Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old May 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Jotun -225
Krug - 120
Arrow Gruts x 2 - 80
Indiana...I mean James Murphy - 75

Watch your opponent's eyes when you line up Krug and Jotun together on the board. You might want to bring some Klennex with you. Arrow gruts for obvious bonding reasons and range. Whipped boy for those people who like to cluster together.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 12th, 2007, 06:24 PM
LtBardolph

A slight variation on the Roman Archer swarm:

225 Jotun
080 Raelin
110 Roman Archers x2
080 Deathreavers x2

495 TOTAL

Deathreavers grab glyphs and tie up the enemy. Roman Archers pick off whatever they can, using reavers and Raelin for cover. Jotun cleans up.
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:43 AM

GIR has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtBardolph
A slight variation on the Roman Archer swarm:

225 Jotun
080 Raelin
110 Roman Archers x2
080 Deathreavers x2

495 TOTAL

Deathreavers grab glyphs and tie up the enemy. Roman Archers pick off whatever they can, using reavers and Raelin for cover. Jotun cleans up.
I like this army a lot but its not a swarm. Raelin really would help but with not a lot of archers it may be hard to use the Special Attack.

My Army: Jotun 225
Saylind 80
Kelda 80
Izumi 60
MW 50
total: 495

Send in Jotun and whenever he gets too wounded, use Saylind to bring hem back and Kelda to heal him. Then send him out again. Late in the game keep Jotun out of range and send in the Marros to do a lot of damage on the hopefully by now rangelesss army. Keep the Izumi with the Kkkyries as body gards.

I like waffles!
Old June 28th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
scorpiusx

WARNING:

Beware of this button:

There are unconfirmed reports that actually using this key appropriately when typing could lead to letters being properly capitalized.

Some side effects to be wary of include: Making your readers believe you can write intelligently and making old crusty frackers like me stop hassling you.

Back to the thread...

I love me some Jotun. There's nothing quite like throwing your opponent around on the Heroscape board.

Jotun 225
Raelin 80
Deathreavers (x3) 120
James Murphy 75
Build Total = 500

Jotun is there because: He is Jotun, a Huge Height 10 of Heroscape badness.

Raelin boosts his defense to make him all the more indomitable. Defense 4 might be nice for some attacks, but you never know when you may need two more defense dice to help you shrug off some pesky attacks from puny people.

Deathreavers rush out into the fray to tie units up, grab glyphs and cause their usual mayhem.

James Murphy is there because when it comes to 75 points, there's simply no better way to spend them. The Shotgun Blast Special Attack is one of my all time favorites. Johnny Shotgun and James Murphy are gods among men in this game.
Ah... Classic.... But, how would he have over 1000 posts after being with us less than 6 months, if he were to capitilize his words?

Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:28 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
Joton-225
Krav Maga Agents-100
Deathreavers2-80
Raelin-80

Total-485

Just spitballing with this one.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:23 AM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Interesting armies! I'll have to give them a try.

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old August 24th, 2007, 08:44 AM

Spaghetti the dragon has disabled reputation
My jotun army is as follows
Jotun 225
Syvarris 100
Aubrien Archers 70
Theracus 40
Deadeyedan 60

all equals 495

Check the stratige:
jotun ties up the enemy army, with his eight attack bashing heroes brains in, and with wild swing hitting homeruns with the puny squads.

Theracus carries deadeye dan to the tallest point on the board. he picks off squads with ullar enhanced rifle like its target practice.

when the opponent finally takes down the monster that is jotun, all they can do is charge a squad of aubrien archers and syvarris, whos arrows blot out the sun, leaving no hope for the enemy force.
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Spaghetti the dragon!

On behalf of our Kirby loving and rapidly posting community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, who likes the idea of playing with Jotun and rats vs. the Marvel heroes

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Tor-Kul-Na
Jotun
Marro Warriors

Probably not the most competitive army, but it'd sure be fun to try. Marro take the glyphs. TKN and Jotun run out and do their thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 24th, 2007, 01:11 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Tor-Kul-Na
Jotun
Marro Warriors

Probably not the most competitive army, but it'd sure be fun to try. Marro take the glyphs. TKN and Jotun run out and do their thing.
You just put the name Marro WARRIOR, to shame. They aren't glyph grabbers. The Deathreavers are a glyph grabbing sqaud, and a cheaper one. Just add Isumi for filler.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old August 24th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Solves Everything
Quote:
Tor-Kul-Na
Jotun
Marro Warriors

You just put the name Marro WARRIOR, to shame. They aren't glyph grabbers. The Deathreavers are a glyph grabbing sqaud, and a cheaper one. Just add Isumi for filler.
Normally, I would agree with you. But standing next to those giants...

Also, there's only 55 points left, so Izumi are out. I tried to think of the best way to spend 50 points that I could, preferably with a ranged squad, and the Marro Warriors came up first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:43 AM

Ryback Woo who?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Solves Everything
Quote:
Tor-Kul-Na
Jotun
Marro Warriors

Normally, I would agree with you. But standing next to those giants...

Also, there's only 55 points left, so Izumi are out. I tried to think of the best way to spend 50 points that I could, preferably with a ranged squad, and the Marro Warriors came up first.
I think he meant rats and Isamu, not the Izumi.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion