Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Did You Vote This Election Day?
I am Registered, and I Voted! 35 50.00%
I am Registered, and I did NOT Vote. 4 5.71%
I am NOT Registered, and I did NOT Vote. 13 18.57%
I am too Young to Vote. 13 18.57%
I Don't Live in the U.S., so I can't Vote there. 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 9th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augray
Bin Laden did use Clinton's quick withdrawal from Somalia as an example of the weakness of the US.
Bin Laden also used Reagan's lack of response to the Beruit barracks bombing as a template for future terrorist attacks, and an example of how the US was a "paper tiger." The Iran hostage crisis under Carter was another weak response to a terrorist threat.

Another interesting point of reference: The outgoing Clinton security team told the incoming Bush administration that Al Qaeda would be their number one priority and was the number one threat to the US. The administration ignored them, gutted the program tracking Al Qaeda, and brought in Condoleeza Rice, who was in expert in the Cold War, as national security advisor.

While perhaps it could be argued that Clinton did not do enough, he did more than any other president before or after him until the WTC/Pentagon plane hijackings in 2001.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General