Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 19th, 2010, 01:10 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Sabretooth

The Book of Sabretooth

C3G MARVEL WAVE 8
THE MUTANT MENACE

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Infinity Challenge set.
Its model number and name are #055-057 / Sabretooth.
Its model number and name are #167 / Victor Creed.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Universe set.
Its model number and name are #005, 079-081 / Sabretooth.

Character Bio - Sabretooth is a mutant who possesses bestial superhuman abilities, most notably a rapid healing factor, razor-sharp fangs and claws, and superhuman senses. He is a vicious assassin responsible for numerous deaths both as a paid mercenary and for his personal pleasure. While both Wolverine and Sabretooth were victims of the supersoldier program Weapon X, Sabretooth saw Wolverine as competition and tried to make his life miserable. Creed eventually adopts a tradition of tracking Logan down on his birthday with the intention of fighting him. Sabretooth has always managed to find him, no matter where Logan was or what he was doing, and come within an inch of killing him. Sabretooth's only reason for this is to remind Wolverine that he could.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Which occurs first, rolling for Lava Field Damage at the end of the round, or Healing Factor X at the end of the round?
  • A: Lava Field Damage is treated like a special power from another player. Roll the 20-sided die for Healing Factor X and Lava Field Damage (and any other players' powers that occur at the end of the round) to see which comes first.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • As a figure with the Healing Factor X special power, other figures with the same special power can benefit from Sabretooth revealing the 'X' Order Marker. Current figures with Healing Factor X special power.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A.
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:14 PM. Reason: png
Old September 19th, 2010, 01:10 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sabretooth - Design Phase

NAME = SABRETOOTH
SECRET IDENTITY = VICTOR CREED

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTCAST
PERSONALITY = VICIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 290

FERAL INSTINCT
If Sabretooth destroys an opponent's figure with a normal or special attack, he may move up to 1 space and attack again with a normal attack. For each subsequent normal attack with Feral Instinct, roll 1 fewer attack die.

DEVASTATING POUNCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 6.
Choose a non-adjacent figure within 4 clear sight spaces whose base is not higher or lower than 6 levels from the base of Sabretooth. Before attacking, place Sabretooth adjacent to the chosen figure. If the chosen figure is destroyed by this special attack, immediately place Sabretooth on a space that was occupied by the chosen figure. If the figure is not destroyed, Sabretooth receives one wound. When Sabretooth is moved by this special attack, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

HEALING FACTOR X
After taking a turn with Sabretooth, remove one Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power.

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by A3n; May 18th, 2015 at 02:55 AM.
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Do you want an attack number cap on Bloodlust like there are with other figures (Black Canary, Catwoman, Two-Face)?

Do we need to specify about leaving engagement attacks when moving using Bloodlust?

We should probably specify that if he fails to destroy the defending figure with Devastating Pounce, the space he is placed on is adjacent to the defending figure.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:34 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Do you want an attack number cap on Bloodlust like there are with other figures (Black Canary, Catwoman, Two-Face)?
He is an uncontrollable feral killing machine that revels in death... I'd love to say no... Honestly though I'd be okay with Sabretooth being the best squad killer.

Quote:
Do we need to specify about leaving engagement attacks when moving using Bloodlust?
I figured if there was no mention of otherwise the default rules would apply.

Quote:
We should probably specify that if he fails to destroy the defending figure with Devastating Pounce, the space he is placed on is adjacent to the defending figure.
Whatcha talking about... that was there...
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

So if my opponent was REALLY foolish, I could Pounce four spaces, destroy a figure, move two spaces for Bloodlust, Pounce four more spaces away, destroy a figure, move two more spaces for Bloodlust, Pounce four more spaces away, etc . . .

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

No cap - destroying isn't that easy and even with squads you should be able to spread them out well enough to prevent this from being too crazy, since his move is limited to 2 spaces.
Leaving engagements should be addressed, yeah, since there's a static move in the power. I think he should take them, thematically speaking.

Quote:
So if my opponent was REALLY foolish, I could Pounce four spaces, destroy a figure, move two spaces for Bloodlust, Pounce four more spaces away, destroy a figure, move two more spaces for Bloodlust, Pounce four more spaces away, etc . . .
Good points - let's make Bloodlust only work when he destroys someone with his normal attack. Then you only pounce when you really want to target someone for a hurt on.

Some quick rewording:

Range 4. Attack 6.
After moving and instead of attacking normally, Sabretooth may use Devastating Pounce Special Attack. To pounce, choose a non-adjacent figure whose base is not higher or lower than 6 levels from the base of Sabretooth. If the figure is destroyed, immediately place Sabretooth on the space the figure occupied. If the figure is not destroyed, put one Wound Marker on this Army Card and place Sabretooth on a space adjacent to the defending figure.

By the way - completely digging this design! I love him as an Outcast too.
I think if you drop the "X" from the Healing Factor, that'd likely put him right at 280, which would make him an awesome mirror for Wolverine ... (just saying).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:04 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Here is the issue as I see it: Sabretooth's Healing ability, iconically is not as strong as Wolverine's. That being said, they ARE more similar than a simple Heal. Compared to everyone else, Sabretooth's Healing is crazy good. He can regrow limbs. One could argue it is better than Deadpool's because they both have the same limits, but he has no scars whereas Deadpool has scars. So I say go with Healing Factor X and see if we can't tweak him somewhere else to get him and Wolvie even. If he even needs to be weakened, which initial playtesting should help with.

EDIT: BTW, Great design Whitey! Way to take original ideas, old C3G ideas, and classic 'Scape ideas and marry them into a great write-up!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:06 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think there's a game balance concern here to be considered as well, though. Wolverine and Deadpool are both sooo good. I'm worried about creating too many figures that can benefit from that end of the round X-Marker reveal ...

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Healing Factor X on any C3G unit just overpowers the already near-overpowered Deadpool and Wolverine. I am personally against the X and I also don't believe that his healing factor is as powerful as Wolverine or Deadpool.

Quote:
Range 4. Attack 6.
After moving and instead of attacking normally, Sabretooth may use Devastating Pounce Special Attack. To pounce, choose a non-adjacent figure whose base is not higher or lower than 6 levels from the base of Sabretooth. If the figure is destroyed, immediately place Sabretooth on the space the figure occupied. If the figure is not destroyed, put one Wound Marker on this Army Card and place Sabretooth on an adjacent space to the defending figure.
What if there is not a space adjacent to the chosen figure in which Sabretooth can be placed? This power works for the wolves, because they can be destroyed, but obviously not here. I think that the adjacent destination has to be chosen first, and I am not sure even then, why he would ever choose to NOT USE this SA unless he is surrounded by squads, and even still, he is going to rape the dog mess out of Kryptonians :fail:. I think that he should be destroyed just like the wolves, that way he won't risk this attack unless he really feels that it is worth the risk.
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:27 PM

I could go with the Destroyed only mechanic ... and it would likely be what it takes to lower his cost some ... but I'd want to see the attack raised to like 8, otherwise I'd rarely give it a go.

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I could go with the Destroyed only mechanic ... and it would likely be what it takes to lower his cost some ... but I'd want to see the attack raised to like 8, otherwise I'd rarely give it a go.
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM
C3G Hero

No adjacent spaces next to a figure would just mean that it couldn't be used, just like a gun with no targets in range can't be fired. Perhaps it should just be that he lands adjacent to his target before attacking and then moves onto the space if he destroys the figure... I'm not keen on the auto-destruct... Sabretooth should be just as hard to put down as Wolverine...

As for the healing X, how many potential characters have been a part of the Weapon X program and would have it? Looking at the list of Weapon X program members we have X-23 (made from Wolverine's genetic material), Wolverine, Sabretooth, Silver Fox (she has an artificial healing factor), Marrow (has lost her abilities since M-Day), The Native (never heard of her) and Deadpool. Not too many on the list really.

I'll give this guy some thought over the next few days while I'm out of town...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library