Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 24th, 2021, 04:43 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Suggestions for the C3V

Never has a figure screamed Aquilla Kyrie to me more than this one

Pathfinder Snowbound, Deva #15
Old August 24th, 2021, 04:57 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Aquilla Kyrie are required to have bug wings I thought? Someone was working on an SoV one a while back.
Old August 24th, 2021, 05:58 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Aquilla Kyrie are required to have bug wings I thought? Someone was working on an SoV one a while back.
Ah, my bad. I didn't realize there was a precedent.
Old August 24th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
Quote:
There isn't. But it's something I feel strongly about, at least. Heroscape didn't just make Kyrie into generic winged humans. Each general's kyrie have their own distinct look, a different type of "winged human." Utgar's demonic kyrie, Jandar's metallic-winged ones, Ullar's natural white-winged ones, etc. Different breeds, it seems. Aquilla's Moon Tribe can and should follow this cool precedent, and what would be more fitting than insect-like wings?
Old August 24th, 2021, 06:18 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

It is also worth noting that there are lots of exceptions. Raelin and sentinel s have different wings and Kelda is blue, and Therian is completely different. I was lucky to get pixies for my personal moontribe, but me may never be so lucky again.

Also any commonly available wingged humanoid should be considered.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 24th, 2021, 07:59 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

I always imagined that Aquilla Kyrie would have some aesthetic connection similar to a lunar moth. This artist makes some awesome miniatures that I think evoke Aquilla Kyrie vibes:
Old August 25th, 2021, 05:45 AM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
Quote:
There isn't. But it's something I feel strongly about, at least. Heroscape didn't just make Kyrie into generic winged humans. Each general's kyrie have their own distinct look, a different type of "winged human." Utgar's demonic kyrie, Jandar's metallic-winged ones, Ullar's natural white-winged ones, etc. Different breeds, it seems. Aquilla's Moon Tribe can and should follow this cool precedent, and what would be more fitting than insect-like wings?
It isn't just the color or the type of wing (metallic, bat-like, or bird-like), you also use the shape of the wings to make visually distinct kyrie. Concan and the sentinels both have white wings like the protectors and the Ullar kyrie heroes, but they are still distinct from the protectors as they have uniquely shaped wings. You even see this with Einar's kyrie, as they have differently shaped wings with the imperium having passive soaring wings and Kiova having high-speed wings.

Also, I still disagree that Moon Tribe kyrie should have insect wings. They were mistaken by Sgt. Drake and the others for birds and it seems really unfitting for a Valkyrie general named Aquilla (which is Latin for eagle) to have an army of insect winged kyrie. Maybe some insect winged kyrie heroes from elsewhere, but definitely not the Moon Tribe. As I said before you can do so much with wing types and shapes. It might be hard to find any kyrie-looking miniatures, but I think it's just as hard if not harder to find medium sized pixie miniatures.
Old August 25th, 2021, 09:28 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPlainsKnight View Post
Also, I still disagree that Moon Tribe kyrie should have insect wings. They were mistaken by Sgt. Drake and the others for birds and it seems really unfitting for a Valkyrie general named Aquilla (which is Latin for eagle) to have an army of insect winged kyrie. Maybe some insect winged kyrie heroes from elsewhere, but definitely not the Moon Tribe. As I said before you can do so much with wing types and shapes. It might be hard to find any kyrie-looking miniatures, but I think it's just as hard if not harder to find medium sized pixie miniatures.
Being mistaken for birds doesn't necessarily require bird-like wings. Actually, it's hard to imagine mistaking humanoids for birds unless they were very far away, far enough that distinct shape isn't discernible. More troubling, in my opinion, is the description of reddish-brown skin. That really limits the potential mini selection.

Or we just ignore those rarely-known references and do what we want.

As for pixie minis, I've seen a number of good ones, actually. Haven't had a design get good traction yet, though.
Old August 25th, 2021, 10:27 AM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPlainsKnight View Post
Being mistaken for birds doesn't necessarily require bird-like wings. Actually, it's hard to imagine mistaking humanoids for birds unless they were very far away, far enough that distinct shape isn't discernible. More troubling, in my opinion, is the description of reddish-brown skin. That really limits the potential mini selection.

Or we just ignore those rarely-known references and do what we want.

As for pixie minis, I've seen a number of good ones, actually. Haven't had a design get good traction yet, though.
Have you ever seen birds that are high up in the sky flying directly above you? You mainly see wings with a tiny dot for a head and a line from the bottom. Now I know that the tiny dot is a bird's head and that the line is the tail and legs, but if you think about it, that head could easily be a human head and the line the drags behind the wings could easily be a pair of legs (in the context of heroscape). Besides, assuming they were watching over the Drake and the others, wouldn't they need to see them too? I can't imagine they have much better eyesight than Raelin so that they can fly even higher and still see what's happening down below. But I digress.

I agree that the skin color of the Moon Tribe limits options, so does the fact that they wear animal skins, but I believe that the design should be as faithful as possible to the original heroscape lore. The C3V stayed faithful to every other minor detail, I don't see why it shouldn't here. Nhah scirh were dragon killers, Dreadguls were more wild vikings, knights of blackgaard were evil knights, and raptorians were bird people. Granted they were never given such a limiting description, but what details that were there were used. I'd say it's better to have no Moon Tribe kyrie, than unfaithful Moon Tribe kyrie who are nothing like the kyrie that were described in the journals. That however, is just my own opinion.
Old August 25th, 2021, 10:58 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

That Pathfinder Snowbound set may or may not have anything suitable for Aquilla kyrie, but it might have a good Utgar kyrie hero:

The figure is apparently called a Cambion.
Old August 25th, 2021, 11:43 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
That Pathfinder Snowbound set may or may not have anything suitable for Aquilla kyrie, but it might have a good Utgar kyrie hero:

The figure is apparently called a Cambion.
Does it have a tail? If so that would be problematic in my opinion.
Old August 25th, 2021, 11:56 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Wire cutters!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs