Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Is wave 6 worth buying? (please explain your reasoning)
yes, all of it. 65 80.25%
yes, some of it(1-3 packs) 13 16.05%
no, none of it. 3 3.70%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 4th, 2006, 07:52 AM

theats has disabled reputation
WAVE 6, worth it?

Is it worth buying?

Theophilus.
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:52 AM

yes, all of it.
its friken kool.

Theophilus.
Old December 4th, 2006, 08:00 AM

molson is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Absolutley.
Now - to buy or to wait until after Christmas...?

Beer Coolers and Curling rocks - a match made in Heaven!
Old December 4th, 2006, 08:07 AM

Pattar007 has disabled reputation
I need to get some of the earlier sets. Still need to see the zombies.

Old December 4th, 2006, 08:10 AM

I don't care about Great stats. so-so stats are fine, as long as the SCULPTS ARE WIKED SWEET!! im hoping for good zombie stats though.

Theophilus.
Old December 4th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
Im very dissapointed with eldgrim though. I really had high hopes that he would be a dwarf. Cool sculpt, but still the whole viking 30 point 2a 2d 3l isnt really doing much for me. Great wave though.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old December 4th, 2006, 09:12 AM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
Only if you're an Einar or Samurai fan - and I'm neither. The Samurai archers and hero are a great addition to those themes. Also, it's nice to see another Kyrie squad.

Personally, I'm disappointed with Hasbro bringing undead into a "kids" game that already had a creative alternative called the Marro. As if that wasn't bad enough, they brought in the idea of possession by the Shades, and that really rubs me the wrong way. I had already backed off from buying lots of HS stuff, but I think this set may have put the nails in the coffin.

Of the ones I was excited about: Eldgrim was disappointing, solely because he isn't a Dwarf. The Heavy Gruts don't really add much functionality to the Orc hordes. Kee-Mo-Shi (sp?) tries to do too much and only has repeat abilities - though she's a desireable addition for Marro lovers.
Old December 4th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
some of it. Ill buy it all anyway, but the complete lack of originality makes this the first HS release that does very little to impress me. As an Einar fanboy, im somewhat satisfied, past that - meh.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:18 AM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker
Of course I'll buy all of it...I'm hooked.

My biggest disappointments are actually quite minor.

I was hoping the shades would be for Ullar or Vydar...I'm still hoping the Zombies will be for Vydar.

Once I got over the fact that Eldgrim wasn't a Dwarf, I decided I really liked him! Now I suppose we need another Viking squad or 2...or 12.

My only other real struggle besides (besides the abundance of stealth flying, which I also got over) was the idea of a common Samurai squad. But the Samurai really need ranged units...so I don't mind so much.

Well, that's all been covered in other posts in other threads, so you can just skip over this as your reading...

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:20 AM

Rorschach has disabled reputation
I think the Samurai archers are a bit dissappointing and some of the figures lack some creativity, but the addition of stealth flying is neat. And those Einar Kyrie look like some bad @$$ Some Beaches, probably the best thing in the set, hold the zombies.

I think it doesn't even matter if they're worth buying though especially since we all know we're going to buy them all anyway.
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I think they will be a great addition to any collection, all of them. I never saw the Eldgrim stats coming, that was a complete suprise to me but it is great to have some more low costing units for fillers.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:39 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Geez, I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm most excited about the Samurai Archers and Samurai Hero. You can now deploy a viable all Samurai army. You have killer melee, a good hero, a good FB, and good ranged that aren't afraid of melee fighters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion