Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 2nd, 2019, 08:25 PM

whooplm70 Woo who?
Question math to make heroscape compatible w/ mtg AOTP

Question

I Have been trying to figure out a way to make MTG Plainswalker Board game and heroscape characters compatible and i believe that if one takes the points that a Heroscape character is worth and multiplies it by 2 than it would be compatible with the MTG AOTP game.

For example
if i wanted to add an artifact army to AOTP than i could use heroscape deathwalker's or others by multiplying thier point values by 2.
So a deathwalker 9000 would become 140X2= 280, which is not as high as the strongest plaineswalker which usually has a value of around 365 which then allows for another 80 points to be used to obtain another creature which could allow for deathreavers since 40x2=80.
280+80 = 360 vs 330-360 (depending on plainswalker)

this could make for an interesting battle. (note: this is not taking into consideration spell cards at this time)

The other advantage of this formula that makes this interesting is that in theory if you wanted to use the characters from MTG during a heroscape point value system one would just have to divide thier points by two and they become comparable to the heroscape characters. Meaning a plainswalker of 365 becomes 182 if playing on a heroscape point system and the battles should be fair and one could also dabble with the idea of incorporating spells into a modified heroscape game through a plainswalker with some modifications of course.

I have only tried this theory using this formula for points with both the Hulk, wolverine and a couple of dragons and so far it seems fair since it really takes about 3 plainswalkers to really defeat hulk since the 2 largest plainswalker add up to 715 and hulk becomes a 370x2=740. Which in the comic book realm it seems pretty realistic to me since the hulk is ridiculous and seems to usually take more than one lesser level characters to defeat him. (But again this doesn't include spells which would even the score to some degree.)

i would enjoy to hear your thoughts.
thanks

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion