Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 1st, 2018, 09:25 AM

pokemonHeroscapePaintball Woo who?
Cool Shifting Realms letting down..

So what the heck I see a cool looking game made by craig vanness and it does not look near as ambitious as I would have hoped! I can't lie they done let me down, I would prefer board game style but it would have to be as immersive as heroscape, mabey more, seige towers, walls and incorporate the resource concept from shifting realms as well. With a digital version I could play with far away friends and family and maybe get more people into it, map creator etc so I was really hoping it was going to be a video game version or an extremely immersive tabletop that has moved with the times.

Don't hate me lol but I would love to hear what ya'll think!

best thing to do is just alter heroscape for different game experiences, working on a diplomacy territory game style right now, I just feel realms is like trying to sell me a horse and buggy, I like horses, nice, eco friendly but sadly new tech means tabletop games should be EVOLVING like units could have been more than a plastic token even a plastic looking mini orks or something , I guess some effort was lacking, but the concept is cool.

Last edited by pokemonHeroscapePaintball; September 1st, 2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old September 1st, 2018, 03:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Shifting Realms letting down..

This is pretty rude. Shifting Realms isn't Heroscape. CVN is a designer who designs many types of games. He never said this would be anything like Heroscape. From what I can tell, it's getting good reviews. Maybe one of his other upcoming games will be more your cup of tea.
Old September 1st, 2018, 03:44 PM

pokemonHeroscapePaintball Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
This is pretty rude. Shifting Realms isn't Heroscape. CVN is a designer who designs many types of games. He never said this would be anything like Heroscape. From what I can tell, it's getting good reviews. Maybe one of his other upcoming games will be more your cup of tea.
Sorry if that comes off as rude, I just want to express that I feel they are capable of more because of their prior works. even if the play style is entirely different, "hard to say without coming off distasteful" but the pieces themselves are lacking, cardboard game board and those cheap markers. I wouldn't be as harsh if we didn't know what they were capable of.
Old September 1st, 2018, 03:57 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's important to keep in mind the difference between creating and publishing a game as an independent studio and doing the same thing under a much larger company. Fully modeled, detailed, and painted miniatures and terrain tiles is a pretty significant startup expense, and even with funding from Hasbro production costs were an issue for Heroscape if I remember correctly. To try and replicate something of the same scale on Kickstarter would be untenable. Soaring Rhino's Kickstarter goal would have had to skyrocket to accommodate something like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the costs doubled or more--almost certainly something the project would not be able to handle.

Not having as detailed game pieces is not a personal failing of the designer, it's a decision made about how much a small independent studio can spend on their first game. Perhaps if Shifting Realms is a retail success, Soaring Rhino will have the capital to invest in more ambitious projects in the future. The quality of the game pieces themselves has everything to do with available funds, and very little to do with the designers.
Old September 1st, 2018, 04:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This isn’t Heroscape discussion. I’ve moved it to the correct forum for you.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 25th, 2018, 11:11 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonHeroscapePaintball View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Sorry if that comes off as rude, I just want to express that I feel they are capable of more because of their prior works. even if the play style is entirely different, "hard to say without coming off distasteful" but the pieces themselves are lacking, cardboard game board and those cheap markers. I wouldn't be as harsh if we didn't know what they were capable of.
pokemonHeroscapePaintball,
Shifting Realms, at its core, is a euro game. The contents for euro games are usually wood and cardboard.

I have designed many games. When Jeff and I started Soaring Rhino, we wanted to start with a euro game. Are we working on other types of games? Yes, and hopefully some games you will like!
Old September 25th, 2018, 01:01 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I can personally recommend Pirate Tricks. And I haven't gotten to actually try Mammoth yet, but it looks awesome.

Also, I can admit that I put some weight on the look and feel of a game, but if the components aren't interfering with gameplay there's really nothing to complain about.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 14th, 2020, 12:00 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I can personally recommend Pirate Tricks. And I haven't gotten to actually try Mammoth yet, but it looks awesome.

Also, I can admit that I put some weight on the look and feel of a game, but if the components aren't interfering with gameplay there's really nothing to complain about.
I played Mammoth with Jeff Van Ness at a convention. If you like Carcassone you'll like Mammoth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games