Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 28th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Member of the week

Man, I stink at this. Helmsy must be right, then, since you haven't commented on his.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2012, 11:00 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

Hmmm, well you need to give Dund the respect. He's not all bad. On a map with lots of hiding places, you simply hide him early on. Because it's Dund, people seem to forget about him. When you reach the end of the game, he works great when someone only has one figure left. He also has 4 life with 5 defense, so he does not fall fast. This seems to only work in multiplayer games. In tournament, play he does suck really bad.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Presenting the newest C3G Member, Skeeter700!

Q: What was the first Heroscape set you purchased? Before opening the box, did you have any initial impressions of the game? Upon examining the game, what surprised you the most?
A: Back in mid-2000s, I had been raving about a game called ‘Cluedo: Super Sleuth’, which is just like Clue only you can set up the rooms of the mansion in various ways. The idea of setting up a game board a different way each time you played it really appealed to me. So, realizing this, my wife bought me a copy of a new game called Heroscape as a gift. Of course it was an amazing looking game and the gameboard possibilities for it were so much greater than Cluedo. I also just loved the idea of all these different characters being pulled together for a great battle (shades of The Beyonder). However, Heroscape just wasn’t an easy, quick game that appealed to the people I played with so it rarely saw any use. We went back to playing games like Daytona 500, Carcassone, Poker, and Apples To Apples. In fact, within a year, Heroscape was in a tub in my basement, where it sat unplayed for about 5 years... (see the next question for the continuation of this story)

Q: How did you discover C3G? Did C3G change anything about the Heroscape experience for you?
A: So, now it is Fall of 2010 and my kids are old enough to want to get involved in games. My son had also just gotten into superheroes through Batman: The Animated Series & Justice League reruns, so I thought I’d get him some sort of superhero game for Christmas that year. I googled “hero games” hoping to find ‘Batman Candyland’ or something like that, but the search results led me to the C3G forum. At the time Molly Hayes was being worked on or just released. It was through that first browse through C3G that I found out about The Marvel Heroscape set, which I ordered and gave to my son for Christmas. Following that, I dug up my old Heroscape tub from the basement to add to the terrain. Of course being a DCer, he wanted to know why there was no Batman, Flash, or Green Lantern. Now I live in a small town in Canada; No shop within a 2 hour drive sold Heroclix and I knew nothing about them. It took a while to figure out where and how to order them online. Once that was done, I started printing off C3G cards to go with them. I have to say as someone who got into C3G with a limited knowledge of Heroscape it took me a long time to figure out what I was doing. I ended up creating a binder that listed all the official and C3G rules in an easy to reference form. To this day, I still feel humbled by the depth of knowledge the members of this group hold.
By the way, my non-superhero Heroscape figures are still sitting (unplayed) in a tub in my basement.

Q: Is there a single thread on Heroscapers.com that you follow more than others?
A: Yes, C3G. I visit C3G at least once each day. Only eBay rivals the online time I spend reading this forum. Too often online forums can be snarky, unfriendly places. However, the C3G community is just the opposite. I’ve always felt a friendly vibe here (even when the odd disagreement occurs) and anyone I’ve messaged has been extremely helpful and kind. As C3G is the only Heroscape I play, it is rare for me to go to the other threads on the site.

Q: Do you have any house rules that you've used in playing Heroscape? How much Classic Heroscape have you played?
A: As my kids were the ones who got me into this game, and they were quite young then (and still now really), we started off with a very simple-version of the game. Essentially, we played the Basic Game with C3G cards. Of course that unbalanced things, but it was still fun. Over time we’ve added more and more of the official rules, but always very slowly. Now, we play with all the special powers and most of the official rules. The one big exception is I that when I play with my kids they are a team against me and I give them each a turn before I take mine. That helps keep it competitive.

Q: Do you have a personal talent or skill that took you a long time to develop?
A: Confidence in front of people. Talking before a crowd used to scare the (whatever noun you’d like to pick) out of me. However, after a lot of practice I don’t mind it any more... usually.

Q: If you could travel through time and space and witness one specific event, with the provision that you could observe safe and undetected, what would it be?
A: There are lots of really dramatic moments in history or great mysteries it would be fun to be in on. If I was able to interact with the participants my choice would be hanging out at the White House the night Elvis came to visit Nixon. But, as I am to watch undetected, my choice is being there when Napoleon, after leaving Elba, met up with an army sent to arrest him and then convinced them to flip sides and help him become Emperor again. That must have been a humdinger of a speech. This is the closest re-enactment I’ve found to what I imagine happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdvvO6C5uRU (I think this kid’s video project is brilliant, especially his on-the-nose soundtrack!)

Q: If you could have a superpower in real life, what would it be?
A: The ability to stop time (freeze everything but myself). I could stop time to sleep-in whenever I wanted. I could stop time so I wouldn’t be late ever again. I could stop time to squeeze in more new design play testing. Basically time is my personal enemy and I have a vendetta against it so I’d happily accept the power to stop it for even just 1 hour per week.

Here it is: THE STUPID QUESTION! I'll ask a really stupid question, and you can answer it as seriously or as silly as you wish. Be very afraid! If you'd also like to prepare a C3G 3 Truths and a Lie, feel free to add it!

The Stupid Question: Vacation Planners get paid to arrange a spectacular getaway for their clients. You're a Disaster Planner, where everything goes wrong. Here's my $1,000. Plan my disaster!
A: Wow, that’s a question and a half. How about a ride on a Costa Concordia cruise shipto the island of Mypos? (Points to any of the older members that get the terrible 80s TV show reference in that one). I know that trip sounds horrible to me. Of course, Toejamiki Tomdicari Viciversi (grunt grunt) Gari!

C3G 3 Truths and a Lie (optional)
1.I’ve milked both an American Bison and a Water Buffalo.
2. I once spent an afternoon with Boss Hogg (from The Dukes Of Hazzard) at a poorly attended car show.
3. I’m the four time champion of our town’s annual hobby horse barrel race contest.
4. The Wonder Twins are the C3G design I most want to see developed.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

CharosInCharge hasn't been on in a while, but I'll be sure to post his interview if and when he returns.

I hope I haven't missed anybody, but I think that's it. This has been a lot of fun for me.

Last edited by davidlhsl; February 3rd, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Please tell me #4 is the lie!

And is the show you're referencing "The Love Boat"? It's before my time, but seems like it's the right theme and time period ...

Also, this:

Quote:
Q: Is there a single thread on Heroscapers.com that you follow more than others?
A: Yes, C3G. I visit C3G at least once each day. Only eBay rivals the online time I spend reading this forum. Too often online forums can be snarky, unfriendly places. However, the C3G community is just the opposite. I’ve always felt a friendly vibe here (even when the odd disagreement occurs) and anyone I’ve messaged has been extremely helpful and kind. As C3G is the only Heroscape I play, it is rare for me to go to the other threads on the site.
Made me feel warm and fuzzy.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great interview Skeeter. I'm going to say number 3 is the lie. In the world of competitive hobby horse barrel racing, I think it would be very hard to repeat 4 years running.

C3G team building links.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't which is the lie but those 4 things make me want to be Skeeter's friend forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

#4 is the lie, the man just loves to throw out references of his youth.

Hey, was Mypos the country where that lousy Balky character came from? What was that show? Ugh it was real bad, the comedian who played Balky was annoying in everything he ever did (barely passable in Beverly Hills Cop) and I couldn't believe that anyone actually watched that show... I'm going to have to google it and see if I'm right about his home country.

EDIT: Perfect Strangers ... I win the prize.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:39 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post

Hey, was Mypos the country where that lousy Balky character came from? What was that show? Ugh it was real bad, the comedian who played Balky was annoying in everything he ever did (barely passable in Beverly Hills Cop) and I couldn't believe that anyone actually watched that show... I'm going to have to google it and see if I'm right about his home country.

I had to Google Mypos and missed it. My guess was Fantasy Island. I thought that was a pretty cool show until it got weird (I'm fuzzy on exactly what that means, but the impression remains).

I can't say I watched Perfect Strangers.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 08:01 PM
C3G Campaign Manager

Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You win...

Score one for TV so bad you can't forget it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post

I thought if just one Myposian was that annoying a vacation to their home would have to be a nightmare holiday. Plus, the Italian Cruise Ship Captain reminds me of Balky everytime I see him. "Fell in the lifeboat" - that would be such a typical 80s sitcom plot.

Last edited by Skeeter700; February 3rd, 2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: more to say
Old February 4th, 2012, 02:18 AM
C3G Campaign Manager

Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I don't which is the lie but those 4 things make me want to be Skeeter's friend forever!
That's so nice!

Old February 4th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
But, as I am to watch undetected, my choice is being there when Napoleon, after leaving Elba, met up with an army sent to arrest him and then convinced them to flip sides and help him become Emperor again. That must have been a humdinger of a speech. This is the closest re-enactment I’ve found to what I imagine happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdvvO6C5uRU (I think this kid’s video project is brilliant, especially his on-the-nose soundtrack!)
Great video, Skeeter700! During the part when they are marching towards Paris, there was a section of the road right next to Paris where they could've just crossed the grass or something directly rather than continue that extended winding segment. Ah, but I reckon gas petrol was much cheaper in those days... until Jimmy Carter ruined everything!

Here's my take on what Napoleon might've said to win over his troops: "Who wants free beer?" Burt's Beer: Viva la Puke!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy