Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM

Batmite has disabled reputation
I guess they could. Their powers do all work a little differently as each has her special attack. I was thinking they weren't all that different in the grand scheme of things and lumped them together.

But you are probably right. I'll split them up and give them each a card so they can have their respective special powers.
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Jeez, these are sweet-looking!
I'm fascinated by The Flash card. I need to secure a Flash Heroclix figure and try him out along with Allskulls's Ghost Rider.
I'm currently going ga-ga for DC characters what with the massive, b&w Showcase Presents collections that are available and I'm gobblin' up as much as humanly possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmite
Sadly no one here shares my love of Kirby's Fourth World. So they will wait for another day. Beside I plan to have legions of Parademons and the Female Furies,
You're kidding, right?!? I love the Fourth World stuff! Mostly the Kirby pure comics.
Anything from that world is welcomed by me - especially Mister Miracle and Big Barda.
I've actually been thinking about scanning and posting the Paranoid Pill story from Mister Miracle - classic Kirby!

*Though not Fourth World, I'd love to see a Kamandi card and then play the figure against some Gorillinators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmite
I guess they could. Their powers do all work a little differently as each has her special attack. I was thinking they weren't all that different in the grand scheme of things and lumped them together.

But you are probably right. I'll split them up and give them each a card so they can have their respective special powers.
I agree. Separate cards for the Furies.
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
You're kidding, right?!? I love the Fourth World stuff! Mostly the Kirby pure comics.
Oh I meant "here" as my personal gaming group, not the Heroscapers forums. Actually there is an awesome amount of diverse comic fandom here. I've seen customs cards for everything from the Ninja Turtles to 3-D Man! It's incredible!!

I only regret that it took the official Marvel Heroscape release to get me interested in "Comic Heroscape". I've could have been playing this game with customs ages ago if I had only known you were all such prolific custom designers.
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well, the super customizing has really picked up around here with the release of Marvel Heroscape, so you're joining at just the right time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 06:03 PM

I played a game with DC customs this weekend on my square gridded terrain instead on hexes. It was great and we had no problems switching over to squares.

I LOVED THE CUSTOMS! First game was 10 heroes (MARVEL and DC) against 10 villains (MARVEL and DC). The second game was a draft with all 20 characters involved. Both were pretty balanced games. The only figure who really didn't preform up to his points was Superman who still getting TNT treatment (so hopefully he will get better in the near future). Also the Prof. Zoom I played could use a little love since Flash really outshines him.

Here are some more pics (some have big Heroclix figs who were not in the fight, but I wanted pictures on them in the city).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5587428...7601839900010/

Old September 3rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
First off, those pictures are *awesome* and I'm ultra jealous of that map you get to play on.
Second, I'm surprised to hear Superman struggled so much - I'd think that his stats alone would help earn back his cost for the most part. Any details on what his downfall might have been?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:41 PM

Superman is one of those crazy heroes that has every power imaginable. You just can't make a Superman for HeroScape that has ALL of his powers. So designers have to pick and choose off his menu of powers:

Super Strength
Flight
Super Speed
Invulnerability
X-ray vision
Heat vision
Telescopic vision
Super Breath
Super Stamina
Healing factor

And that's just the powers that I think would matter in a HeroScape battle (like Super Ventriloquism isn't too useful).

So designers of any game with Superman in it (HeroClix, HeroScape, Battleleague or whatever) have to make multiple version of the character to make a Superman "for every occasion". Heroes like Superman work better in HeroClix for this reason, since WizKids makes multiple versions of the major heroes. Since we will never see a Superman in HeroScape, that's kind of a moot point, but we can still make multiple customs.

I would think the TNT Supes is great IF you are playing mixed games of HeroScape with regular HeroScape figures, especialy with squads. But against the big guns of Marvel, he is not very super. 6 defense dice is nothing against a rampaging Hulk or a shot from Darkseid.

Heroscape rewards the attackers and this Superman has too little defense for my taste. This TNT Superman is a finess piece who flits about and does a lot of ranged attacking. I would prefer the Superman I see in the comics who flies into someone and punches the heck outta him. My ideal Supes can take a beating from the likes of Hulk or Doomsday and give the same.

I never play regular HeroScape so may modify the TNT supes abilities a bit for myself. Maybe give him TOUGH and some "move through" attack of some sort. I would do this at the expense of the ranged attacks and superbreath he has now. I like the current stats and think his cost is perfect. Again, thats just the opinion of a guy who has no plans to play regular HeroScape.

It's not that the current TNT Supes is not good. He is. But I think the playtesters are only playtesting in a mixed environment. Once you pull Supes into a "Unique Hero" only game like Marvel Heroscape, he falls pretty fast.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations