Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old September 16th, 2018, 03:38 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
I don't really know what you'd do with those guys, honestly
Old September 16th, 2018, 09:59 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Quote:
NAME = YELLOW CONSTRUCT
SECRET IDENTITY = AXE

SPECIES = ENERGY
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = CONSTRUCT
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 0
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 0

POINTS = 40

YELLOW CONSTRUCT COMBAT

Yellow Constructs do not start the game on the battlefield. After revealing an Order Marker on Yellow Lantern's Army Card, instead of attacking, you may place one Violent Yellow Construct you control that is on its card on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of that Yellow Lantern and immediately attack with that construct. You may not create any additional Yellow Constructs this turn. If you no longer control any Yellow Lanterns, destroy all Yellow Constructs you control.

YELLOW CONSTRUCT ARMAMENTS
After attacking with this construct, if it is not destroyed, you must immediately place it on the card of a figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces or back on its own card. Figures with Yellow Construct Axe on their card add 1 to their attack number when attacking an adjacent figure. If a figure with Yellow Construct Axe on their card is attacked and receives 2 or more wounds or is not within six spaces of a Yellow Lantern you control, destroy this construct.
I had an idea for Constructs that I thought might be cool for expanding the Lanterns. I think expanding it to include Sinestro Corps Soldiers could be cool, but might call for upping the points on a construct like this.
I am a big fan of expanding the lanterns and have plans to do so myself in a lot of ways, but constructs aren't something I'm particularly interested in running. This is all the better since you seem to be!

The idea of a retracting axe that only comes out to swing is neat and very Sinestro-esque. You could have it trigger off of Insurgents rather than Yellow Lanterns, though that does leave out Arkillo and potentially other nice Yellow Lanterns. It could even be as simple as "Yellow Lantern or Insurgent" or "figure with the Yellow Power Battery special power.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 16th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

"Figure with the Yellow Power Battery special battery" sounds like a really good solution to me.
Old September 17th, 2018, 05:24 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yeah, I too have long thought it would be good to have constructs for the Lanterns that aren't Green (as well as actual factions for the ones that aren't Green or Yellow...).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 17th, 2018, 06:57 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I am a big fan of expanding the lanterns and have plans to do so myself in a lot of ways, but constructs aren't something I'm particularly interested in running. This is all the better since you seem to be!

The idea of a retracting axe that only comes out to swing is neat and very Sinestro-esque. You could have it trigger off of Insurgents rather than Yellow Lanterns, though that does leave out Arkillo and potentially other nice Yellow Lanterns. It could even be as simple as "Yellow Lantern or Insurgent" or "figure with the Yellow Power Battery special power.
I've been itching for more constructs, and I think the uncommon lanterns being able to use them would really make them more fun. I sure hope these plans include making use of those Lantern Recruit heroclix that have been around for a bit now.

I've got some ideas for making constructs a bit diverse across the color spectrum, rather than just taking a construct and slapping a name on it. I edited this to open it up to all Yellow Power Battery folks, and removed the range restriction on the armaments power.

Quote:
NAME = YELLOW CONSTRUCT
SECRET IDENTITY = AXE

SPECIES = ENERGY
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = CONSTRUCT
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 0
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 0

POINTS = 40

YELLOW CONSTRUCT COMBAT

Yellow Constructs do not start the game on the battlefield. After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a figure with the Yellow Power Battery special power, instead of attacking, you may place one Violent Yellow Construct you control that is on its card on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of that figure and immediately attack with that construct. You may not create any additional Yellow Constructs this turn. If you no longer control any figures with the Yellow Power Battery special power, destroy all Yellow Constructs you control.

YELLOW CONSTRUCT ARMAMENTS
After attacking with this construct, if it is not destroyed, you must immediately place it on the card of a figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces or back on its own card. Figures with Yellow Construct Axe on their card add 1 to their attack number when attacking an adjacent figure. If a figure with Yellow Construct Axe on their card is attacked and receives 2 or more wounds, destroy this construct.
Old September 17th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
I've been itching for more constructs, and I think the uncommon lanterns being able to use them would really make them more fun. I sure hope these plans include making use of those Lantern Recruit heroclix that have been around for a bit now.
If you go to the Unreleased Figures thread, there are a few Lanterns that have made it through public playtesting but are not yet released.

The design is looking real good
Old September 18th, 2018, 02:51 AM

danthem knows what's in an order marker danthem knows what's in an order marker

Can't sleep, just like these personifications of death to speedsters just can't resist the urge of hunting down Speedsters who they've deemed have met their ends.

Some sources say these two are the same entity, but from looking at them myself, I'd declare those sources foolish (Have you even heard of Black Flash using anything as absolutely amazing as "Cosmically powered Skis"?)

Black Flash
Spoiler Alert!

Black Racer
Spoiler Alert!

I think that wording on these heroes is better than I've done in the past, but the Deathstroke ability could probably use a rewrite.

Last edited by danthem; October 13th, 2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old September 18th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Just A Head

On Speed Force Hunter, it would make sense to add in the Speed Force special power so they can target Wally West Flash too.

EDIT: Entity might be a good choice for species

Last edited by MrNobody; September 18th, 2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old September 18th, 2018, 09:59 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthem View Post
Can't sleep, just like these personifications of death to speedsters just can't resist the urge of hunting down Speedsters who they've deemed have met their ends.

Some sources say these two are the same entity, but from looking at them myself, I'd declare those sources foolish (Have you even heard of Black Flash using anything as absolutely amazing as "Cosmically powered Skis"?)

Black Flash
Spoiler Alert!

Black Racer
Spoiler Alert!

I think that wording on these heroes is better than I've done in the past, but the Deathstroke ability could probably use a rewrite.
Black Flash is definitely one I want to see. The design is fairly simple and utilizes mechanics similar to Quicksilver in the Chronokinesis. Speed Force Hunter is simple, and I like how it resonates on both of these designs.

Black Racer I have not heard of. I am just about as lost as you in terms of wording Deathstroke (and think it could probably use a rename, given Deathstroke), but the idea is awesome. We've had units get rewarded for moving through figures before and a massive attack could be something right up the alley of this guy. It might be too strong for an every turn use, perhaps a once per round or once per game even.

Old September 18th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Just A Head

My worry with Deathstroke would be defensive powers. If BR moves through Supes and 2 Civies, do their combined defense dice still get the Man of Steel boost? Is it considered a normal attack, a special attack, or something else? Also how does height advantage work with it?
My first thought would be to make it an “instead of moving and attacking” special attack and say the defending figures can’t recieve height advantage or use any special powers to modify the roll. I could be wrong about all this though.
Old September 18th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Just A Head

Okay, so after hearing he's getting a Heroclix next year, I sat down and re-read the Flex Mentallo miniseries and polished off my older Flex design.
Quote:

NAME = FLEX MENTALLO
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A
SPECIES = ENTITY/HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MYSTERY MAN/CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT
(Troubled would give him the right synergy, but it doesn't really fit him in my experience.)

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

MAN OF MUSCLE MYSTERY
Once per turn, instead of moving or attacking, you may choose either Flex Mentallo or any figure within 4 clear sight spaces. You may either:
  • Move any 1 unrevealed Order Marker at random on the chosen figure's card to any other card in that figure's army that is in play;
  • Remove one Wound Marker from the chosen figure's card
  • Place the chosen figure on any empty space on the battlefield within 3 spaces of its original placement. The figure moved by this Glyph will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

HERO OF THE BEACH
Whenever Flex Mentallo or any figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Flex Mentallo would be destroyed or receives enough wounds to be destroyed in any way except by this special power, they instead receives one wound.
So this is a bit weird and I'm not sure what's the usual procedure. @laughing matter had a Flex Mentallo draft which had a very similar concept of "Walking Cosmic Cube" to him. I'm pretty sure I had the idea independently before seeing his, but I honestly can't say for sure at this point. I think it's the best way to go with the character, so it wouldn't feel right to abandon the idea for something less suitable. On the other hand, I don't want to rip him off and I wouldn't really feel comfortable running this design as is without permission. Tagging him here if by chance he pops in and wants to comment either way.

Anyways, is there anything he's done in the Way run I'm missing here?

Last edited by MrNobody; September 19th, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old September 19th, 2018, 08:42 AM

Man of Muscle Memory seems very strong since you don't have to roll for any of those powers and get an option each time. That combined with Hero of the Beach affecting other figures could see this guy scratching close to 400 points potentially. Is that the target range for him?

Was he ever a part of the Justice Society? If not, I'd stay away from Mystery Man.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy