Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old November 17th, 2015, 07:46 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Valkyrie cards for Marvelscape figures

"Pah!" said Truffaut. "No true foe would make such a faux pas! Your Pa is a faux foe, n'est-ce pas?"

I can swap the art out for more official-looking cards, just need to find better pictures of the minis....
Old November 17th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@IshMEL , I like your general choices. They look pretty good. I don't know if there are any synergy fo-paws though. For instance, Red flag of fury from ornak -doctor doom, and red skull both take a turn, on the same turn. Stuff like that.
Hmmm, good point on Ornak.... Master Manipulator requires an OM, but Mind Exchange doesn't. I suppose Ornak could activate Doom, who could then take a turn with another Hero via Mind Exchange, and then Ornak's second activation could be with that same Hero. So you'd possibly get two activations of the same Hero in the same turn, and 3 overall. Which isn't infinite-loop broken, but could be a problem.

I suppose I could alter Mind Exchange to require an OM?
Moving Doom to Valkrill is another way around it.

I really like them. Good job.
Old November 17th, 2015, 10:36 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I actually like the comic background too. Thats one way that heroes of fiction do their cards and I love em.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 17th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

It is all about your Goals.

I prefer everything looking as "Official" as possible so Only mini's for me.

But if you are willing to step out of the bounds of Official there are some crazy things you can do and they are amazing.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 17th, 2015, 12:10 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

So in looking for high-res pictures of the minis, I found the website of Derek Chock, who apparently did the sculpts for 5 of the figures when he was at Hasbro. I googled him, he builds big Lego sculptures at Legoland now. That's a pretty good gig!

Oh, and there are pictures of prototypes for a few figures from the never-released expansion.... you know you want to see what those are, right?
Old November 18th, 2015, 01:10 AM

So by popular demand, I went ahead and made "traditional" Heroscape cards using pictures of the miniatures (instead of comic or movie art.) They're in the OP. Thanks and enjoy!

Last edited by IshMEL; November 18th, 2015 at 06:32 AM.
Old November 18th, 2015, 01:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Thanks. I lost my Marvel cards so was going to print them out. I think I will use these instead of the official ones - that way when people I play with who never saw official cards will not know the difference and never question compatibility of classic with Marvel. While Captain America is the one with the most obvious synergy (Valient and/or soldiers), Red Skull and Thanos IMHO are best paired with classic customs rather than other Marvel - Red Skull with a bunch heroes and Thanos with Squads.

Next on my list is to make Competitive Unit Alters for a couple of the units. Namely to decrease cost of Red Skull and Doctor Doom (and maybe tweak their powers to work on squads in addition to heroes), but also maybe make less powerful versions of figures like Silver Surfer who many classic melee figures have a hard time killing as he is too fast. @IshMEL - can you send me the MSE files for you cards to save me some work

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 18th, 2015 at 02:14 PM.
Old November 18th, 2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Thanks. I lost my Marvel cards so was going to print them out. I think I will use these instead of the official ones - that way when people I play with who never saw official cards will not know the difference and never question compatibility of classic with Marvel. While Captain America is the one with the most obvious synergy (Valient and/or soldiers), Red Skull and Thanos IMHO are best paired with classic customs rather than other Marvel - Red Skull with a bunch heroes and Thanos with Squads.

Next on my list is to make Competitive Unit Alters for a couple of the units. Namely to decrease cost of Red Skull and Doctor Doom (and maybe tweak their powers to work on squads in addition to heroes), but also maybe make less powerful versions of figures like Silver Surfer who many classic melee figures have a hard time killing as he is too fast.
Glad you like them, and that they'll serve as your replacement cards!
Let me know if you want changes made to the cards for your alters -- changing the text is pretty easy now that the art is done.
Old November 18th, 2015, 06:39 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Cool - I was gonna do them if you sent me the MSE files, but I think a discussion on here is a good idea too, although we could start a new thread for CUC/CUA for Marvel. Anyway, here were my ideas, welcome to here some suggestions:

Doctor Doom: Reduce cost to 215 (?); Change Mind Exchange 17:
After taking a turn with Doctor Doom, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Doom. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of that figure and that figure’s Army Card and immediately take a turn with the chosen Army Card. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Army Card returns to the player who controlled the Army Card before the Mind Exchange. All Order Markers that were on the chosen army card will stay on the card.

Red Skull: Reduce cost to 160. Change Master Manipulator:
After revealing an Order Marker on Red Skull’s card, instead of taking that turn with Red Skull, you may take a turn with any Unique Hero or Squad that you control. Any figure that is taking a turn instead of Red Skull must be within clear sight of Red Skull before moving.

Silver Surfer: Change Cosmic Force Blast Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 5 ...
Change Hyper Speed 5 to Hyper Speed 4
After taking a turn with Silver Surfer, Silver Surfer may move up to an additional 4 spaces. Silver Surfer cannot use Hyper Speed 4 if he attacked with his Cosmic Force Blast Special Attack during that turn.

Though of nerfing Captain America (maybe one less defense and/or attack) and adding an additional power to Iron Man similar to C3G Iron Man Mark III or IV, but that might be too big of changes. I definitely think helping Red Skull and Doctor Doom is necessary if they are to be played at all in my house. Silver Surfer is just overpowered against melee and can decimate the right army by himself, but is probably not overpowered against range especially ranged squads. The rest of the Marvel I think are in the B to A- range so no changes are necessary.
Old November 19th, 2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Cool - I was gonna do them if you sent me the MSE files, but I think a discussion on here is a good idea too, although we could start a new thread for CUC/CUA for Marvel. Anyway, here were my ideas, welcome to here some suggestions:

Doctor Doom: Reduce cost to 215 (?); Change Mind Exchange 17:
After taking a turn with Doctor Doom, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Doom. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of that figure and that figure’s Army Card and immediately take a turn with the chosen Army Card. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Army Card returns to the player who controlled the Army Card before the Mind Exchange. All Order Markers that were on the chosen army card will stay on the card.

Red Skull: Reduce cost to 160. Change Master Manipulator:
After revealing an Order Marker on Red Skull’s card, instead of taking that turn with Red Skull, you may take a turn with any Unique Hero or Squad that you control. Any figure that is taking a turn instead of Red Skull must be within clear sight of Red Skull before moving.

Silver Surfer: Change Cosmic Force Blast Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 5 ...
Change Hyper Speed 5 to Hyper Speed 4
After taking a turn with Silver Surfer, Silver Surfer may move up to an additional 4 spaces. Silver Surfer cannot use Hyper Speed 4 if he attacked with his Cosmic Force Blast Special Attack during that turn.

Though of nerfing Captain America (maybe one less defense and/or attack) and adding an additional power to Iron Man similar to C3G Iron Man Mark III or IV, but that might be too big of changes. I definitely think helping Red Skull and Doctor Doom is necessary if they are to be played at all in my house. Silver Surfer is just overpowered against melee and can decimate the right army by himself, but is probably not overpowered against range especially ranged squads. The rest of the Marvel I think are in the B to A- range so no changes are necessary.
I like the change to Red Skull.

The only thing I'd suggest on Mind Exchange is this:
After taking a turn with Doctor Doom, you may choose any figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Doom. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of that figure and that figure’s Army Card and immediately take a turn with the chosen Army Card. Any figure taking a turn with Mind Exchange must be within clear sight of Doctor Doom before moving. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Army Card returns to the player who controlled the Army Card before the Mind Exchange. All Order Markers that were on the chosen army card will stay on the card.
So if he uses it on a Squad, he can't activate members of the Squad he can't see.

I don't use MSE, I use Photoshop, so I can't send you the files (unless you use that, or GIMP). But I'm happy to make changes to the text.
Old November 19th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Appreciate you making new cards. I like the addition to Doctor Doom you made, the card will be scrunched with all that wording. The only thing is I have not playtested any of these, so don't know the right point value for them and just conjectured numbers, but my assumption is a 450-550 point army with only one Marvel figures, so in that case 215 for a non-bonding hero is still a lot, and 160 for Red Skull whose major advantage is easy order manage and a decent clean-up figure is alright but both of these might still cost to much to be in the B+/A- range (50-70% percentile in heroscape rankings) which is what I aim for when designing alters or customs. I think Red Skull needs to be costed with C3V Myrddin in mind as that would be an insanely awesome pairing.

I am still unsure as to changes to Silver surfer. I think maybe the only change needed is lowering EITHER Hyper speed or the range to Cosmic Force Blast as the main reason he needs nerfed is so he doesn't run and gun circles around an entire army without anyone even being able to attack him - which I have seen happen many times. Basically almost any tournament where Marvel is allowed an army with Silver Surfer almost always wins against every mostly melee army. Don't get me started on a treasure quest tournament at Gencon once - that was the last time Marvel was allowed at one of those as Silver Surfer is the best treasure grabber (and keeper) in the game by far!

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 19th, 2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Appreciate you making new cards. I like the addition to Doctor Doom you made, the card will be scrunched with all that wording. The only thing is I have not playtested any of these, so don't know the right point value for them and just conjectured numbers, but my assumption is a 450-550 point army with only one Marvel figures, so in that case 215 for a non-bonding hero is still a lot, and 160 for Red Skull whose major advantage is easy order manage and a decent clean-up figure is alright but both of these might still cost to much to be in the B+/A- range (50-70% percentile in heroscape rankings) which is what I aim for when designing alters or customs. I think Red Skull needs to be costed with C3V Myrddin in mind as that would be an insanely awesome pairing.

I am still unsure as to changes to Silver surfer. I think maybe the only change needed is lowering EITHER Hyper speed or the range to Cosmic Force Blast as the main reason he needs nerfed is so he doesn't run and gun circles around an entire army without anyone even being able to attack him - which I have seen happen many times. Basically almost any tournament where Marvel is allowed an army with Silver Surfer almost always wins against every mostly melee army. Don't get me started on a treasure quest tournament at Gencon once - that was the last time Marvel was allowed at one of those as Silver Surfer is the best treasure grabber (and keeper) in the game by far!
Here's the revised cards:

Let me know how those look.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion