Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old December 15th, 2012, 08:08 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Greygnarl's Batreps: Updated With New Tourney Report

Chicagoland April Monster Mash Report

Chicagoland December Tiny Tourney Report
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by greygnarl; April 23rd, 2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Added Monster Mash
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:53 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Greygnarl's Batreps

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Game 1:
Opponent: vegietarian18
Army: Zelrig, 3x M-43 Resistance Fighters
Map: Raknid (modified)

The game started out with me not realizing Zelrig could hit my start zone. He fried half of my Nagrubs with his special turn 1. As he also grabbed the best height it was a hard fight from then on. The Krav shot at Zelrig and I think they managed a wound. some exchanges of fire and eventually TKN killed Zelrig. The M-43 Fighters came forward and after a bit of fighting and a few deaths, managed to take down a 3 life TKN in one shot. After that it was a cleanup operation. LOSS.
Vegie had an advantage over you here, since we were talking just before the tourney about how I usually make maps so that Zelrig can hit the front row, because I think he should be very scary to massed commons. With your small army, you would have been able to avoid the Z-Bomb altogether if I'd mentioned that tidbit to you, too.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Nice work, congrats. Always nice to see another stompy afficionado out there.

If I was going to play TKN at that event, I would probably have played TKN + grubsx3 + Marro Warriors + Marcu. Fills the hex max exactly, and gives me the third squad of grubs, which I find to be very useful. I personally don't like playing the Krav without Raelin, although I recognize that it can work very well.

Another army I would have strongly considered in that format is Raelin+Marcus+MBS+Romansx3. Again, using the full 16 spaces, a great build against opposing melee, and pretty solid against most ranged armies (that 4thx4 would be trouble though).

PKx5 + Guilty is another good one, along the lines of what I did at Gencon lightweight. They're a good way to dominate those damn ranged builds. Laugh at the 4th as you take them down.

Stingersx5+Raelin is the obvious supercheese, but I've never brought stingers to a tournament. Ratsx3+Raelin+Q9... OK, I have brought that to a tournament.

Last edited by dok; January 9th, 2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Some would argue that I don't like playing ANYTHING without Raelin...
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:02 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wanted to bring 3 squads of grubs but only had 2. I also considered bringing Eldgrim and Raelin but decided a tough ranged squad was a better option. One of my Marro Warriors was broken though, and I don't own Marcu so that was out of the question.

Before that I was going to bring Mittens, 3x Venocs, and 2x Armocs but decided that it was too weak. I wanted to avoid cheese but at the same time bring a tough army.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; March 1st, 2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I wanted 3 to bring 3 squads of grubs but only had 2. I also considered bringing Eldgrim and Raelin but decided a tough ranged squad was a better option. One of my Marro Warriors was broken though, and I don't own Marcu so that was out of the question.

Before that I was going to bring Mittens, 3x Venocs, and 2x Armocs but decided that it was too weak. I wanted to avoid cheese but at the same time bring a tough army.
More Vipers and less Armocs would have been best.
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:45 PM

But it was only 16 hexes, and Frenzy isn't better than 3 def.

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
But it was only 16 hexes, and Frenzy isn't better than 3 def.
Oh, okay. Didn't know the limits. Anyway, I was saying that if you were going to use Vipers, that was what you needed. More Venoc Vipers.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:17 PM

That' why I decided against the Viper Army. With hexes limited, the Vipers just wouldn't get it done.

Old January 12th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Nice work, congrats. Always nice to see another stompy afficionado out there.

If I was going to play TKN at that event, I would probably have played TKN + grubsx3 + Marro Warriors + Marcu. Fills the hex max exactly, and gives me the third squad of grubs, which I find to be very useful. I personally don't like playing the Krav without Raelin, although I recognize that it can work very well.

Another army I would have strongly considered in that format is Raelin+Marcus+MBS+Romansx3. Again, using the full 16 spaces, a great build against opposing melee, and pretty solid against most ranged armies (that 4thx4 would be trouble though).

PKx5 + Guilty is another good one, along the lines of what I did at Gencon lightweight. They're a good way to dominate those damn ranged builds. Laugh at the 4th as you take them down.

Stingersx5+Raelin is the obvious supercheese, but I've never brought stingers to a tournament. Ratsx3+Raelin+Q9... OK, I have brought that to a tournament.
I wouldn't have played TKN at this tournament. I think that you need at least 440 points for an effective TKN army.

That Roman build was my GenCon army (minus a squad of Romans and Marcu), and I probably would have played it had I been going for the tournament victory. It's very strong overall actually. I only ever "lost" one game with it (Game 5 of GenCon), although I did go 3-2 because of a loss on time that could have gone either way. The one loss came due to me horribly misplaying MBS, and then freaking out and overplaying Raelin to try to save him, and then losing both of them. But otherwise, it won every GenCon game and all twentyish practice games that I played it in.

PKs x5 is what my sister played, but with Marcu instead of Guilty. That's probably the strongest build for this format. Proof: My sister didn't know half of the rules of the game or any of her opponent's figure's powers, and she went 6-3.

I didn't think of that Stingers build, but I had the same thing on my army list with Redcoats but never tried it out. You could take any army from GenCon Lightweight and plop Raelin on it for this tournament and have a pretty good build.

As for Vipers, they were my backup army too. My build was Venocs x4, Venoc Warlord, Zetacron, and Kira Jax. I found it incredibly inconsistent though. Maybe I'm just bad at playing Vipers.
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:45 AM

When playing Vipers you can win some games by skill but against most good players you probably need Frenzy to come through.

Regarding the PKs, as you can see one of my losses was to PKs with Cyprien, though Cyprien did all the heavy lifting. PKs are strong though. Against your sister I feel like if a better player had been playing the army it would've been much closer.

Last edited by greygnarl; March 1st, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:23 PM

I'll preface this by saying this tourney was way more fun than the last one. I was way more comfortable, and was just wandering around talking to everybody because I finished 5 games while they were all still on 2 or 3. None of my tournament games were really noteworthy, fun sure, but I don't really feel like typing up a report. I did play an awesome game of Raelin Must Die with Shedim Kabal though.

I took Gladiatrons x2, Fen Hydra x2, Sahuagin Raider and he took Eltahale, Cyprien, Sonya, Deathreavers x2 on Icky Thump.

It started out with us both sending our screening units out. Second round he brought out Cyprien and I moved out a Lawnmower. I had an OM on the Glads which I was going to try to use to get a Cyberclaw on Cyprien, but I was a space out of range of getting to him. My Hydra also ended up a space away from being in range to Reach, and it suffered a wound. Cyprien then landed next to my Raelin but over the course of 3 turns only got 2 wounds while the Hydra butchered him.

I then sent a Hydra across the board, but Eltahale killed it taking 2 wounds in the process. I got rid of her pretty quickly with my other but sustained 3 wounds. At this point a bunch of people were watching the game, and everyone was cheering for Shedim. I got him down to one rat and Sonya, with a Hydra able to hit Raelin. He put his OMs on Sonya and the Hydra killed her first turn. It also put 3 wounds on Raelin. I decided to bring my Sahuagin Raider across the board for the kill. It made it's way across the board, but Raelin got 2 attacks in on an init switch killing it and an OM. She then flew across the board to go after my Raelin, with my Hydra chasing her from behind. Everyone was going crazy at this point. Somehow his Raelin picked up a fourth wound, and she got in a couple attacks before the Lawnmower got in range and missed from height. As we were setting up OMs, Unseen Shadowz goes, "What about Lava Field damage?" and I roll a skull killing my Hydra. The Gladiatrons managed to bring Raelin in down next turn though.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:43 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'll preface this by saying this tourney was way more fun than the last one. I was way more comfortable, and was just wandering around talking to everybody because I finished 5 games while they were all still on 2 or 3.
I totally agree with you here, I've enjoyed each subsequent tourney more than the last, (Even though I did worse) because I was much more comfortable, and not shaking like a leaf. I'd wanted to meet Mac122 for years, and was literally too scared to even go talk to him. I won't make that mistake again.

Of course it didn't help that my first tourney had 2 of the most nerve-wracking games I've ever played.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports