Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:16 PM

Heroscaper62 has disabled reputation
The Discontinuation of Heroscape (Discussion Thread)

As all of you know, (but if you don't, look here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1422) Heroscape offically won't be made anymore. WotC has decided to "focus [their] business efforts on [their] core brands." But does this mean that Heroscape is dead? That is up to us. We are the fans; we are the players; we are the Heroscapers. Just because Heroscape won't be made anymore by WotC, doesn't mean that it won't live on. We will continue to play it, we will continue to create customs for it, and we will continue to love it. This thread is created for discussion of the topic: Is Heroscape dead?

(If you want Heroscape to come back, then sign the Heroscape Petition at http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33265.)
(Join the "One-Hex" Mail-In Plan at http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33305. We are all going to send a One-Hex terrain peice to WotC and Hasbro.)

Last edited by Heroscaper62; November 5th, 2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old November 4th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape Is Dead (Or Is It?)

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33277

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2010, 02:18 AM

link10020 has disabled reputation

This is link10020 saying sign me up!

No gruts? no glory!

- 10 to life for chicken abuse!!!

http://heroscapers.com/community/vie...er=asc&start=0
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by link10020 View Post
This is link10020 saying sign me up!
Thanks for your support, but please make sure to post that in the linked thread. Otherwise, it may not be noticed.
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:26 PM

Re: The Discontinuation of Heroscape (Discussion Thread)

Well since no one else is really posting their opinions, I guess I'll start:
I think that WotC did a good job with 'Scape, probably not as good as Hasbro did, considering that WotC only used used figures, but they still did an OK job. I mean they did contribute to some of the series bigger sets. Right now, I don't care who picks it back up, I just hope that someone does.
With all that said, we all knew that this day was going to come. Heroscape has been off the shelves of stores for a couple years now, and that means not nearly as many people are buying it. And then they started using used figures from the D&D series, so you could tell that it was slowly trickling out of the world, and now, it is offically gone.
I hope that somehow Heroscape comes back though.
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:33 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Those of us who were playing at the start six years ago can remember:

*Making customs because certain figures which were crying out to be made were not available yet...

*Making or having made for us custom terrain that was not available...

*Making maps in new and wacky configurations that no one playing locally had ever seen before...

*House ruling tweaks to figures that seemed to need some help to be competitive...

*Inviting new people to play one of the best games that ever came along for their very first time...

Sound familiar? History repeats itself...
Old November 5th, 2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Those of us who were playing at the start six years ago can remember:

*Making customs because certain figures which were crying out to be made were not available yet...

*Making or having made for us custom terrain that was not available...

*Making maps in new and wacky configurations that no one playing locally had ever seen before...

*House ruling tweaks to figures that seemed to need some help to be competitive...

*Inviting new people to play one of the best games that ever came along for their very first time...

Sound familiar? History repeats itself...
I didn't start playing 'Scape until about a year ago, so I don't have all of those memeries that you do, Chas, but I can agree with you when you say history repeats itself
Old November 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

The problem with customs is that not everyone can have that paticular custom unit. Instead they would have to get all the things or action figures needed to make it and have a heroscape base to put it on. Then their would have to be a board of some type to decide wheather or not it was a balenced figure. It's possible, but would not be easy to pull off. Is WOTC refusing to even think about selling Heroscapes rights? Seems like they would want to get some money for it and not leave it on a shelf.
Old November 5th, 2010, 05:32 PM

Crazybob, that is also very true.... But we have to somehow get Heroscapape back up and running.
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:00 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

I'm sure a centralized location will be setup for all the new "official custom cards" to be printed out from.

Some walk through guides on rebasing figures would be a great help also. With the rebasing of figures, I'm sure the base stickers will need to be printed since tearing will most likely happen.

Eventually as bases get used up I could see a need for us to find a replacment. I believe some members have found ones that are a close match in size and color to the Marvelscape ones.

Personally, I'm looking forward to using old Mage Knight pieces and D&D minis since I love the fantasy genre.

I do like comics too but Superheroes don't fit in as well with the castles and landscapes of Heroscape.
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:14 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarovichx View Post
I'm sure a centralized location will be setup for all the new "official custom cards" to be printed out from.

Some walk through guides on rebasing figures would be a great help also. With the rebasing of figures, I'm sure the base stickers will need to be printed since tearing will most likely happen.

Eventually as bases get used up I could see a need for us to find a replacment. I believe some members have found ones that are a close match in size and color to the Marvelscape ones.

Personally, I'm looking forward to using old Mage Knight pieces and D&D minis since I love the fantasy genre.

I do like comics too but Superheroes don't fit in as well with the castles and landscapes of Heroscape.
I agree. I never thought that Marvel in Heroscape fit very well or played against classic scape figures very well.
Old November 6th, 2010, 08:34 PM

NEWS!
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...up-heroscapers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News