Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old February 16th, 2017, 10:20 AM

nukem Woo who?
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

that would be so great! I really appreciate your work in making these compatible with Cura and Ultimaker! That way i can start printing them next week
Old February 16th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Try this one:

DELETED (see Thingiverse)

Let me know if that works.

Last edited by White Knight; October 27th, 2022 at 12:26 PM.
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:01 AM

nukem Woo who?

This looks really good. You have printed yours before? The one in inches? How do they fit with the original tiles and water tiles?

I will be printing the last one next week when i am back at the university. about 1m in fillament is needed to print this one out with small support structors. Did you print them hollow?

Will be reporting back with the finished piece.

PS: Are you able to get the other ones you have already posted into mm as well? like the street tiles and the bridge ones next? But wait till i report back to you (save your time which will otherwise be invain)
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:32 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukem View Post
This looks really good. You have printed yours before? The one in inches? How do they fit with the original tiles and water tiles?
Yes, I've printed hexes on my printer. They fit pretty well. But I sized them for my printer. Your printer might have different tolerances, so you might have to play a little with the scale.

Quote:
I will be printing the last one next week when i am back at the university. about 1m in fillament is needed to print this one out with small support structors. Did you print them hollow?
When I printed mine, I printed the hex upside down (without the top lip), printed the top lip separately, and glued them together. On my printer, it was too hard to separate the support material.

Quote:
Will be reporting back with the finished piece.

PS: Are you able to get the other ones you have already posted into mm as well? like the street tiles and the bridge ones next? But wait till i report back to you (save your time which will otherwise be invain)
Once you confirm that it works well, I can scale the other models for you. It would help to know which models you'd like so that I can focus on those.
Old February 17th, 2017, 02:37 PM

nukem Woo who?

street and bridge would be awesome!
Old February 19th, 2017, 08:12 PM

nukem Woo who?

Someone got a more detailed version of the "official" trees?
Old February 28th, 2017, 03:28 PM

nukem Woo who?

the Ultimaker at my university is currently on maintainance.
Seems i am unable to print anything for a few weeks

But atleast in cura it looked perfectly fine.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 08:59 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This stuff isn't made for Heroscape, but it could be an amazing resource. Especially if hex type bases were made for these buildings to fit on: http://www.printablescenery.com/
Old March 23rd, 2017, 01:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

So it looks like you buy the 3-D files and then have to print it yourself. After you buy the files, what is to prevent you from sharing the files for free with other people?

*edit* I'm tempted to buy that Viking Longship. Not sure how much gaming I would use it for but it would be a cool way to display some of my Viking miniatures (once I get around to painting some of my Blood Rage minis).

Last edited by Yodaking; March 23rd, 2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Some cool stuff in there. I am tempted to get the ruins.

Really cool and good to see and has me thinking what could be done for Heroscape.
If there was some way to inlay the hex pattern into existing designs we would really have something. Basically simulating the top of a Heroscape board.

You would just need to 'remove' the space between the hexes which would allow for hexes to be stacked on top securely.

Last edited by Tornado; March 23rd, 2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Some cool stuff in there. I am tempted to get the ruins.

Really cool and good to see and has me thinking what could be done for Heroscape.
If there was some way to inlay the hex pattern into existing designs we would really have something. Basically simulating the top of a Heroscape board.

You would just need to 'remove' the space between the hexes which would allow for hexes to be stacked on top securely.
Should be easy to do in Blender.
Old March 24th, 2017, 03:20 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
This stuff isn't made for Heroscape, but it could be an amazing resource. Especially if hex type bases were made for these buildings to fit on: http://www.printablescenery.com/

If not for the issue of wall thickness, it might be better to go with something built from their Rampage tileset, although for buildings, particularly customizable ones with interiors, something based off the Dragonlock Village kickstarter (pictures of some structures in this forum thread) might be an alternative; you would need to design a base that would integrate into a Heroscape map to make things fit, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing