Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 10th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I completely agree that according to the rules, he can't escape.

What bothers me is that thematically, it doesn't make sense. Whereas with figures like Kang, it can be argued that he can't reach his equipment to activate time travel/teleportation, with Nightcrawler he doesn't make any movements to teleport. This would also apply to figures like Shadowcat, Vision, and Martian Manhunter (when they are in "low density mode"). Thematically, nobody should be able to hold them.
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Actually thematically wouldn't the Cyberclaw guy teleport with Nightcrawler?
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:59 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus
I think your onto something there... that would be cool if Nightcrawler could choose to teleport adjacent figures around...
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:00 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus
I guess, but that is just way too confusing for Heroscape terms. Keepp it simple, he can't leave the engagement when cyberclawed.

Old August 10th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Oh, I agree, I was just saying thematically I would think he would teleport with Nightcrawler.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:02 PM

EDIT: Sorry double post.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:15 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Not I'm proposing doing this with Nightcrawler, but I guess if you wanted to get around Cyberclaw and still stay within the rules there are a few ways you could approach it.

Since it says the figure "cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card of glyph", one way is to have a special power that allows you to reposition a figure that is explicitly defined as not being a "move". Another way is to use a power from some other source, like an equipment/peripheral card since technically that isn't an Army Card or Glyph. I also wonder what would take precedence if you had a special that simply said the figure could disengage from a Cyberclaw and that this power couldn't be overriden by any other special power .

Granted, all of these are quite a stretch, but I guess if you really wanted to create a figure that could get out you'd have to go with one of these approaches.

The only possible way I could see keeping Nightcrawler thematic and possibly within the rules is to say he could teleport but takes the Cyberclaw-ing figure with him. So technically, he's still in the Cyberclaw. Then he could teleport adjacent to molten lava, leaving the other figure on lava. I don't really want to change Nightcrawler, but I guess this approach might work.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nightcrawler would still be "moved" under those circumstances, though. I see no need to reopen Nightcrawler - we're just going to have to live with the fact that when he's Cyberclawed he (for some reason) just can't access certain powers. If Saylind can't summon you from Cyberclaw, then it's only fair for Nightcrawler to be stuck on the spot.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 10th, 2007, 12:54 PM

I know, I don't want to change Nightcrawler either. I'm just throwing out ideas that may be useful for future customs. Maybe someone that had a power to move the Cyberclaw-ing figure. You could either knock him back or teleport him away, and that way the figure trapped in the Cyberclaw would technically not move but still be freed from it.
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
For future customs, let's not forget the size limitation. Large figures can just ignore the claw altogether, and huge ones can ignore even X17. Currently, this helps the Swog Riders the most, as they are large bonding figures with disengage who can just walk though through the gladiatrons. Even a medium superhero could have a shapeshifting power that temporarily made himself count as a large phantom walker to get away from the claw.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations