Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 8th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Electro - Design Phase

I'm OK with the "+ Special" being used as a modifier to the negative (but then I'm a math guy, who adds negatives all the time).

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old November 8th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the "+" is appropriate. The plus doesn't really mean additional dice in this context, it's more like saying "the attack could be 5, or some other value". I don't think it matters whether that other value is less than or greater than 5.
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I think the "+" is appropriate. The plus doesn't really mean additional dice in this context, it's more like saying "the attack could be 5, or some other value". I don't think it matters whether that other value is less than or greater than 5.
It isn't a big issue for me, and I see you guy's logic behind adding a negative integer, but I think that it could be strongly argued that + = additional dice. Just saying.
Old November 8th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I'm OK with the "+ Special" being used as a modifier to the negative (but then I'm a math guy, who adds negatives all the time).
I'm with this guy.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 8th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
It isn't a big issue for me, and I see you guy's logic behind adding a negative integer, but I think that it could be strongly argued that + = additional dice. Just saying.
I can see where you're coming from, but personally I just see the + as not "plus additional dice" but "plus a special circumstance". That circumstance could be anything.
Old November 8th, 2010, 03:39 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I can see where you're coming from, but personally I just see the + as not "plus additional dice" but "plus a special circumstance". That circumstance could be anything.
This is my line of thought also.

Cheers
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:42 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I see both sides here and am OK with whatever direction the group decides to take. If it comes to a vote, consider me abstaining.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I personally see the + as "and". 5 and Special. 1 and Special.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:06 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Like I said, I am good with the + special approach, as long as we are conscious of it, before I brought it up, I don't think we all were.
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Like I said, I am good with the + special approach, as long as we are conscious of it, before I brought it up, I don't think we all were.
Well you're right about that. I had never thought of it being a +/- modifier. So now we are aware I guess that others might think of it as a +/- modifier, so if someone brings it up, we can be prepared.

Also, I updated the test sheet with more HH tests, and some Squad tests.

Quote:
Electrostatic Bolt Special Attack
Range 5 + Special. Att 5 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose any figures within 2 clear sight spaces of the chosen figure to also be affected by the attack. For each additional figure chosen, roll 1 fewer attack die. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Any affected figure that occupies a water or swamp water space rolls 1 fewer defense die. Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by Electrostatic Bolt Special Attack.
I'm wondering what people think of the line in red. As it is worded currently, Electro doesn't have to see the other "victims/targets" as long as they are within 2 css of the targeted one. The intention of the power for me was for him to choose if he wants to hit one opponent with all his power or spread it out to multiple targets but each target getting less power. But for him to do that intentionally, I think he'd have to see them, otherwise it would seem like an area of effect attack or accident that others that he didn't see got hit just because they were within 2 css of the targeted figure.

Would the wording in red below seem right?

Quote:
Electrostatic Bolt Special Attack
Range 5 + Special. Att 5 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose any figure that is in clear sight of Electro and within 2 clear sight spaces of the chosen figure to also be affected by the attack. For each additional figure chosen, roll 1 fewer attack die. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Any affected figure that occupies a water or swamp water space rolls 1 fewer defense die. Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by Electrostatic Bolt Special Attack.

Old November 8th, 2010, 11:38 PM

I like the first wording best. I like that the lightning can spread and even hit people he can't perfectly see - he is just forcing it in that "direction" in hopes to hit something.
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

It does make him a little more dangerous that way.

Oh, by the way, did you see Taeblewalker's Blue Dragon idea in the C3V suggestion thread? He had a Lightning Breath Special Attack similar to Electro's. It's a little more simpler (not that ESB isn't easy) and in line with classic stuff though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library