Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Notices

Old May 24th, 2022, 01:37 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Getting Started with C3G?

Hey,
So I never intend to switch from Valhallascape to C3G primarily, but if I wanted to get 10-20 cheap units to occasionally play C3G games with friends, which ones should I start with? Ideally I'd be hoping for units that are
- Widely recognizable (since casual players will be more excited to use them)
- Highly affordable

Thanks for the help! There are like 1000 C3G units so I'm pretty overwhelmed atm

Last edited by Lord Pyre; December 12th, 2022 at 11:39 AM.
Old May 24th, 2022, 02:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Getting Started with C3V?

No ever intends to switch to C3G, it just happens.

You may want to change the title from C3V to C3G.

I think you have two options. Buy a 'lot' of miscellaneous figures from ebay or such or go some where like Troll and Toad, go to HeroClix (All figures) and sort low to high and just buy the figures you know and maybe a few more for proxies. Do you have a budget in mind?
If you have a local comic book or hobby store that sells used HeroClix that is a great place to look.

We have moved into more of faction style play so I would consider getting teams.
Fantastic 4 are the gold standard. Original X-Men is popular.
There are so many I will let other cover some of that.

We have a few options for 1000 point figures so keeping an eye open for a cheap Godzilla or King Kong is a good idea.
Old May 24th, 2022, 02:08 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So here is like 60 figures for $11 from T&T.

Here is link to HeroClix singles low to high on T&T.

Getting figures like Batman and Robin are good because there are multiple versions of those characters so one figure can represent many cards.
Old May 24th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Heroclix figures tend to be super cheap. Lots of good figures under $2. Lots and lots around $1.

Quite a few of us play on Tabletop Simulator and would be happy to show you the ropes on there too
Old May 24th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Captain America probably have the most different versions, so one figure could line up with a lot of different army combinations. Hulk and Thor have decent flexibility in that regard as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 24th, 2022, 02:36 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I'm only a fan of C3G - I only commented back when the first X-Men release - but I'd say it is easy to pick up heroes and start playing. Normally if there has been a movie in the last 10 years the minis are good price since the make LOTS of batmen and spiderman since that's what casual people recognize.

Since there are versions of heroes you aren't stuck in synergy webs. I wouldn't get stuck on exactly having the right mini - batman is batman after all.

Finally it can get addictive. Flushing out green lantern corps and all the rainbow lanterns can become an obsession, same with picking up some rare ultra villains. Take it at your own pace and enjoy the ride.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 24th, 2022, 02:36 PM

Aquaman 3
Atom 3
Batgirl 3
Batman 11
Brainiac 5
Captain America 5
Clayface 3
Cyclops 3
Deathstroke 3
Doctor Doom 3
Doctor Fate 3
Doctor Strange 3
Flash 7
Green Arrow 3
Harley Quinn 3
Hawkeye 4
Iron Man 10
Joker 4
Lex Luthor 3
Magneto 3
Martian Manhunter 3
Mirror Master 3
Nightcrawler 3
Nightwing 3
Robin 6
Scarlet Witch 3
Shadowcat 3
Spider-something: too numerous to count
Superboy 5-6 if you count Prime
Superman 6
Thor 3
Venom 5-ish
Wondergirl 3
Wonder Woman 4
Zatanna 3

Surely missed some and many of these are technically different people but the figures work fine. Also did not mention the Lanterns.
Old May 24th, 2022, 02:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some of that's misleading as, for instance, only three of the Captain America cards are Steve Rogers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 24th, 2022, 03:09 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Honestly if you just want a couple figures to add to your pool, I might just start at our first Master Set.

5th Precinct Beat Cops (65 points) DC
Batman (Bruce Wayne) (200 points) DC
Black Canary (Dinah Lance) (190 points) DC
Catwoman (Selina Kyle) (145 points) DC
Count Vertigo (Werner Vertigo) (160 points) DC
Darkseid (Uxas) (380 points) DC
Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) (150 points) DC
Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol) (225 points) DC
Joker (???) (190 points) DC
Solomon Grundy (Cyrus Gold) (290 points) DC
Street Thugs (75 points) DC
Superman (Kal-El) (400 points) DC
Two-Face (Harvey Dent) (130 points) DC

Then the first few releases have a lot of solid iconic characters. Green Lantern, Spider-Man, Thor, etc... You can check out the release order here.
Old May 24th, 2022, 04:05 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Troll n Toad is my go to for mini shopping. Super cheap for a lot of figures and all the big names will have cheap and available minis (especially if you aren't worried about the mini matching the card's).

C3G is at a point that you could grab figures with the intent of either playing like classic Marvelscape, or how C3G is now with faction builds. A lot of the older figures are more akin to classic Marvelscape (and still perfectly useable nowadays too), the newer stuff has a lot of figures that are tied a bit more to specific teams.

If you're after 10-20 figures to start off, for a more classic Marvelscape I'd recommend any of those listed below. These are just off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are plenty of others that others would suggest. Honestly at this point any characters featured in movies, video games, tv shows etc, will have 1 design at least, and a lot will have multiple designs that will feature generalist stuff to specific faction stuff.

Quote:
Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Wolverine, Magneto, Daredevil, Punisher, Venom, Deadpool, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Doctor Doom, Rocket Raccoon, Juggernaut, Doctor Octopus, Captain Marvel, Shang-Chi, Blade.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Yellow Lantern (Sinestro), Joker, Harley Quinn, Huntress, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Robin, Hawkgirl, Lex Luthor, Darkseid, Bane, Deadshot.

Hellboy, Judge Dredd, Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken, Zangief.
If you want to get figures for how C3G is now, I'd recommend this thread: C3G Faction Strategy Guides.

This thread holds links to a bunch of different factions, guides on using them, and what figures to use in them. For some starting factions, I'd look at teams in 1000 point range (listed at the bottom of each guide) since that seems to be the standard, but I'd personally recommend the following for a mixture of a variety of options, cheap available figures, and are more friendly to newcomers:

Quote:
Avengers, Bat-Family, Defenders/Heroes for Hire, Fantastic 4, X-Men, any of the Lanterns (particularly Green and Yellow).
A lot of what's in my first list, will also appear in one of these factions too!
Old May 24th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

CoolStuffInc has good prices on HeroClix, too, and 99 cent shipping on singles. Last time I shopped Troll and Toad, they didn't have a cheap shipping option - maybe I didn't order enough?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 24th, 2022, 04:38 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
CoolStuffInc has good prices on HeroClix, too, and 99 cent shipping on singles. Last time I shopped Troll and Toad, they didn't have a cheap shipping option - maybe I didn't order enough?

T&T has a way bigger selection, but like $4-5 shipping. Coolstuff is cheaper shipping but I have a harder time finding stuff I want. So it's a trade off and I use 'em both.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape