Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 15th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Shhhhhh! Don't tell everyone I'm filthy rich royalty! =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
That is clarification, Kiova. Figures cannot see themselves on the battlefield.
Eh, there is a difference between the two terms in HS and aren't really meant to be interchangeable.

Thus, the clarification. ^_^

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; July 15th, 2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: LOS =/= Clear Sight
Old July 15th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Shhhhhh! Don't tell everyone I'm filthy rich royalty! =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Eh, there is a difference between the two terms in HS and aren't really meant to be interchangeable.

I know that. But a figure cannot see itself!
Old July 15th, 2013, 06:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
BRB ;}

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I dunno, I still think that Raelin (and other Kyrie) suggests they can. I'll look in the FAQ's (and BftU's rulebook) and post back when I ind out.

Edit: Well I didn't see anything stating otherwise in either text. It appears as though sight in general is only used as a determining factor for other figures (the only official instance of this appears to be Sonlen's Dragon with its Healing ability, but that is a figure on a figure who is not used to check sight).

As such, use this information as you wish.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; July 15th, 2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Confusing, isn't it? =P
Old July 16th, 2013, 04:09 AM

scream81 Woo who?
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

1) 1 water tile and 1 land tile, are they consider same level ? Can a 2hex figure land on 1 water tile and 1 land tile ?

2) 1 water tile stack on 1 land tile and beside 1 land tile. are they consider same level ? Can a 2hex figure land on 1 water tile and 1 land tile ?

thanks pls advice =)
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:46 AM

pieface! is surprisingly tart

1. No, 1 water is considered no level, I believe. No. The base must be on equal elevation.

2. Yes, but a 2 hex figure still can't be placed there.
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scream81 View Post
1) 1 water tile and 1 land tile, are they consider same level ? Can a 2hex figure land on 1 water tile and 1 land tile ?

2) 1 water tile stack on 1 land tile and beside 1 land tile. are they consider same level ? Can a 2hex figure land on 1 water tile and 1 land tile ?

thanks pls advice =)
1. No, a water tile is considered zero height and a land tile one height, so a 2 hex figure cannot stand on one of each.

2.Yes, they are considered the same level in that case, so YES, a 2 hex figure can stand on it.

Last edited by MegaSilver; July 16th, 2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: pieface may have got confused by your question, I'm not sure.
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

...unless two water tiles are stacked on top of one another, in which case it's even height.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Shhhhhh! Don't tell everyone I'm filthy rich royalty! =P

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's easier to remember this:
1. Line of Sight must pass through at least one hex, but you always have LOS on adjacent models.
3. Clear sight must pass through at least one hex, but you always have LOS on adjacent models.

If you always remember that sight of any kind must pass through one hex, it saves you a lot of "rule-membering".

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM

LoganTO is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
...unless two water tiles are stacked on top of one another, in which case it's even height.
But if you would do that, you might as well just stick another hex there and put a water tile on top since water tiles don't stack well.

Or would 2 on top of each other be deep water and have possible damaging side effects... roll 20 sided die, if you roll a 20, you drown :P

Historyscape

Spoiler Alert!
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:41 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
This isn't accurate.

Under no circumstances is water or any zero height tile considered to have a height, even if stacked. Zero plus zero equals zero.

Furthermore, the stacking of zero height tiles is not allowed within the official rules. Using the Thalenk Tundra rule book, it says that "ice tiles cannot be stacked on water tiles, other ice tiles, or any other tiles that are considered to have no height." This is also referenced in the Volcarren Wasteland rule book and the Battle for the Underdark rule book.

Stacking of zero height tiles is completely a custom use of the terrain and there is no official rules or scenarios that support doing so nor how to count the height if you did.

Since this is a thread in the official rules area of the forum, I would be remiss if I did not point out that stacking zero height tiles is not an official way to build terrain.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 17th, 2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Change level to height As per cmgames clarification in post 8737
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:33 PM

If you put a water tile on top of a land tile, it's not a zero level tile, though. It assumes the level of the tile below it, correct?

Quote:
Furthermore, the stacking of zero level tiles is not allowed within the official rules. Using the Thalenk Tundra rule book, it says that "ice tiles cannot be stacked on water tiles, other ice tiles, or any other tiles that are considered to have no height." This is also referenced in the Volcarren Wasteland rule book and the Battle for the Underdark rule book.
And that applies to ice and shadow and lava, but is there any reference to WATER or SWAMP WATER in either master set rules? Not being a smart ass, genuinely curious. I've done this specifically because I don't have all that many 1-hex tiles so I do it to save tiles.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:46 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Nope..nothing about swamp or water..but there is also no rules or scenarios for it being alowed. There is a previous incarnation of FAQ stating that zero *height* tiles never have height. If they never have height, how does stacking them give them height?

We all do it. I'm just pointing out that it isn't supported by the rules.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 17th, 2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Change level to height As per cmgames below

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's