mine but I’m going to go ahead and post it since I put in the work. Besides I do like the dragon on this card.

Great work on your card by the way. It looks like we found the same card templates.

EDIT: Or not. I can't get mine to show up now.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 7th, 2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Hah! @Targanth

Your picture didn’t show up for me when you first posted it so I decided to break out GIMP after several years and try my hand at making a card. I had it nearly finished when I noticed you had already made one. I didn’t bother finishing mine but I’m going to go ahead and post it since I put in the work. Besides I do like the dragon on this card.

Great work on your card by the way. It looks like we found the same card templates.
Spoiler Alert!

EDIT: Or not. I can't get mine to show up now.
I can see both cards now .. they look great! keglo that dragon pic looks awesome!
Old August 7th, 2016, 08:56 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
I can see both cards now .. they look great! keglo that dragon pic looks awesome!
Thank you!

Also I think that I found Agent Carr

[IMG][/IMG]

And just in case anyone wants to use the dragon.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; August 8th, 2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old August 7th, 2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post

Also I think that I found Agent Carr

YES!! You just picked the next figure we can work on : P
Old August 7th, 2016, 10:02 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Agent Carr would be a good one to do next. So I think this what I want to start testing with for Mimring:

Quote:
Mimring
Red Hero Creature - Dragon

Life 5
Move 6
Range 1
Power 6
Toughness 3

FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces. If you do, you must attack each figure on those spaces who are in Mimring's line of sight with -2P this turn.

FLYING

Huge 9
Cost 120

FAQ - Cryptoliths and other objects are attacked as figures in AotP.
Please playtest Mimring and let us know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender