Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old November 26th, 2006, 12:13 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I got a sweet gift certificate from my mom for my birthday. I pre-ordered last night and it's only costing me about $25. That's right, I'm getting AT-43 for less than the cost of 2 Heroscape flagbearers.

joah, just in case you missed it, the production figs were posted over on the Cool Figures from other Games thread. They look much closer to the original concept art. That's right, they look awesome. I know a previously designated nay-sayer who can go blow it out his ass for being a wet blanket!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old November 26th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sweet, Doc. Know we've got two games we need to play.
Old November 26th, 2006, 08:36 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
I got a sweet gift certificate from my mom for my birthday. I pre-ordered last night and it's only costing me about $25. That's right, I'm getting AT-43 for less than the cost of 2 Heroscape flagbearers.

joah, just in case you missed it, the production figs were posted over on the Cool Figures from other Games thread. They look much closer to the original concept art. That's right, they look awesome. I know a previously designated nay-sayer who can go blow it out his *** for being a wet blanket!

Doc that's awesome!
No, I know how good they look. I played a demo of the game last week.
I took a few crappy pictures, and was getting ready to post a report last week but got sidelined.
I was going to bring some HS figures to do a side by side comparison but was running late, and forgot.
They're really close, but a little off. Just a hair though.
I had a long talk with Rackham U.S.A's (based here, in Madison) main guy too.
It's a cool, quick, simple game. That is VERY terrain intensive.
Meaning, if you don't have much terrain, or cover, you won't be playing too long.

I played, and won, with the White Stars.

The guy I was playing was not as familiar with the rules, as he should have been. He was a longtime Confrontation player, who was eliminated from the Co.Fro. tourney that was going on.
He jumped over and went through a game with me.

I went after his big gun first, and took him out pretty quick.

These guys were next.
The game has got a pretty cool way of building in complexity.
Starts out with the most simple of engagement rules, and will build and build with future expansions.
I took this picture because I loved the terrain piece that was covering the board. It would look great with HS.
Like I said, pretty cool game. But,(you knew there was a but) I won't be able to afford this game I think.
Unless, I choose a faction, and just stick with that one faction.
As I mentiond, I spoke to the Rackham guy, and they are gonna be pushing this game HARD.
There are like ten sets planned in '07 BEFORE GC. When they'll probably introduce the 4th(of eight planned) factions.
I don't know, as I type this I'm re-thinking the initiation set pre-sale.

Old November 26th, 2006, 11:46 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Wow that could indeed get costly. However, I never envisioned it as a "must have everything" as I do Heroscape. I'll pick and choose.

Old December 21st, 2006, 10:07 AM
ATF Agent

It came! :banana:

OMG! FFG and DoW talk about "big box games". This game has the biggest freakin' box I've ever seen! It's fracking huge! I haven't had time to look over the rules, but man these minis are suh-weet!

Old December 21st, 2006, 11:21 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Right on Ninth. I added this to my purchase list for 2007 along with Battlefield Evolutions. The two are going to make it to my game table methinks. I am interested in hearing rules and game system reviews from you guys on this...
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:43 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Party at Ninthdoc's!

I am sitting patiently and waiting for my invitation...
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:54 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Party at Ninthdoc's!

I am sitting patiently and waiting for my invitation...
Same here......

Newb.
Old December 21st, 2006, 02:40 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
It came! :banana:

OMG! FFG and DoW talk about "big box games". This game has the biggest freakin' box I've ever seen! It's fracking huge! I haven't had time to look over the rules, but man these minis are suh-weet!

Ugh, posts like this are making it harder for me to pass on this game. I've already preordered a good bit for Battlefield Evolution, but AT-43 is here and now, so...

Anyway 'doc, bang out a few games and let us know how it plays.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old December 21st, 2006, 08:03 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
It's a VERY big box. 85% of which appears to contain fresh air. Without compromising the figure packaging at all, I reckon they could have made the box just one-third the size that it actually is. Crazy French people.

I'm more interested in Battlefield Evolution, by Mongoose (largely becuase it has modern troops, INCLUDING Brits). Though I'm not convinced that I'll be playing any 28mm skirmish game other than HS for quite a long while.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old December 21st, 2006, 08:44 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I wish it was on a board or grid or something like that. I saw a tape measure in one of the pics and got a little turned off. HS has spoiled me.
Old December 21st, 2006, 09:18 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
I wish it was on a board or grid or something like that. I saw a tape measure in one of the pics and got a little turned off. HS has spoiled me.
I'm pretty sure it comes with a couple flat, fold-out maps to play on too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures