Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 13th, 2020, 02:52 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Night Thrasher (Breathing)

I propose we move to initial playtesting
Old August 13th, 2020, 03:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Night Thrasher (VOTE for Initial)

Yea
Old August 13th, 2020, 03:23 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yep, good work so far.
Old August 13th, 2020, 04:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

yea
Old August 14th, 2020, 08:49 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old August 14th, 2020, 08:54 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

yea. Just as a note, New Warriors should probably be moved to the third power listed to follow order of activation.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 14th, 2020, 10:53 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Night Thrasher (Initial Playtest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
yea. Just as a note, New Warriors should probably be moved to the third power listed to follow order of activation.
Thanks Bats, I updated the OP.
With that, this passes.
Old August 20th, 2020, 10:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Night Thrasher (Initial playtest)

A bit late here but very glad to see this guy started! I'm still a little bit iffy on the skateboard being a glyph, but I think there's some fun interplay with the ability to steal it or destroy it or that sort of thing. Ultimately, kind of finnicky but I think it'll be fun.

One thing I might suggest, though, is just aping Catgirl and giving him a static move boost if he doesn't move up. The current wording lets him do some "halfpipe" stuff where you start high and gets the momentum to move upwards, but I'm not sure if that's worth the complexity. But now that I'm writing it out it is kinda cool...

Either way, the back half should probably be phrased like this... I went with "ollie" because that's the formal word for a skateboard jump, but jump is probably fine too if people would prefer that. Or "hop" if we wanted to save space.

"At any point before or during this figure's normal move, you may subtract 2 from its movement to Ollie. Each Ollie has a move of 1, or 2 if this figure has the Skate Pack special power. When counting spaces for an Ollie, ignore elevations. This figure may ollie over water without stopping, ollie over figures without becoming engaged, and ollie over obstacles such as ruins. This figure may not ollie more than 4 levels up or down in a single ollie. If this figure is engaged when it starts to ollie, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks."
Old August 21st, 2020, 12:49 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I just don’t really think skateboards function like roller skates. The fundamental “cool” appeal of a skateboard is that you can roll down half-pipes, grind on rails, ollie (Thanks for the terminology ), etc. Having a skateboard vigilante dude struggle with elevation just doesn’t feel totally on point to what the main appeal of having a skateboard vigilante dude in the first place, y’know?

I’m 2 games into the initial (should have it finished soon) and the movement stuff definitely does feel niche and map dependent, but also has led to a fun moment or two, like when he tossed a flashbang at Sue then weaved around the whole F4 to get to her. I like that the quickest route to a destination isn’t always a striaght line, that feels very evocative to me. It’s a decent movement option, but for general use I don’t see it getting picked over Bat-Grapple very often. (Which is good, IMO.)

The “half-pipe” concept did take a second to get used to for sure, but after a game or so it doesn’t take that much thought anymore.
Old August 23rd, 2020, 05:21 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Night Thrasher

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Team 1 (660): Night Thrasher (w/ Skateboard + Smoke Pellet) (180), Nova (210), Speedball (150), Firestar (120)
Team 2 (660): Batman I (200), Nightwing (200), Robin (Tim) (120), Robin (Damian) (80), Catgirl (60)

Pre-game thoughts: Trying him out first with what we have of the OG New Warriors team. Smoke Pellet is usually considered our best Utility Glyph, and it should help Thrasher survive longer and get maximum usage out of his bonding.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Thrasher fell pretty early here due to some Batman strikes, leaving the rest of the Warriors to do most of the work. Still, came out pretty balanced in the end. Either side really could have won there at the end

Army Test 2
Map: [i]City Park
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Night Thrasher (w/ Skateboard + Flashbang) (180), Nova (210), Speedball (150), Blue Beetle (Kord) (160), Captain America (240), Bucky (60)
Team 2 (1,000): Fantastic Four (1,000)

Pre-game thoughts: Threw Blue Beetle in here because he’s an exceptionally strong Crime Fighter that I don’t use often.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: The F4 taking height here made the whole game a literal uphill battle for Team 1. Night Thrasher and crew actually had several solid plans to take out Sue, but the dice just didn’t come through, and her living so long really halted their progress.

The moment in Round 1 where I was able to use every element of the Skateboard movement to make my way over to Sue was the first time I felt like the board was working as intended, but dang was it cool! Definitely going to be an option that works best on uneven terrain.

Army Test 3
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (640): Night Thrasher (w/ Smoke Pellet + Flashbang) (180), Nova (210), Spider-Man
Team 2 (640): Songbird (180), Sandman (210), Iron Man MkIV (250)

Pre-game thoughts: A Crime Fighter vs. Crime Fighter mashup, to compare how Thrasher feels when directly compared to a very similar unit. (Songbird)

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: This felt pretty balanced. Spidey was able to deal with Songbird pretty easily, but Sandman roughed up Thrasher and his friends more than they could handle.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Thrasher feels pretty balanced already. My only concern is that he’s fitting into the same point cost niche as thee two already-existing Crime Fighter leaders at basically the same point cost. But I also think the Reckless boost does give him his own unique niche and allies that separate him a little bit. He’s not as much of a pure damage-dealing tank as Cage, and doesn’t provide the nice defensive boost of Songbird, but the attack boost and bringing a flashbang give him a cool “blitz” playstyle that feels unique.

The skateboard is definitely niche as a Utility Glyph, but it feels fun. I’m interested to see if further playtesting finds it useful for the defense boost or if Smoke Pellet is ultimately more useful for him.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I dig him. Like I said, his playstyle feels very blitz-y, where it's all about teeing up big hits for the round or so he stays in the fight. Flashbanging enemies, then having Nova charge them for a giant hit feels like a pretty core strategy, but that also feels pretty accurate to the New Warriors dynamic.
Apologies for this taking longer than intended!
Old August 27th, 2020, 01:13 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Do we like where he's at?
Old September 2nd, 2020, 04:08 PM
Just A Head

@Dr. Jekyll

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library