Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 24th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AT-43

Try these sites. Look around. Explore. I think if you poke around these three places a lot of your questions will be answered.

Miniature Market's AT-43 Product Page

Rackham's Official AT-43 site

AT-43 Forum-Try the strategy sub forum

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:03 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've actually been to all of those. MiniMarket is where I bought the stuff I have atm.

I'm in need of UNA figures. Can anyone help me out? I was just sniped on eBay....

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:44 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay, I need some help: What do the Oni units do and are they good to get? What about the Cogs? What do they do?

Oh, and Rackham announced that the next releases will be made during the last half of the year. Yet another delay....

Old May 30th, 2010, 12:03 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

You're asking very broad questions. It's like saying what do the UNA do, well they do lots of different things and Oni/Cogs are the same so I'll speak in generalities.

Cogs are huge, litterally, they are about twice the height of a regular UNA solider. I always explain Cogs to people who play Heroscape as they are the Q9 of AT-43. They have tons of firepower and almost all of their weapons get rerolls. But they are expensive (4 type I soliders will run you 225 points and that's with no special weapons and a range of 4) so a few bad rolls and you're down a ton.

The central strengths of the cogs are the rerolls and their heroes, which can be played like common heroes in Heroscape, you can have multiples of the same hero on the board at the same time. They just can't be in the same squad. It's easier to protect your company commander when you have 2-3 guys with the same command number.

The Heroes all have nice abilities, especially the G-Nocrats who each have a double medic that will keep your infantry alive practically forever, and the T-Regulators that allow your units to fire during a rush movement. T-Reg. 095 also has the deflector shield ability which allows you to determine where hits taken by AFVs are placed. Its crucial because Cog AFVs aren't that strong.

When you're looking at the heroes, generally the guy that looks the weakest is the guy in charge with all the command points. And the guy with all the weapons, especially the rocket launchers, is the grunt Srgt. that's just there to fight.

I have two sets of each Hero class and 3 of C-Naps.

Another central advantage of Cogs is that they are all encased in a forcefield so they benefit from cover no matter where they are, a must because they are too big to hide.

The disadvantages of the Cogs are of course, what I mentioned before, each unit you lose is costly and you can't afford a bad roll. Another disadvantage is that, on the whole they really lack area of effect weapons. So many times you rack up a ton of hits, through all of your rerolls but then the cover saves come in, you haven't killed much because there are no AOE weapons. The worst I can remember was when I threw 18 dice, counting rerolls, into a squad of Karmans under cover and came away with only one kill. It's tough.

Your opponent will be taking more turns than you because he will have more squads then you. And you'll be hard pressed to win initiative because you don't have as many units to barter with.

The other disadvantage to the Cogs is their vehicles aren't really that great aside from their type III, the Vandal which is just amazing. It's 750 points but well worth it, that thing is death on two legs and a skirt.

But the Cogs have no type II vehicles and their type one vehicles are expensive (250 points) and go down easily with armor 12 and two points on the frame. So yes, a well-placed UNA rocket launcher can drop a Cog strider in one shot. And has when I play.

So that's a quick brush up on the Cogs and I say quick because there is a lot more. These are my guys, I have over 10,000 points in Cogs I think.

Well, let's see, I have:

Heroes:
C-Naps x3
G-Nocrat, T-Regulator, A-Volution all x2

Infantry
Warmongers (type I) 14 total
Warmonger jammer team x1

Sharpshooters (type 2) 12 total
Sharpshooter sniper team x1

Hunters (type 3) x1
Gunmen (type 3) x1

AFVs
Vandal x3
Prowler x4

As far as the Oni are concerned, I don't know a ton about them. I have their army box but that's it.

Immediate strengths to me appear that their AFVs are very strong, both in firepower and in armor and the bodies of their AFVs can take a ton of punishment. I think the Type III has six hit points on the frame.

Their infantry (the zombie infantry) also require opponents to spend on LP just to shoot at them.

Disadvantages are that they aren't too many pieces available for them yet and they seem to be swarmed by vehicles rather easily as their infantry are not as well suited to fight AFVs as the UNA and all of their AFVs have only one weapon.

They're also pretty expensive pointwise but not as bad as the Cogs.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old May 30th, 2010, 12:59 PM

Thanks for the help! I might go for the Oni, but I'm not sure....

Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:10 PM

Ok, I bought the Oni army box yesterday from MiniMarket. And a Defender Cobra. And 2x Jam TacArms. And I won a lot on eBay last night - Frostbite set, 2x Wing Troopers, Death Dealers, and a MedTec box. That'll keep me busy for a while (I hope).

Last edited by 'Scaper94; June 13th, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:20 PM

I took some WIP pics of my custom terrain. Hope you like it!

This is (part of) my ruined city modular map. Obviously not done yet, but so far so good!
Spoiler Alert!

This is my main battlefield for now. I'm basically using the Warhammer grass mat with pieces of terrain I've bought online.
Spoiler Alert!

Old June 13th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Those look awesome--can't wait to see those buildings finished!

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:14 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Very nice job.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:57 PM

Alright, I got my AT-43 profile to work on the game's forum! My username is AT-94.

Old June 15th, 2010, 01:41 PM

Mine is Tiamat is Creepy.

Because, well, she is.

Old June 15th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Mine is Tiamat is Creepy.

Because, well, she is.
She is. I'll look out for you on there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures