Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old July 14th, 2010, 12:07 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Anti-Major Q9 association

Q9. As everyone here at heroscapers knows, Q9 is easily one of the best units in the game. All of us are farmiliar with the good, but annoying and repetitive army of Q9, Raelin, Rats.
Possibly the most redundant and overused army build ever, as many Heroscapers enjoy this army, there are, if possible more people who regret the overpowered Major being summoned by Vydar.
That is the purpose of this thread. To think of armies that while not specifically designed to be competitive, but rather be the bane of the Major who has held his seat of power too long. And now, my fellow heroscapers, I must ask you, who is with me? Who wishes to end the Major's overpowered reign of terror?

Army specifications:
510 points
24 start hexes
No duplicate uniques
All figures legal

Submitted armies:

Kaemon awa 123
Zetacron 60
Finn 140
Taelord 320
Repulsors x4 480
Eldgrim 510

Minion's x3 330
Taelord 510

Eldgrim-30
Atlaga-120
Saylind-200
IGx3-500
Isamu-510

Yamissflash
Krug 120
Arrow Gruts x2 200
Heavy Gruts x2 340
Grimnak 460
Swog Rider x2 510

Last edited by Kaemon Awa 123; July 27th, 2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:15 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Anti-Major Q9 association

This thread is kind of un-important. He isn't really that good... just swarm with high defense squads like minions or sentinels, or use instant kill powers like DED and Atlaga.

Last edited by Fedex worker; July 15th, 2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:10 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
This thread is kind of um-important. He isn't really that good... just swarm with high defense squads like minions or sentinels, or use instant kill powers like DED and Atlaga.
Thankfully, you're not the judge on what's un, or im-portant! Q9 can take down many squads before they can put him away...which is part of his awesomeness.
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:26 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
This thread is kind of um-important. He isn't really that good... just swarm with high defense squads like minions or sentinels, or use instant kill powers like DED and Atlaga.
Thankfully, you're not the judge on what's un, or im-portant! Q9 can take down many squads before they can put him away...which is part of his awesomeness.
Why do people love to make themselves the judges of things. I mean, it's not like I'm the judge of who's judge.
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:19 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, the first army in this thread will be...

Zetacron 60
Finn 140
Taelord 320
Repulsors x4 480
Eldgrim 510

As obvious, the primary Q9 killer is Zetacron. Here are the steps:
1. Use Finn to wipe out rats and place him on Zetacron.
2. Move out repulsors. These are a double edged sword: Targeting beacon and shorting out his rodent minions.
3. Place Taelord into a strategical position for his aura.
4.ZETACRON!!! Even if Q9 has raelin in range, with 6 attack dice and deadly shot means you can consistently roll 6-8 skulls, often insta-killing Q9...

Now what's your idea?
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

There is at least one thread about counters to Q-9 already. If there were a true Anti-Major Q-9 Association, whose members vowed never to use him in an army, there are countless members of the Community who, whether or not they would actually go so far as to join, act as though they were members. Of course, the Anti-Major Q-9 Association is a subsidiary of the Anti-Soulborg Association, which is itself a subsidiary of the Anti-Robot Association, which is, in turn a subsidiary of the Valhalla Society.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:27 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
There is at least one thread about counters to Q-9 already. If there were a true Anti-Major Q-9 Association, whose members vowed never to use him in an army, there are countless members of the Community who, whether or not they would actually go so far as to join, act as though they were members. Of course, the Anti-Major Q-9 Association is a subsidiary of the Anti-Soulborg Association, which is itself a subsidiary of the Anti-Robot Association, which is, in turn a subsidiary of the Valhalla Society.
Yeah the Valhalla society is a great one. Get rid of all those nasty gun toting baddies.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:33 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I don't think Q9 gets enough respect, let alone too much.

For the record, never in my entire Heroscape life have I faced an army that had Q9, Raelin and Deathreavers in it. Never.

I've faced Q9/Raelin, and I've faced Q9/Rats. I've even faced Q9/Kelda/Rats, but never Q9/Raelin/Rats. It isn't as popular as people think.

Having said that, I think Q9 is an excellent unit. Queglix Gun is the best attack of any unit in the game to date, he has better survivability than most heroes in the game, and don't forget that he has an 8 range, 4 die normal attack (which is why the Iron Golem doesn't just destroy him).

Having said THAT, he doesn't like to see Stingers, Trons, or Krug across from him.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:18 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I've seen the major fall just as esily as he dominates at times. I don't have any issue with the unit.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; July 14th, 2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Q9 gets WAY to much respect around here. Amazing figure, cool sculpt, enjoys high survivability with moderate attack and has a sweet ranged SA. No doubt an all around great hero.

But he suffers from a lack of bonding, low move with a double base and a relatively high price tag. I think this alone keeps him in check and very balanced. That said I would never join such a association as anti-q9 or the (if you ask me) silly Valhalla Society.

But more to the point of this thread I can think of several builds that EASILY rock the ol' Major, but rather than list them out why not just list the figures themselves:

Omni-Reps: The most obvious of them all. They are anti-soulborg to the extreme and even just a few squads of em can handily drop Q9
Iron Golem: Another obvious choice, Q-gun is essentially useless against them and you can have more than one for good measure, that big 6 attack can cleave through that heavy armor in no time.
MoUSix base defense with flying and deadly strike... OUCH.
Axe Grinders + ANY dwarf hero A 4/4 squad with a Hero 1)with deadly strike AND one shield defense. 2)with an attack of 4(+2) 3) that gives a chance to do an auto wound.
Fire elemental (even better with Kurrok)Attacks of four AND chances for auto wounds!
Any dragon with some green scales
Quasatch Hunters fast move and big attacks against SB's
Krav Maga I like the Kravs in pretty much any range v range match up.
Glada + Blasta duh!
Stingers (even better with the Hive

I'm just gonna stop myself right now... the point is there is plenty out there that can at least give the major a run for his money - if not totally dominate him (the first three figures in the list fall SQUARELY in that category).

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:41 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?

nyys is right. Just last week my Nilfhiem shot him down in one ice shard on Waters of Life and my stingers took him down in two shots the game before.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

TKN works well, too. Stomp, stomp, smash!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles