Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:06 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
the renaming of Whirlwind Assault rubs me the wrong way. Yes, there are other names. The ODs started with Shaolin Assualt, then Master's Assault, then finally Whirlwind Assault, which we've stuck with ever since. The first two were stupid and short-sighted. I have less than zero desire to make yet another name, when Whirlwind Assault is a perfectly good generic name.
I can understand the frustration with having the same ability renamed, BUT my interpretation of the OD's was that if it's renamed for the sake of theme then it makes sense. Whirlwind Assault "fits" better on a Kyrie (Raelin) whereas it doesn't on a Monk (Master Woo). Same here with a Demon. It's too generic and too "fluffy" for a Demon. Something more descrptive for the them like Ravenous Assault is much more appropriate imo than Whirlwind Assault. And there's a precedent for it.
I see Whirlwind Assault as a lesson to be learned about thinking through power names when designing. The ODs screwed up twice with poorly-chosen names for a reusable power before getting it right, and we have three names for the same power for no reason as the result. If you tell a player that has never seen A-N before that he has "Whirlwind Assault," that player will likely know what that means. No further explanation necessary. That's the intrinsic value of keeping power names the same. In most cases I am opposed to renaming.

I also don't see any "fluffiness" to the name Whirlwind Assault. It feels nicely generic to me. I see no reason for the renaming here.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:21 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree heavily with Scytale here. I see no reason for Shaolin assault version 4 on the card when Whirlwind Assault was made specifically to be generic and reusable. It only makes the card stronger to use it here, especially with its multiple uses in VC.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Whatever haha. I guess you’re right. The power is simple enough it doesn’t NEED to have a reusable name to know what it does. But for those that can’t figure out what it means I guess I’ll change the name lol. Submission post update pending with new power name...

yes I’m a bit salty, but I get it so it’s whatever

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

with Whirlwind Assault.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:48 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Updated.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 23rd, 2020, 02:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Still from me

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 24th, 2020, 12:21 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

to Angry-Naar. I do still have some gameplay concerns, but those can be tested on the battlefield.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 26th, 2020, 12:13 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

A flying Demon with 5 attack and Whirlwind Assault is very concerning, but Starved could counterbalance that. I'm willing to see how it plays out in testing.

to review Agrith-Naar.
Old May 27th, 2020, 03:39 PM

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 27th, 2020, 05:26 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

It doesn't matter if I upvote or abstain at this point; the other 4 Yea votes to review (capsocrates, superfrog, BiggaBullfrog, and Astroking112) are enough to move Agrith-Naar forward.
Old May 28th, 2020, 01:22 PM

Masha Shingai has passed United Fanscape review and moves forward in the process.
Old June 1st, 2020, 07:38 PM

So...just cause I'm getting close to finalizing Rujin...I went and check availability on his mini. After a quick search on a few of the main miniature suppliers there's really only ~20 of or so (including eBay). That said, Paizo does still have it available, though we know their supply is somewhat suspect.

When I first made my submission 2yrs ago for Rujin there were 81 minis in the market (not counting ebay or Paizo). Over the course of the playtesting of him, you'll remember he had 3upvotes and it seemed would be accepted (I think it was the first submission to get 3 upvotes and NOT get accepted), but then got turned down. My assumption is that during that time, a lot of active members figured the design would be "official" and went ahead and bought the mini in anticiption of it being accepted. That said, there's no way to confirm that.

So my question is...how do we handle this situation? Am I good to submit with the assumption that the mini was collected by most of those already interested anyway and paizo has the mini available still but is that enough? Is assuming people already bought it enough? Or 1) do I have to get a different mini (which could be bad for those who already bought the mini) OR 2) Just wait till availablity some how gets up in the other sources outside of Paizo?

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs