Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 28th, 2019, 12:18 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Ebon Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Maybe look at Asterios, since his Furious Charge is relatively similar.
That's not quite the same thing that I'm looking for (it's more similar to an Eternal War that currently works for Special Powers and takes place "immediately," and Asterios isn't attempting to move into the destroyed figure's space like Tor-Kul-Na), but thanks for the suggestion.
What about Kursus?

I guess Kursus has his own built in way of dealing with this scenario...
Yeah, it's nice that Kursus' Special Attack already details what to do if he can't be placed after destroying an opponent's figure. I may need to just exclude Special Powers from my custom altogether, as sad as it may be, if there are many other problematic cases like Trample Stomp that led to the Ebon Armor only replacing figures destroyed by attacks.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 04:22 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Juste for completeness, Kursus wording comes from the Wolves of Badru Jump special attack...

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 4th, 2021, 02:58 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

If a Unique Human with an Ebon Armor on its card is destroyed while taking a leaving engagement attack, is the Ebon Armor placed on the space that figure occupied (engaged to the enemy figure) or on the space that figure was moving to?

I believe that the former interpretation is correct (that the LEA wound is inflicted before the movement is executed), but I didn't see an official ruling and would appreciate a confirmation either way.
Old March 17th, 2021, 01:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Doesn’t the BftU rulebook clear this up?
Old March 18th, 2021, 12:44 PM

Ah, that's one of the sets that I never acquired. Looking at the rulebook online, it seems to imply two different things:

Looking at Page 11, it mentions that "...as soon as your figure moves away (onto a space that's not adjacent), the opponent's figure may take a 'leaving engagement attack' on your figure..." This implies that the move is executed, I think, since they occur simultaneously.

The appendix on Page 17 does note that "for the sake of rules resolution, it is considered to have received the wounds while on the last space in which it was engaged with the figure that rolled the leaving engagement attack." This would imply that the figure is destroyed before the movement actually occurs.

However, according to the book of Parmenio, the damage is actually applied after movement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Book of Parmenio View Post
- SACRED BAND DEFY DEATH 15 : Defending Against Passing Swipes and Falling Damage
Can Sacred Band Defy Death 15 help to stop passing swipes and falling damage?
Yes, but only if the Sacred Band figure is adjacent to Parmenio when they would receive that damage. For example, if the Sacred Band figure is adjacent to Parmenio and an opponent's figure, and they move away from both, the opponent's figure would then be able to hit them with a passing swipe, but Parmenio would not be able to use Sacred Band Defy Death 15, because that figure is no longer adjacent. (Hasbro FAQ)
It's of course worth noting that the BftU rulebook probably came after the Parmenio ruling, despite them contradicting each other.

So there are a couple of different interpretations, it seems. An official ruling for where the Ebon Armor should spawn seems like it would be useful either way.
Old March 18th, 2021, 12:53 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Good question.
Old March 18th, 2021, 01:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yes, I was thinking of page 17.

I believe that trumps everything else, even Parmenio.
Old March 18th, 2021, 03:32 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Parmenio's probably just considered old rules, and D&D book is new updated rules. At least Parmenio got a tiny buff from it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 25th, 2021, 03:39 PM

From the conversation in Parmenio's thread, it seems like the consensus is that his ruling is incorrect and outdated.

Would this be something that could be formally clarified as a R&C in the OP? I think that the space that the Ebon Armor spawn on from a LEA is significant given their engagement power, and I know that in the past I and a few others have played it the other way.
Old November 1st, 2021, 03:18 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
If a Unique Human with an Ebon Armor on its card is destroyed while taking a leaving engagement attack, is the Ebon Armor placed on the space that figure occupied (engaged to the enemy figure) or on the space that figure was moving to?

I believe that the former interpretation is correct (that the LEA wound is inflicted before the movement is executed), but I didn't see an official ruling and would appreciate a confirmation either way.
Was this ever cleared up?
Old November 1st, 2021, 04:19 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I know @heroscaper2010 quoted the BftU rulebook to me in a game just last week involving Count Raymond and a figure leaving engagement from 5 spaces away to 6 spaces away from the Count, in regards to when the LEA is applied which I think resolves the question:

From BftU Rulebook - Definition of Leaving Engagement Attack
Quote:
Leaving Engagement Attack: A figure that moves out of an
engagement with another figure may become subject to a
“leaving engagement attack.” Normally, 1 attack die is rolled
against the leaving figure, and no defense is allowed. Stealth,
Flying, and Disengage special powers (among others) allow a
figure to leave an engagement without taking an attack. If a
figure receives 1 or more wounds from a leaving engagement
attack, for the sake of rules resolution, it is considered to have
received the wounds while on the last space in which it was
engaged with the figure that rolled the leaving engagement
attack.
See also: Engagement.
Old November 1st, 2021, 05:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yes, we go by the BftU ruling and ignore the Parmenio ruling. Ebon respawns on the space the figure occupied before it attempted to leave engagement.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs