Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:49 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
Competitive roman army

I have this 500 point Roman army that has a great track record for me and i rarely lose with it but i'm not sure if it is tourny ready. It has some problems against Q9.

Roman legos x2
Marcus
MBS
NeGokSa
Marro Warriors
Airborne Elite

Any suggestions?
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You might consider subbing 2x4th Mass for the MW and NGS. Not being all valiant hurts, but it nets you yet another serious ranged threat.

~Aldin, mustering out

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
You might consider subbing 2x4th Mass for the MW and NGS. Not being all valiant hurts, but it nets you yet another serious ranged threat.

~Aldin, mustering out
Yeah that army, if you make the swap, is probably the best 500pt. army using Marcus. R˙chean said that a while ago.
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:08 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
I was thinking something along those lines. I really need to get some 4th Mass. I can't find them anywhere where I live.
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man
I was thinking something along those lines. I really need to get some 4th Mass. I can't find them anywhere where I live.
Yeah 4th Mass are uncommon in the Middle Of Nowhere.
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM

sashiel has disabled reputation
Semi-derailment: I've been trying to come up with a good 500 point army utilizing Romans+Marcus+SotM Drake.

I've considered
Marcus - 100
SotM Sgt Drake - 170
Roman Legos x2 - 100
AE - 110
Marcu - 20

But I'm not sure just having AE for range will work very well. Anyone else have a suggestion?
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:07 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Marcus Decimus Gallus - 100 points
Roman Archers x2 - 110 points
Roman Legionares x2 - 100 points
Sacred Band x2 - 100 points
Parmenio x1 - 90 points

Never tried this army as I don't have all of its proponents.
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:58 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Marcus - 100
Romans x2 - 100
Airborne Elite - 110
4th Mass x2 - 140
Me-Burq-Sa - 50

Total = 500

This is my favorite variation of the "soldier" army. I think it has enough punch to take down Q9, some glyph grabbers in the AE and MBS and great synergy. I don't have a special attack to deal with rats unfortunately (except the grenades, and they don't deal with rats too well...), but Paralyzing Stare might help a little...

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 31st, 2008, 02:35 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have been thinking of this one lately.
2xRoman's-100
Marcus-100
Su-bak-na-160
Ne-gok-sa-90
Me-burq-sa-50
The only problem is it lacks range.
Su-bak-na takes out heavy hitters and the rest is pretty easy to figure out.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old January 31st, 2008, 02:58 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?
ive made a similar army and it works like a charm for what i use it for:

2xlegos 100
sgt drake (SotM)170
AE 110
marcus 100

its perfect because marcus adds attack and move to everyone, but there are no marro (not a big fan). ive won mutiple games with this squad.

Old January 31st, 2008, 04:53 PM

SoldierLeadership has disabled reputation
I like to run with this army pretty often. It takes up 22 spaces, so if you play games that has a limit then you may need to reconsider. Order markers are be a breeze with only two cards to control. My screen name is soldierleadership because of armies similar in design.

Marcus
Ne-Gok-Sa
x2 legos
x 3 4th Mass.
Old February 1st, 2008, 09:29 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
The army that I have been playing lately:

Roman Lego x3
Marcus
NegokSa
MeBuqSa
AE.

It's not an easy army to play, but with care, it can do pretty well. One thing is not to put the AE too deep into the battlefield, no matter how much tempting it is. . They must be protected intensively because that is basically the only range unit in the army.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion