Old August 16th, 2006, 02:57 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot_1kill
I wouldn't mind some adult intellect either... LOL
Damn, there goes my invite.

j/k i'd love to do something like this. kids or no kids i'll be there. i live in chandler and i'd show up at GD or AC.

only 1 suggestion: we bring pre-made armies at whatever point value the group decides that way noone feels compelled to bring their entire army to have to draft from.

/looks in mirror

ok, ok, so I don't have to pack everything in the car
Yeah I agree the less stuff to bring the better.
Old August 16th, 2006, 05:27 PM

MrgrimAZ Woo who?
Ok so kids then jk. I'm looking at Gamedepot but while looking them up I found this place thier open untill 2am on some nights anybody know about them:

http://www.gamersinnaz.com

Also I like 700pt armies but that mite be a bit high if alot of folks show up.
Old August 16th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrgrimAZ
Ok so kids then jk. I'm looking at Gamedepot but while looking them up I found this place thier open untill 2am on some nights anybody know about them:

http://www.gamersinnaz.com

Also I like 700pt armies but that mite be a bit high if alot of folks show up.
The website said they're open nonstop starting noon on Thursday through Saturday. Wow...

Regarding army sizes, I agree with folks bringing pre-drafted armies. Makes things move a lot faster!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:02 PM

MrgrimAZ Woo who?
Yes I agree Pre-built Armies but what size is good? Also I called the Gamers in AZ place they seem like a good place lots of room open tables (first come first served thou) and 2:00 or all night oh ya .I will stop by there after work today and cheack the place out then let you all know. It looks like 4-6 players so far?

I have:
4x MS
4x RTTFF
2x VW
1X TT
Hopefully 2x Castles soon

I can bring my stuff since I'm organizing but my only thing will be getting out of work at a descent hour to get over and setup so any other volunteers would be appreciated (at least go grab some tables)
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Yes I agree Pre-built Armies but what size is good? Also I called the Gamers in AZ place they seem like a good place lots of room open tables (first come first served thou) and 2:00 or all night oh ya .I will stop by there after work today and cheack the place out then let you all know. It looks like 4-6 players so far?

I have:
4x MS
4x RTTFF
2x VW
1X TT

I can bring my stuff since I'm organizing but my only thing will be getting out of work at a descent hour to get over and setup so any other volunteers would be appreciated (at least go grab some tables)
Yeah, check the place out and report back when you get a chance. The fact that they're open crazy hours is good.

Also, do you work on weekends? If we set this up as a Saturday event, I'm sure more people would be able to come.

Army sizes... in Cali, we used 400 point armies. However, that is a bit limiting, especially when it sounds like you're more accustomed to using larger armies. We could meet in the middle and do something like 550 point armies? Smaller armies do mean quicker games, as well. Meaning more games in smaller amounts of time for those who may not be able to stay for the entire time the event is going.

Old August 16th, 2006, 06:22 PM

MrgrimAZ Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:

I have:
4x MS
4x RTTFF
2x VW
1X TT

Yeah, check the place out and report back when you get a chance. The fact that they're open crazy hours is good.

Also, do you work on weekends? If we set this up as a Saturday event, I'm sure more people would be able to come.

Army sizes... in Cali, we used 400 point armies. However, that is a bit limiting, especially when it sounds like you're more accustomed to using larger armies. We could meet in the middle and do something like 550 point armies? Smaller armies do mean quicker games, as well. Meaning more games in smaller amounts of time for those who may not be able to stay for the entire time the event is going.
My wife Works on the weekend hince the kid question but with there hours I should be able to find a spot I will Post some times after I know more and we can see what will have the best draw. Also 550 Sounds good for this size.
Old August 16th, 2006, 07:26 PM

Vangaurd has disabled reputation
I am in to whatever you guys decide.

Hey!,

I want in on the Heroscape game time. Let me know what you guys decide and time and I will come and bring a can of Whoop @%^ with me. Just to share with you all! I really would like to meet some of you in person and find out what skillz you got. LOL!

Vangaurd

What happens if you are scared half to death twice?
Old August 16th, 2006, 11:41 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
550 sounds like a good amount of points. I've got:

5 1/2 MS
2 RTFF
2 TT
1 VW

for terrain.
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Resident Artist

Re: I am in to whatever you guys decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangaurd
Hey!,

I want in on the Heroscape game time. Let me know what you guys decide and time and I will come and bring a can of Whoop @%^ with me. Just to share with you all! I really would like to meet some of you in person and find out what skillz you got. LOL!
Once MrGrim is able to determine a date and time, we'll post a thread specifically for the event to help keep details manageable. I'll be sure to post the link to that thread here in case any other AZ 'Scapers miss it.

Old August 17th, 2006, 10:39 AM

Vangaurd has disabled reputation
AZ Heroscape

Great! That would be greatly appreciated.

Vangaurd

What happens if you are scared half to death twice?
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:35 PM

MrgrimAZ Woo who?
Hey all,

Ok I went to visit Gamers Inn (aka gameresinaz). They seem like the best place they have about 15 tables for games for use the two in the back are extra big they suggested we grab those. The weekends are a bad time the guy there said its bad (full) from Friday – Sunday. So a table would be hard to get. Thursday is my vote they are open from noon until all night they said so lots of play time. So I will summarize what we have so far then let’s pick a date and move this to the event forum.

Location Gamers Inn Located at the Target center on Gilbert rd and Southern I will put directions in event thread.

Ok let’s pick a day:

I can’t get there till after 5 but they open at noon so if anyone wants to get their sooner go for it I will play as long as there people there.

Thursday September 10th
Thursday September 17th
Thursday September 24th

My vote is the 17th

Folks Intrested:
myself
hextr1p
0rbital
Roweiser
1shot_1kill
Cavalier (maybe)
hex706f726368
Vangaurd

No Kids

Pre-Built armies 550pts.

Good chance we can get to Tables so one big map and maybe some side matches to.

If I’m missing anything let me know.
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Resident Artist

Thanks for the info!

On Thursdays, I might not be able to get there until 6:30'pm. Then maybe stay 'til 10:30'ish...? But again, this is just me. If folks can show up earlier, cool.

I'll check the dates with my calendar (aka, wife) and let you know which works best for me ASAP.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers