Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 7th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Event Registration, The Heroscapers Events Section, and You!

Hey all, I'm trying to trouble shoot this problem with the error messages and one of the things I think might be to blame is the event registration mod. Luckily it's no longer needed. Its time we started making the standard method for registering for a tourney the Events Section.

Like the rest of the sections on Heroscapers it is a seperate user database and so event planners and registrants will have to sign up for the events section. It is wise to give your event a space on the calendar in the events section and a sister thread in the forums for discussion and further advertising purposes.

I appreciate your cooperation in this matter. I think your event will be easier to find by the public and easier for them to get a better idea of the size of the tourney. The sister thread will help in ease to find by forum members. just make sure you link them to your event in the events section for the purpose of registration.
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Feedback on the new Events section is welcome here. Was it easy to use? Does it look good? Be specific about what you did and didn't like.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The new Event section looks great!!!

Glad to see events already posted.

Did anyone notice the little hexes in the background???

Recent Games Played:
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
After I muddled through it it wasnt too bad. It would have been easier for me to know what to expect (I had to register, then log in, and it finally let me sign up). I kept trying to enter my login for these message boards thinking that was what they wanted. But I am old and computer illiterate so that is no suprise.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Site Admin

My theory is that if one person is willing to admit it was difficult, there are up to 10x as many who found it slightly confusing but didn't say anything. I am going to see what I can do to make the login more intuitive and obvious that it is not the same login as here.

funrun's HS Repaints
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
After I muddled through it it wasn't too bad. It would have been easier for me to know what to expect (I had to register, then log in, and it finally let me sign up). I kept trying to enter my login for these message boards thinking that was what they wanted. But I am old and computer illiterate so that is no surprise.
No I'm the one to blame. If I could write code we'd have one database for users as you would expect. But I can't so instead all of the sections are separate existences and so all have separate user databases. I really wish a trusted member with coding knowledge would step forward and proffer time to make site improvements that I can not. But alas, that has yet to happen.
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
OK I tried to link directly to the event but it does not work that way. What am I doing wrong and how can we make it so that at a glance members can quickly look at an event?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Site Admin

Okay I just finished giving the layout an overhaul that hopefully makes it more uasable. I also added categories for different types of events (contests, tournaments, game days, etc.) At this time though I can't add a piece about needing to create a new login account there. I think that is important, but I need to wait to get to my computer to access the source files (I'm at work now.)

Feedback on the changes is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
OK I tried to link directly to the event but it does not work that way. What am I doing wrong and how can we make it so that at a glance members can quickly look at an event?
The events themselves pop up in a separate window without the Events nav bar, so if you linked directly to the event the user would not be able to navigate back to the calendar. However if you don't care about this, if you right click anywhere in the event details pop up window, one of those Properties, More Info, Copy Link, or Send Link type of options will give you the full URL for that pop up page. Copy that URL and paste it in your thread.

funrun's HS Repaints
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I went backed and checked out the new layout. Even better!

This time I actually registered and put an event in. It seemed to go pretty easy (can't comment on the old system).

I also did a RSVP test. I RSVP'd for the event I created (GenCon SoCal) and for the Toronto Scapefest.

When I click on GCSC I see myself as an "Attending Member".

Point of interest: If you want to view what you've RSVP'd for Click "My RSVPs" (on left - simple - I know). It will tell you what you've RSVP'd for and allow you to un-RSVP from an event.

I had a heck of a time trying to unregister for the Toronto Scapefest (sorry guys won't be able to make it).

Recent Games Played:
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
OK maybe I'm just being daft, but does anybody else think that this thing is confusing and somewhat clunky? I mean I go to the event page and I just want to look at March to see what is going on and it is a confusing mess trying to get there. How are my attendees supposed to find my event if it is such a hassle getting there?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Beautiful Colby

I had it as a calendar set up you could advance through. Funrun seems to have changed that. Hopefully she has an idea in store for navigating through calendar months.

The search bar is quite predominate. I clicked on it and typed in Texas and your event popped up.

However, funrun, typing in Ohio didn't cause your event to show up. A lesson to all include your state in your gameday description for seach purposes, not just your city.
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Beautiful Colby

Okay, I set it to show 6 months out. This should include any tourney currently in the works.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events