Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old July 26th, 2008, 11:41 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Islandscape Post Thread

After a detour to my sisters after the tournament and a drive back to my mothers in the Bronx here I am with my post tourney report.

First off a big thank you to Dave at the Game Table...great guy..he is exactly the kind of of store owner that puts the F (friendly) in FLGS. Eckels even got a chance to teach him how to play. He was very enthusiastic and excited to see the game in action. If anyone is in the Mineola area I suggest stopping by his place or checking out his website at www.thegametableonline.com. He put the event on the tourney calendar for the store and even advertised it on his blog. NESA made him a member.

Thanks to the whole crew of the Long Island Heroscapers League for hosting a fun event.

It was great seeing some old faces again...

Eckels...we will face off one day I promise
Grish...thanks again for letting us play the last game on your beautiful flocked map...I think the beauty of it cost me that game and gave you 3rd so if that was the strategy ...it worked
sjscaper...3 tourneys in a row we attended..people are going to start talking...our game was alot of fun
Taeblewalker and Kathy...great seeing you 2 again as always.
Mogrebla...Great seeing you again and playing against you twice..both great games and even though I lost both it gave me alot of insight on how to play that army at GenCon
Rec_Thug...revenge was mine this time...we need to face off again to break this tie now.

..it was also great meeting some new faces...

WarBanner...sorry Dylan beat you so badly ..we are going to try and make it out for a few LIHL events this year so you can get our revenge (besides I want one of them cool white shirts)
Sherman Davies...you looked like a Scaper from a mile away
Elf326 nice meeting you and tell your mom thanks for bringing you from us...I really enjoyed our game not so much because I won but more so that I won against the army you were fielding which scared the bajeebies out of me before we sat down at the table.

...and to everyone else who was there and made this another fun day for me and my boys and my nephew who is so excited about doing this again...thanks.

For those keeping track at home...I am the current leader for the NESA CUP (ok so only 3 people qualify which is why I am in first but I am going to enjoy it while I have it )

Last edited by Onacara; July 26th, 2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:25 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Islandscape Post Thread

Thanks for starting this thread, Ona.

I said this in the "old" Islandscape thread, but it bears repeating here:

Thanks to Eckels, the Long Island Heroscape League and The Game Table for making this happen. I had a great time meeting all of you and playing with some of you. Those of you I didn't get to play will just be added incentive for me to get to the next event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Elf326 nice meeting you and tell your mom thanks for bringing you from us...I really enjoyed our game not so much because I won but more so that I won against the army you were fielding which scared the bajeebies out of me before we sat down at the table.
Tell me about it - not only did I realize I had to face down both Majors and Raelin, I had to do it TWICE.
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:27 AM
has been BANNED

Sherman wore the shirt he has on in his Avatar...he is the one on the right ....I think (the pic is small and I'm old and my eyes dont work so good )
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:36 AM
has been BANNED

Oh and for those involved in the Marcu discussion today...just wanted to let you know that...I WAS RIGHT

- ETERNAL HATRED : Regarding disengagement
If my opponent's Marcu is engaged with one of my figures, and then my opponent loses control of Marcu due to Eternal Hatred, would I be able to roll for disengagement if I moved Marcu away from my figure?
No. Marcu is considered a friendly figure for the duration of the turn, and thus is no longer considered to be engaged with your figure.
Old July 27th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How did your army do Onacara? I thought it was a great one when I was playing it.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old July 27th, 2008, 09:30 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
How did your army do Onacara? I thought it was a great one when I was playing it.
I won the first 3 games and lost the fourth by only 49 points...the last game was a bit worse against the same army but thats because of some really lousy rolling more than anything else.

My other problem with the army is that since i normally am so steadfast in not taking Raelin that I kept playing her wrong or just forgot about her which made even the games I won closer than they should have been.

For those who do not know, my army...which I am 95% sure that I am going to play at GenCon Championship was...

Raelin (RotV)
Rats x2
Marcus
Airborne
10th Foot x2

Unlike the Slugfest I got the drop before the first order markers in 4 of the 5...the 5th one I got before round 2...but it didnt help out all that much...

In game 1 I got the drop before 1st round and spread them out in front of sjscapers massive Ashi amy...then I rolled an 18 for initiative and felt really good about myself till he rolled a 19 and then proceeded to take out 3 of the 4 AE. Then on my turn I tried to grenade with the last one and whiffed and he subsequently died 2 second later.
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:21 PM
has been BANNED

ISLANDSCAPE pics are now posted on the NESA website
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

The Game Table was truly a great place, and being Taeblewalker, I "walked" all over every inch of it, looking at all the cool offerings. I bought Kingsport Horror, the much-anticipated expansion for Arkham Horror.

It was great to see old faces like Onacara and SJscaper, and great to meet some new ones like Grishnak, Eckels, Warbanner, and Sherman Davies. Everyone was nice and we had a blast.

I fielded original Raelin (as did many other people), Major Q10, Zetacron, and three squads of Anubian Wolves.

In the first game against Kathy, I kept rolling lousy with the wolves, even getting a 1 on the first roll. They never did get much of an attack, although they still managed to put a few wounds of Zelrig. Her Airborne Elite dropped right away and I managed to kill them with Major Q10 after they took out Zetacron and wounded Raelin. She put Zelrig on the glyph of Astrid and held it for then entire game. Even Theracus got in some good shots against me. In the end, she beat me fair and square. I got points for wounds, but I didn't actually make any kills other than the AE. I got soundly laughed at for being beaten by my girlfriend. Such is 'Scape.

In the second game, I faced SJscaper. Ernie had Kato Katsuro, 4 Ashiguar Yari, one Ashigaru Harquebus, and the Kozuke Samurai. His Surround Attack with the Yari took out Zetacron, and he manged to kill Q10 and Raelin, but not before they took out many of his Ashigaru.
Then the Wolves came out. By the time they did, he outnumbered me. Their Unleashed Fury was fickle, but in the end, they took out Kato and the rest of the army, including the Samurai. I won with two wolves left. It was close, and for a while I thought I was going to lose. A close game, and a great guy.

Warbanner was next. His army consisted of Wo-Sa-Ga, two Nagrubs, 1 Deathreavers, Zelrig, Raelin, Marcu and Otonashi. My Zetacron took out both Wo-Sa and Zelrig right away. The rats gave me some trouble, and the Nagrubs took a while to kill. I kept getting control of Marcu due to unlucky rolls of his die. He hung on grimly for a while, but in the end he went down fighting. It's times like these that show how Zetacron is a steal at 60 points.

Against Arthur, I use Zetacron again to good effectiveness, killing Grimnak and Raelin. I used Major Q10 to take out his Heavy Gruts and some of his Deathreavers. It came down to the wolves again, and though he maintained control of the glyphs of Dagmar and Lodin for most of the game, they ultimately won the game for me.

Lastly I finally got to play against Grishnak. He had 4 squads of the 10th Regiment of Foot and squads of the Minions of Utgar. The Minions never needed to enter the battle. I whiffed repeatedly with Major Q10, and I whiffed repeatedly with attack, defense, and Unleashed Fury with the Wolves. It was a slaughter, brought about in part by the power of the 10th and by the luck of the dice. A great guy to play, nonetheless.

I ranked highly enough to win a prize, which was nice.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; July 27th, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I ranked highly enough to win and prize, which was nice.
Did everyone not get a prize?
Thats a shame, but thats what happens when their is an entry fee.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old July 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Quote:
I ranked highly enough to win and prize, which was nice.
Did everyone not get a prize?
Thats a shame, but thats what happens when their is an entry fee.
Almost everyone did get a prize but the bulk of the prizes were donated by the store that hosted us and NESA so it worked out well.
Old July 27th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Kathy and I brought two small boosters - and we went home with one of them!

Old July 27th, 2008, 01:06 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Kathy and I brought two small boosters - and we went home with one of them!
One of the same ones you brought?

I have had that happen before too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events