Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old March 1st, 2021, 06:35 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: OHS Season 40 - Reverse Draft - Bring Your Own Glyph

I got a bye!
Old March 1st, 2021, 10:14 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 40 - Reverse Draft - Bring Your Own Glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I got a bye!
It was entirely random, and not because nobody wants to draft against you.

Probably.
Old March 1st, 2021, 08:36 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: OHS Season 40 - Reverse Draft (BYOG) - Round 1 until 3/7

I will admit that I do not want to play in that matchup.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 2nd, 2021, 06:45 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
I will admit that I do not want to play in that matchup.
I will say this: in my experience, the people who pick the strongest or weakest thing they can think of for reverse draft (because "hey it's reverse draft it's automatically balanced") have done poorly in that event, without fail. There's a good reason for this: you end up with one army getting drafted down into oblivion, which results in erratic gameplay, and nobody can really win those matches consistently.

I also find these extreme draft games are not particularly fun for either player.

This isn't really a unique problem for reverse draft - someone can easily bring two hyper-strong armies for bring 2, or bring something super strong or super weak in alternating RTW. Or, you know, bringing something ridiculously strong to a local event where people aren't expecting that sort of thing. We've seen all these things happen. For some reason it seems to happen slightly more often in reverse draft.
Old March 2nd, 2021, 08:02 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
There's a good reason for this: you end up with one army getting drafted down into oblivion, which results in erratic gameplay, and nobody can really win those matches consistently.
To be fair, winning initiative will mean more than the drafts in these games.

EDIT: I guess not. Middle ground armies won't rely on drafts or initiative and therefore win more often. Touche.
Old March 3rd, 2021, 09:16 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Glyph It Up For Everybody

Quote:
The moonknight v. chris perkins armies are:
Wait and fire
* Charos, Morgan's Riflemen, 4th Massachusetts Linex4
- Kelda (Full Heal) (Temporary Power)
Majestic Winds
* Isamu, Kaemon Awa, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Zelrig, Deathreaversx4x2+3
- Thorian (Figures Unable to Be Attacked by Normal Ranged Attacks) (Permanent Power)
Playing Sunday @ 10 am EST.
Old March 3rd, 2021, 11:06 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Captain and I tee off Saturday Morning at 9:30 am Central time!

The captain stupendous v. coachmuskie armies are:
Fraser Sharp
* Gen. Simon Fraser, Guilty McCreech, Marcu Esenwein, 20th Maine Volunteersx3, Einar Imperiumx2 - Thorian (Figures Unable to Be Attacked by Normal Ranged Attacks) (Permanent Power)
Brutish!
* Isamu, Major Q10, Marcu Esenwein, Horned Skull Brutesx5 3 + 1 - Potion of Healing (Heal 3 Wounds) (Temporary Treasure)
coachmuskie chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, captain stupendous chooses who places first.

Old March 4th, 2021, 12:23 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played @superfrog this morning and his speed definitely killed and got him the win.

Speed Kills (super)
* Gen. Simon Fraser, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Einar Imperiumx2, Red Ants of Aunstromx3 - Valda (Move +2) (Permanent Power)
Blood Brigade (me)
* Alastair MacDirk, Minions of Utgarx4 - Thorian (Figures Unable to Be Attacked by Normal Ranged Attacks) (Permanent Power) (bid down to Minions of Utgarx3.67)

Game Summary
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 4th, 2021, 10:05 AM

I love the diversity of the armies in this tournament!! Two armies with the Einar! Seeing Minions back in action! I think the bring your Glyph is a great idea.

Old March 4th, 2021, 07:49 PM

Re: Glyph It Up For Everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Round 1 is on High Ways or the Highway (Jungle Edition).

The vydar is the man v. dok armies are:
Ghost in the Machine
* Augamo, Major Q10, Specters of Aldornx4 - Valda (Move +2) (Permanent Power)
Call off the wedding
* Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Kon-Tar-Na, Tor-Kul-Na, Marrden Nagrubsx5 x3.67 - Yngvild (Disengage) (Permanent Power)
dok chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, vydar is the man chooses who places first.
Playing tonight at 7 Mountain/8 Central/9 Eastern
Old March 4th, 2021, 08:06 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

boromir and I are starting soon. He has my army minus Raelin, Ogre Pulverizer and 5 Deathchasers, I have his army.

The Jail-Guarding Orcs
* Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Death Chasers of Theskx5, Ogre Pulverizer - Jalgard (Defense +2) (Permanent Power)

* Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Black Wyrmlingx2, Blastatronsx2, Gladiatronsx2, Red Wyrmlingx2 - Lorja Ivor (Range 4 or Greater Range +1) (Permanent Power)

EDIT: I got the win. I opened with Wyrmlings who pounded Nerak with some big rolls to take him out early, and after that the robots took over. The Deathchasers didn't have enough in the tank to ever really lay into me, especially since I had some solid defense rolls. Good game boromir, glad to get my revenge and finally beat you with Trons.

Last edited by vegietarian18; March 4th, 2021 at 09:36 PM.
Old March 5th, 2021, 12:27 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Plague Begins

Tomorrow at 6 Pacific/9 Eastern I will be streaming my game with Dad_Scaper. He will have his Protectors and Cyprien build. I will be playing with 14 acolytes, Eldgrim, and CORVID-19.

~Dysole, curious to see how it goes down

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events